By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One and PS4 "Platform" Exclusives

LudicrousSpeed said:
Dusk said:
This confuses me. There are loads of xbox games that are exclusive to the xbox platform but because of the nature of the xbox platform is it on multiple devices. Windows, phones, tablets. They are still only available on xbox now that MS is unifying. The same thing can be said about PlayStation Now which is also available on a bunch of devices and a few on the list are in PSNow or on the PS3 or Vita.

Yet another list, yet another flawed list.

You really cannot make a list that satisfies every fanbase. Though, I agree with you. An IP like Ori is owned by MS and put on two of their platforms, it should count just like The Last of Us would count, owned by Sony and put on two of their platforms (3 if it is on PS Now, idk).

It's only a flawed list if the criteria used to select the games under each console are different and thus creates a distortion in favor of, or against one platform. I.e. there is bias. If the list applies the same criteria for both consoles, and doesn't unintentionally miss out some games, then it is a perfect list for the purpose for which it was created with no flaws at all. There are perceived flaws because the list does not meet the criteria some people want, which is to say the list does not make Xb one look the best.

If there is an actual flaw in the selection criteria, then people need to spell that out. For right now all I see is complaints that there are games playable PC, tablet and/or smartphone, missing from the Xb one list. Which unless you can point to games on the PS4 list that are also playable on PC, tablet, smartphone,  internet TV, and/or PSTV, without the need to stream from a PS4, then what people are asking for is the introduction of bias into the selection criteria in favour of Xb one, motivated by a desire to make Xb one look good, rather than a desire to see what the real difference is, and thus making the list flawed and not correct for the purpose for which it was compiled.

Name some PS4 games that should not be there or that are there unfairly without adding those Xbox games which can be purchsed and played without needing an Xb one to balance things out, and then we have a basis for making modifications to the list: either removing the PS4 games or adding the Xbox games.

The reason list wars are ultimately pointless is because really only the top 10 (heck maybe only top 5) exclusives actually drive console sales over and above the totality of the game library (which includes all those third party multiplats). All the other exclusives are simply meaningless bragging rights for the fanatics to argue about.

This whole situation arose because people have been banging on about the lack of PS4 exclusives, and when someone tries, 3 times, to see what the objective facts might show, some people don;t like the results and they keep wanting to see reconstruct things until the lists come out in their favour. Even if a bunch of games were added in Xb one's favour, the end result would be pretty even, which would still disprove the unfounded claim that PS4 has no exclusive games. And of course the reason for making the pure exclusives list was to deal with the accusation that PS4 is all about remasters and it has no new gen exclusives, which turns out to be equally true, more or less, for PS4 and Xb one. Both consoles have a dearth of true nexgen exclusives, compared to the one other player in the home console market.

Let's call it a day and accept that the "no exclusives" insult thrown at PS4 in the past is not valid, and move on.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
binary solo said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
Dusk said:
This confuses me. There are loads of xbox games that are exclusive to the xbox platform but because of the nature of the xbox platform is it on multiple devices. Windows, phones, tablets. They are still only available on xbox now that MS is unifying. The same thing can be said about PlayStation Now which is also available on a bunch of devices and a few on the list are in PSNow or on the PS3 or Vita.

You really cannot make a list that satisfies every fanbase. Though, I agree with you. An IP like Ori is owned by MS and put on two of their platforms, it should count just like The Last of Us would count, owned by Sony and put on two of their platforms (3 if it is on PS Now, idk).

It's only a flawed list if the criteria used to select the games under each console are different and thus creates a distortion in favor of, or against one platform. I.e. there is bias. If the list applies the same criteria for both consoles, and doesn't unintentionally miss out some games, then it is a perfect list for the purpose for which it was created with no flaws at all. There are perceived flaws because the list does not meet the criteria some people want, which is to say the list does not make Xb one look the best.

If there is an actual flaw in the selection criteria, then people need to spell that out. For right now all I see is complaints that there are games playable PC, tablet and/or smartphone, missing from the Xb one list. Which unless you can point to games on the PS4 list that are also playable on PC, tablet, smartphone,  internet TV, and/or PSTV, without the need to stream from a PS4, then what people are asking for is the introduction of bias into the selection criteria in favour of Xb one, motivated by a desire to make Xb one look good, rather than a desire to see what the real difference is, and thus making the list flawed and not correct for the purpose for which it was compiled.

Name some PS4 games that should not be there or that are there unfairly without adding those Xbox games which can be purchsed and played without needing an Xb one to balance things out, and then we have a basis for making modifications to the list: either removing the PS4 games or adding the Xbox games.

The reason list wars are ultimately pointless is because really only the top 10 (heck maybe only top 5) exclusives actually drive console sales over and above the totality of the game library (which includes all those third party multiplats). All the other exclusives are simply meaningless bragging rights for the fanatics to argue about.

This whole situation arose because people have been banging on about the lack of PS4 exclusives, and when someone tries, 3 times, to see what the objective facts might show, some people don;t like the results and they keep wanting to see reconstruct things until the lists come out in their favour. Even if a bunch of games were added in Xb one's favour, the end result would be pretty even, which would still disprove the unfounded claim that PS4 has no exclusive games. And of course the reason for making the pure exclusives list was to deal with the accusation that PS4 is all about remasters and it has no new gen exclusives, which turns out to be equally true, more or less, for PS4 and Xb one. Both consoles have a dearth of true nexgen exclusives, compared to the one other player in the home console market.

Let's call it a day and accept that the "no exclusives" insult thrown at PS4 in the past is not valid, and move on.

@bold - Good thing I said no matter what the PS4 would come out on top of any Xbone/PS4 list.

I simply am of the opinion that for MS, Windows and Xbox are as interchangeable as PS3 and PS4 are to Sony. I didn't say all games on Xbox and Windows only should count, I mentioned one MS published game which MS owns the IP to.

There's a lot of text after the bold which I am really not going to bother reading or responding to, hope it wasn't intended for me in particular.

LudicrousSpeed said:
binary solo said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
Dusk said:

@bold - Good thing I said no matter what the PS4 would come out on top of any Xbone/PS4 list.

I simply am of the opinion that for MS, Windows and Xbox are as interchangeable as PS3 and PS4 are to Sony. I didn't say all games on Xbox and Windows only should count, I mentioned one MS published game which MS owns the IP to.

There's a lot of text after the bold which I am really not going to bother reading or responding to, hope it wasn't intended for me in particular.

No, it was a general rant.

But PS3 and PS4 are not interchangeable, they are separate and distinct platforms. This specific list blurs the lines because the person requesting it wanted remasters included, so in effect they're saying remasters count as separate games in their own right. Fair enough, as long as we're all playing by the same rules. The exact same game playable on more than one platform isn't the same as the remaster situation. It's a pretty fine distinction, but there you have it. Again, it's why I prefer the true exclusives list with all the remasters excluded. There's less argument (but still some argument apparently) about what does and doesn't qualify as an exclusive.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

So when is the "'PS4 vs. Xbox One Exclusive Threads' Thread" coming?

#1 Amb-ass-ador

The_BlackHeart__ said:

Edit: The PS4 has defeated the XB1 in every single list so far in both quality and quantity. It is what it is.

Yes, 100% right.
And the big japanese jrpgs are coming with final fantasy 7 remake af dragon quest 11 for PS4 + persona 5 <3 and star ocean 5. but not for xbox.

the future is awesome.

Around the Network

Tagged.

Update: Added Until Dawn, and Gears of War: Ultimate edition. Scores have also been updated.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Update: Added Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess. Changed scores to go out to two decimal places.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Update: Added Tearaway Unfolded, changed Until Dawn score from 79 to 80, updated total scores.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

Update: Added Forza 6, chaged average score to reflect addition.

Bet with Adamblaziken: