By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The King is Dead, Long Live the Kings!

Tagged games:

Smeags said:
celador said:
Congratulations on your freedom.

As for improvements, while I agree with your points, I think it will be difficult to implement changes that would have the desired outcome. You can encourage people to improve content and be less hostile to those wirh differing opinions, but those changes, if they are to be successful, have to be led by the community, and I am not convinced it will be possible.

The only improvement I can think of right now is having a minimum standard for certain threads, like review threads.

Forum culture is definitely something that's dependant on a variety of things, especially the community that is part of the forums. But a little elbow grease and implementations can help to change that culture, even if it's little by little.

But yeah, never an easy task. But by shining light on some aspects we can at least see it for what it is... and hopefully do something about it!

Hope so, there are enough good users that make it worth a try at least.

Will you still be doing the greatest game tournament?

Around the Network
celador said:

Hope so, there are enough good users that make it worth a try at least.

Will you still be doing the greatest game tournament?

Alright here are some of my thoughts:

• A number of boards I think can be merged such as Website Issues and Feedback and MMO with Online Gaming just to have less inactive boards
  • As Smeags says, a bigger focus on game-related discussion and also forum user created content such as reviews.
  • A more streamlined experience between the forums and the site articles (interconnection perhaps?)

Good luck with your future endeavors.

Let me try to think.

1. Focus on making a proper mobile version of VGC.
2. Update the game database. I noticed that you can get points for helping update the database, yet there doesn't seem to be options to do so. I'd love to try and help with things, like adding images for existing titles on the database that lack one.
3. Prevent site crashes and downtimes. (The site went down for 12 hours.)

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Smeags said:
I'm not going anywhere guys! At least I don't think so...

It's just that I'll be a regular powerless mod, able to be controlled and puppetted by our head mod overlords.

Oh didn't really read it carefully but I do like you as head mod.

Proud to be a Californian.

Around the Network

We will never see a rise in quality here if you keep locking necros and parody threads.

If you want discussion then all you need to do is remove the hot topics from the forum. Too many threads aren't even seen because it's apparently better to only display the same threads over and over again instead of all the new ones.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Well, good choices, but a missed opportunity to make Rol and Vivster our head mods. Would be more exciting times, lol.

Youve been my inside man since long before I was on the team. Youve been my inside man since you ascended to head mod. Youve been my inside man, when Ive needed an inside man.

You have earned your rest. Its been quite the run.

RolStoppable said:

1. I should be a mod.
2. Mods should be less biased against me.
3. Platina should obey me.

You had a great run, Smeags. I will never forget your dedication to the battle against the underground movement, and related, your reaction when you learned who the mastermind behind the nation threads was.

I know that feel dude, he doesn't listen to me either T_T

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Congrats, man! You've done a great job.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won