By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Games you feel like deserves a revival?

Revival?

Metroid 59 22.96%

F-Zero 57 22.18%

Punch-Out 1 0.39%

Paper Mario RPG 28 10.89%

Duck Hunt/Ice Climber (co... 13 5.06%

Wario Land 3 1.17%

EarthBound/Mother series 27 10.51%

Advance War 17 6.61%

Golden Sun 32 12.45%

Other 20 7.78%

Total:257

What games do you think Nintendo should revive? Prerequisites is that there must be no new game for more than 5 years, and there must be no official signs of revival as of now.

Currently dormat/dead franchises I know of are...

-Metroid (Prime and 2D)

-F-Zero

-Punch-out

-Paper Mario RPG (In vein of 64 and TTYD)

-Duck Hunt

-Ice Climber

-Golden Sun

-Wario Land

-Mother/Earthbound series

-Advance War

-Other? There's some that I left out because I don't think too many people really care as well as no room for poll such as Mario Baseball, Pokemon Stadium, etc.

Do note that stuff like remasters and re-releases don't count, though I don't think it really applies much here.

I would personally love a Mother sequel in the vein of Mother 3, that would be instant day 1 purchase for me. What do you guys want?

Around the Network

I would say F-zero, Ice Climber, DUck hunt, golden sun, baten kaitos, even though its technically not Nintendo it has 2 games that only ever were on Nintendo consoles, advance wars and ofc mother. Im thinking of any other NES or SNES games. Also metroid is not dead, i know nintendo is working on a bigger metroid, it had a game 2010 and it will have a new game next year, like a spin-off

97alexk said:

I would say F-zero, Ice Climber, DUck hunt, golden sun, baten kaitos, even though its technically not Nintendo it has 2 games that only ever were on Nintendo consoles, advance wars and ofc mother. Im thinking of any other NES or SNES games. Also metroid is not dead, i know nintendo is working on a bigger metroid, it had a game 2010 and it will have a new game next year, like a spin-off

Last mainline Metroid game was 2007, and that kick-in-the-balls spinoff doesn't count as a Metroid game. Nintendo never outright said that they're developing it or they would've said something about it to calm down angry fans. If anything it sounds like Nintendo hasn't started developing Metroid at all, so that's why I put it as dormat. 

Nonlinear 3D Mario

Golden Sun YES.

But definitely the Earthbound series. They could do really interesting things with that franchise.

Not so much F-Zero. Whereas yes it is fun, Nintendo doesn't need another racing game right now out of all the genres.

Advance Wars? Nah. I'd much rather keep getting Fire Emblem games (assuming it is one or the other)

Metroid. Yes. We need Metroid now.

Ice Climbers? I think it could be a unique platformer... but I mean.... we already have a ton... we don't really need anymore right now.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network

Splatoon

Metroid needs a legitimate revival. Either a new 2D metroidvania adventure, or a 3D game like the Prime series. Paper Mario needs help too. The last good Paper Mario game was TTYD on the Gamecube. Admittedly, the bar was set really high with TTYD, but damn it, that's no excuse to turn out the subpar to poor experiences that were the Wii and 3DS games. Hopefully Paper Jam is good, but even then, it's a mix of M&L and Paper, so I doubt it will feel like a true Paper Mario adventure.

Kotastic said:
97alexk said:

Last mainline Metroid game was 2007, and that kick-in-the-balls spinoff doesn't count as a Metroid game. Nintendo never outright said that they're developing it or they would've said something about it to calm down angry fans. If anything it sounds like Nintendo hasn't started developing Metroid at all, so that's why I put it as dormat. 

i thought metroid other M was main storyline, either way it was a metroid game, the spin-off game is still a metroid spin-off game, some people may dislike it, i was dissapointed, i still think its not gonna be horrible, i need to see a bit more to say anything so soon

I'd love to see a revival of Metroid and F-Zero

97alexk said:
Kotastic said:

i thought metroid other M was main storyline, either way it was a metroid game, the spin-off game is still a metroid spin-off game, some people may dislike it, i was dissapointed, i still think its not gonna be horrible, i need to see a bit more to say anything so soon

Well, if people don't count Other M as a mainline Metroid game, then that makes it worse LOL.

A spin-off game =/= true Metroid experience. Otherwise I wouldn't be putting Paper Mario in the list but many people here would agree with me that there hasn't been a true Paper Mario sequel yet. Metroid clearly fits in this category, spinoff isn't gonna cut it.

Besides, there hasn't been a 2D Metroid either soo...