By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Games you feel like deserves a revival?

Revival?

Metroid 59 22.96%

F-Zero 57 22.18%

Punch-Out 1 0.39%

Paper Mario RPG 28 10.89%

Duck Hunt/Ice Climber (co... 13 5.06%

Wario Land 3 1.17%

EarthBound/Mother series 27 10.51%

Advance War 17 6.61%

Golden Sun 32 12.45%

Other 20 7.78%

Total:257
her0fire777 said:
A Donkey Kong 64 platformer revival, Mario returned to 2D sidescrolling in 2006 and DK returned in 2010'with a DKCountry revival; However, Nintendo has't showed interest in a DK platformer eventhough the first time around it was met with praise both from gamer and critics.

3D Donkey Kong game would be great.

Around the Network

-Metroid (especialy 2D ç_ç)
-Earthbound (first translate and release Mother 3, then revive the series making a sequel with good graphics)
-F-Zero
-Duck Hunt (I'd like something like PvsZ with Ducks vs Dogs but they could do something totally new...)
-Golden Sun

They should really make this title regular release IPs but without stopping making NEW ones at the same time

Soleron said:
Nonlinear 3D Mario

What would you categorise Mario Galaxy and Galaxy 2?

I feel like a new Star Tropics would be awesome, but it will never happen. It was never released in japan so I can't ever see them bringing it back.

A proper Paper Mario yes....
and Kid Icarus U - come Nintendo....

Switch!!!

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
Octane said:
Metroid doesn't need a ''revival'', the franchise isn't even dead. With two games for the GCN and two for the Wii. It probably won't make an appearance on the Wii U, so they better get working on a Metroid game for their next home console. Punch-Out!! and Paper Mario aren't really dead either. I'm not too bothered if a franchise skips a generation.

F-Zero needs to be brought back in my opinion. In terms of racing games, Nintendo only has Mario Kart. Whilst I love the more casual gameplay of Mario Kart, I'd also welcome the difficulty of an F-Zero game. F-Zero makes the most sense at the moment

Earthbound is done and finished I believe. I think Itoi has said that he wasn't planning to make a Mother 4, so it's difficult to ask for something like that. I don't want anyone else to touch the franchise either...

As for any other revivals, I always thought it would be cool if we got a sequel to The Mysterious Murasame Castle; a Zelda-esque combat-focussed adventure game. Ice Climbers could work as a 2D or 3D platformer as well. Not too sure what they could do with Duck Hunt, but Nintendo has got plenty of old IPs that have potential.

Actually after great reception and buzz that games maked after they were released on VC Wii U, I think Nintendo have plans for sequel.

I'm not sure. I don't think Itoi is going to make another Mother game. We'll have to wait and see.

ARamdomGamer said:
Mischief Makers and Baten Kaitos

I'm 100 percent for these, but that would be up to Treasure on the former, and Namco for the latter.

I must be the only person on Earth who would like a new Custom Robo. I can't be upset with Nintendo not making another one, given that it would probably sell 10 copies worldwide.

burninmylight said:
I must be the only person on Earth who would like a new Custom Robo. I can't be upset with Nintendo not making another one, given that it would probably sell 10 copies worldwide.

Thought they had a platform Robo game coming out on the 3DS soon?

Wave Race, with gorgeous water effects and online play.