By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One and PS4 "Platform" Exclusives

The_BlackHeart__ said:
d21lewis said:

We got a "games you can play on one but not the other" list.
We got the "games you can play on this console and nowhere else" list
We got the "games you can play it you stick with one company"

Now make an "Every single game you can play on the platform without any exclusions because ever game counts" list and everybody will finally be happy!

In that case it will be 295 for the PS4 vs 188 for the XB1

That's over 100 games in less than 2 years without counting PSNow

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/ps4/filtered?sort=desc

Every the original "exclusives" list had more games than that!

*edit* just looked and I was wrong

Around the Network
The_BlackHeart__ said:

Hold your horses kid.

If we decide to include PC games the gap actually grows bigger (way bigger) in favor of the PS4.

Edit: The PS4 has defeated the XB1 in every single list so far in both quality and quantity. It is what it is.

They are arguing that only XBox games on PC count, because PS4/PC is multiplatform. (Because apparently Steam/Origin/Uplay/GOG do not count as platforms)

The_BlackHeart__ said:
d21lewis said:

Now make an "Every single game you can play on the platform without any exclusions because ever game counts" list and everybody will finally be happy!

In that case it will be 295 for the PS4 vs 188 for the XB1. This is just an approximation.

Either way. That's over 100 games in less than 2 years without counting PSNow

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/ps4/filtered?sort=desc

That's only counting games that have a Metacritic score aswell. Remember, 18 PS4 games and 5 Xbox games on the current list don't have scores.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:
Puppyroach said:
Have you counted games released for Xbox on smartphone, tablet or PC as well?

Why would I do that?

I find these kinds of lists unnecessary but it you are to do them, why not include all Xbox platforms if you included all Playstation platforms?

Puppyroach said:
Normchacho said:
Puppyroach said:
Have you counted games released for Xbox on smartphone, tablet or PC as well?

Why would I do that?

I find these kinds of lists unnecessary but it you are to do them, why not include all Xbox platforms if you included all Playstation platforms?

Because as mentioned earlier, PC isn't an Xbox platform.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
Dusk said:
This confuses me. There are loads of xbox games that are exclusive to the xbox platform but because of the nature of the xbox platform is it on multiple devices. Windows, phones, tablets. They are still only available on xbox now that MS is unifying. The same thing can be said about PlayStation Now which is also available on a bunch of devices and a few on the list are in PSNow or on the PS3 or Vita.

Yet another list, yet another flawed list.

You really cannot make a list that satisfies every fanbase. Though, I agree with you. An IP like Ori is owned by MS and put on two of their platforms, it should count just like The Last of Us would count, owned by Sony and put on two of their platforms (3 if it is on PS Now, idk).

Maybe this will make it easier to understand.

Can I purchase the game for anything other than an Xbox or Playstation (respectively)? If yes, than it doesn't belong on the list.

It was already very easy to understand. As the post you quoted states: yet another list, yet another flawed list. It's ok, no one has really made an error free list yet. And I am well aware that no matter how you make it, PS4 will have more games than Xbone, so people can save that cop out reply.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Normchacho said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
Dusk said:
This confuses me. There are loads of xbox games that are exclusive to the xbox platform but because of the nature of the xbox platform is it on multiple devices. Windows, phones, tablets. They are still only available on xbox now that MS is unifying. The same thing can be said about PlayStation Now which is also available on a bunch of devices and a few on the list are in PSNow or on the PS3 or Vita.

Yet another list, yet another flawed list.

You really cannot make a list that satisfies every fanbase. Though, I agree with you. An IP like Ori is owned by MS and put on two of their platforms, it should count just like The Last of Us would count, owned by Sony and put on two of their platforms (3 if it is on PS Now, idk).

Maybe this will make it easier to understand.

Can I purchase the game for anything other than an Xbox or Playstation (respectively)? If yes, than it doesn't belong on the list.

It was already very easy to understand. As the post you quoted states: yet another list, yet another flawed list. It's ok, no one has really made an error free list yet. And I am well aware that no matter how you make it, PS4 will have more games than Xbone, so people can save that cop out reply.

Well ps4 launched waaaaaaaaaaay earlier than XB1 (almost two days) so it should have more games!

d21lewis said:

Nope, there will always be salty Xbox fans that will be angry because (again) the Ps4 still will be on top with more and better games.

I propose that the nay sayers make a list with all the exclusions that they see relevant to see if someway/somehow the X1 ends with more and better games than the Ps4.

Who supports this idea?

Normchacho said:
Puppyroach said:

Because as mentioned earlier, PC isn't an Xbox platform.

Weird definition but even if you exclude PC, a Lumia phone is made by MS and it runs on Windows phone OS.

Can you do a list of exclusives that include the wii u