By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One and PS4 "Platform" Exclusives

Dusk said:
This confuses me. There are loads of xbox games that are exclusive to the xbox platform but because of the nature of the xbox platform is it on multiple devices. Windows, phones, tablets. They are still only available on xbox now that MS is unifying. The same thing can be said about PlayStation Now which is also available on a bunch of devices and a few on the list are in PSNow or on the PS3 or Vita.

Windows isn't an Xbox platform.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Dusk said:
This confuses me. There are loads of xbox games that are exclusive to the xbox platform but because of the nature of the xbox platform is it on multiple devices. Windows, phones, tablets. They are still only available on xbox now that MS is unifying. The same thing can be said about PlayStation Now which is also available on a bunch of devices and a few on the list are in PSNow or on the PS3 or Vita.

Thread was made because a specific user thought that having PC/PS4 or Xone/PC games wasn't a very good way to look at exclusives.  But he also wanted remasters to stay in there which is why the "true exclusives" thread wasn't perfect for that end.  If you'd like a different type of exclusive list I think we have a thread for that honestly.  

edit: nvm, I misunderstood your comment and looked at it as why aren't certain games on this list instead of why are certain games on it.  

Normchacho said:
Dusk said:

You're right, but Xbox is on windows. Windows is an OS, and the PC is the device, that has the "Xbox" platform app. Not that different from a TV or DVD player that supports PSNow, or the Vita, or PS3. Same idea as a phone that has Xbox.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

DrakeBros said:
WTF is wrong with critics? GOW III is still such an incredible game but got 11 points less on metacritic on PS4 than it did on PS3 smh, most of them compalining about the price, which isn't even high at $40. Why doesn't the same apply to other remasters which retailed for $60 despite just being simple remasters (TR: DE, SD: DE, SR IV, DMC)?

TR had a lot of upgrades from its 7th gen counterparts. I don't know about the rest.

Dusk said:
Normchacho said:

You're right, but Xbox is on windows. Windows is an OS, and the PC is the device, that has the "Xbox" platform app. Not that different from a TV or DVD player that supports PSNow, or the Vita, or PS3. Same idea as a phone that has Xbox.

PSNow games aren't included either. But the Vita and PS3 are Playstation platforms (being the Playstation Vita, and the Playstation 3).

Also, where is Xbox on Windows? I have an 8.1 PC and I don't have an Xbox app nor is it in the store. Most importatly though, even Microsoft makes the distinction between Xbox and PC. Saying games like Forza Horizon 2 are only on Xbox, while games like Ori are only on Xbox and PC.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
DrakeBros said:
WTF is wrong with critics? GOW III is still such an incredible game but got 11 points less on metacritic on PS4 than it did on PS3 smh, most of them compalining about the price, which isn't even high at $40. Why doesn't the same apply to other remasters which retailed for $60 despite just being simple remasters (TR: DE, SD: DE, SR IV, DMC)?

TR had a lot of upgrades from its 7th gen counterparts. I don't know about the rest.

Only graphical though, same as the others. That doesn't make it a better/worse game, which is what my point is. Critics just went on the hate train for GOW III R which started right when it was announced.

DrakeBros said:

God of War only recieved small upgrades over the PS3 version though. They were good updates, (60 fps made the game run much better) but asking $40 for one game when you can buy it and several other games for the PS3 for $20 is alot if you aren't going to make big changes to the game. Don't regret buying it, but I understand where the criticism was coming from.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

Normchacho said:
DrakeBros said:

God of War only recieved small upgrades over the PS3 version though. They were good updates, (60 fps made the game run much better) but asking $40 for one game when you can buy it and several other games for the PS3 for $20 is alot if you aren't going to make big changes to the game. Don't regret buying it, but I understand where the criticism was coming from.

Sleeping Dogs, Devil May Cry and SRIV had the same issues and priced at $60, but weren't criticised for it. Actually, even TLOU R has a similar issue, so really its the critic's fault. They should have done the same with the others if they had to do it.

Dusk said:
Normchacho said:

So now we have to list all the toasters and hair curlers that can stream PS Now?

Also, most games that come out on Windows come out on Linux and Mac, so they again are not XBox platform exclusives. (Which are and are not I have no idea, I don't follow PC gaming).

Normchacho said:
Dusk said:

PSNow games aren't included either. But the Vita and PS3 are Playstation platforms (being the Playstation Vita, and the Playstation 3).

Also, where is Xbox on Windows? I have an 8.1 PC and I don't have an Xbox app nor is it in the store. Most importatly though, even Microsoft makes the distinction between Xbox and PC. Saying games like Forza Horizon 2 are only on Xbox, while games like Ori are only on Xbox and PC.

Windows 10. LIke I said, they are working at unifying.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.