By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Games you feel like deserves a revival?

Revival?

Metroid 59 22.96%

F-Zero 57 22.18%

Punch-Out 1 0.39%

Paper Mario RPG 28 10.89%

Duck Hunt/Ice Climber (co... 13 5.06%

Wario Land 3 1.17%

EarthBound/Mother series 27 10.51%

Advance War 17 6.61%

Golden Sun 32 12.45%

Other 20 7.78%

Total:257
Ka-pi96 said:
Do spin offs count? If so then Pokemon Stadium needs to make a come back! The 2 Stadium games on N64 were fantastic fun and it would be great to see what they could do with that formula and todays technology.

I don't think we will get a Stadium anymore in the vein of the N64 games anymore. Back then, the Stadium games made a ton of sense because it was like an expansion pack for the GB/GBC games. Games that didn't have anything for the player to do after finishing the story modes (i.e., no Battle Tower/Maison/Frontier/Subway). There was no online either, so you couldn't easily battle someone else. All you had was beating the Elite 4 over and over. The last Pokemon Stadium-like experience, Pokemon Battle Revoution, was panned by critics and underperformed in sales. These days, if you're going to have a series of more challenging battles, you might as well tack them on as DLC for the games that already exist instead of requiring consumers to own a seperate console and purchase a new game.

Now if you were to say a new game in the vein of Colloseum or Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, which is an entirely new adventure on a console, I'd be all for that.

Around the Network
burninmylight said:
I must be the only person on Earth who would like a new Custom Robo. I can't be upset with Nintendo not making another one, given that it would probably sell 10 copies worldwide.

First I would like to have the N64 ones we missed

A cartoon style Waverace, that focuses on fun instead of realism.

How about Super Mario RPG or Star Tropics? Love them both.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Ka-pi96 said:
burninmylight said:

I don't think we will get a Stadium anymore in the vein of the N64 games anymore. Back then, the Stadium games made a ton of sense because it was like an expansion pack for the GB/GBC games. Games that didn't have anything for the player to do after finishing the story modes (i.e., no Battle Tower/Maison/Frontier/Subway). There was no online either, so you couldn't easily battle someone else. All you had was beating the Elite 4 over and over. The last Pokemon Stadium-like experience, Pokemon Battle Revoution, was panned by critics and underperformed in sales. These days, if you're going to have a series of more challenging battles, you might as well tack them on as DLC for the games that already exist instead of requiring consumers to own a seperate console and purchase a new game.

Now if you were to say a new game in the vein of Colloseum or Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, which is an entirely new adventure on a console, I'd be all for that.

Battle Revolution failed because it wasn't a Pokemon Stadium like experience.

The appeals of Pokemon stadium were
1. seeing the Pokemon battle in 3D and with much better graphics than the handhelds are capable of. BR still did this of course, but the selection of Pokemon was extremely limited making it pretty much worthless unless you also had a DS Pokemon game to go with it. Stadium 1/2 had every single Pokemon available to use regardless of whether you had the handhelds or not.

2. The minigames! Playing the minigames against computers or even better against friends was a lot of fun. They had a pretty large selection in #1 and expanded upon that and even added quizes in for #2

3. Being able to play the handheld games on a big screen. Sure it was still just the handheld game with no improvements or anything, but you were playing it on a TV rather than a little handheld console and you could use a console controller as well.

Battle Revolution did only 1 of those things, and even then it did it badly.

1. True, although I'd still say that the major selling point of Pokemon was using the Pokemon team you put together on your handheld game on the big screen. And it doesn't change the fact that a lot of that value is lost because the handheld games now have Battle ____ for single player and offline, and PvP for online, ruining most of the reason for the Stadium games to exist.

2. There were four minigames that lasted about a minute each in PS1. I'd hardly call that a large selection or major selling point. Stadium 2 didn't have a great deal more either.

3. Can't argue with that, other than private servers like Showdown and VGC taking a lot of value away from this. No, I take that back. I can argue with that. The vast majority chose places like Smogon, Showdown and VGC because playing others on PC is/was a vastly superior experience to playing others on a handheld/console, not to mention the ability for those sites to make more competitive rules and to form communities, on top of the thousand other reasons. If you put a Pokemon Stadium out on Wii U, I bet that the majority of the competitive community sticks with these sites for the exact same reasons.