By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Experience 2015 is coming to San Francisco December 5th and 6th

DerNebel said:
kitler53 said:

"Sony announced that the company will not be holding a press conference at this year's Gamescom 2015 in August, with the proximity of E3 and Gamescom being so close this year urging Sony to move their major new title announcements at this year's Paris Games Week in October, instead." source

E3 -June 16

Gamescom - Aug 5

PGW - Oct 27

PSX - Dec 5

i lol'd

Yeah the whole "too close" excuse is really just something to tell the public, pretty sure the move to PGW is purely for tactical reasons, for one to be able to make a big announcement the day Halo 5 releases to overshadow that to a degree (price cut is what I'm thinking) and also to just be able to get as much good press during the holiday season as they can get.

It's a way to substitute for a lack of an exclusive lineup this holiday season that can really excite the masses, No Man's Sky might be the only game frm Sony that may able to do that, but only if it even manages to come out this year (btw. seriously, if neither NMS, Persona 5 nor Rime release this year, I'll flip my shit, lol).

completely agree here

isn't persona 5 already confirmed 2015 in america?  i thought it was only europe it was delayed for which is common for that franchise.  also, rime is "playable" and has a "master plan".  i've got my fingers crossed that could still mean holiday 2015.  NMS just has to release this year.  they've put soo much effort into marketing this summer to have it be a 2016 title.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
DerNebel said:

Yeah the whole "too close" excuse is really just something to tell the public, pretty sure the move to PGW is purely for tactical reasons, for one to be able to make a big announcement the day Halo 5 releases to overshadow that to a degree (price cut is what I'm thinking) and also to just be able to get as much good press during the holiday season as they can get.

It's a way to substitute for a lack of an exclusive lineup this holiday season that can really excite the masses, No Man's Sky might be the only game frm Sony that may able to do that, but only if it even manages to come out this year (btw. seriously, if neither NMS, Persona 5 nor Rime release this year, I'll flip my shit, lol).

completely agree here

isn't persona 5 already confirmed 2015 in america?  i thought it was only europe it was delayed for which is common for that franchise.  also, rime is "playable" and has a "master plan".  i've got my fingers crossed that could still mean holiday 2015.  NMS just has to release this year.  they've put soo much effort into marketing this summer to have it be a 2016 title.

Honestly, I believe a 2015 release when all those games have firm release dates.

I think God Of War IV and Morpheus will be the big things to show at PSX.

Ah yes.. I had forgotten I actually predicted the next Sucker Punch game would be revealed at this year's PSX, after the last one finished.
QD and Bend at PGW
Santa Monica and PD E3 2016 (PD might be PGW..we'll see)
Sony Japan and Level 5 should be earlier, at TGS

Nice, I loved last year. I watched it all the weekend.

Around the Network
Roronaa_chan said:

Sweet. But after TGS and PGW I doubt they'll not save further stuff for next E3 instead of showing/announcing there It'll probably be better for those there in SF than for us

Regardless, still 3 major Sony events left for this year.

I reckon more TLG footage will skip TGS and Paris so I'm definitely watching this cause it'll be there

You gotta think they'd save something big for their own dedicated show.

DerNebel said:
JustBeingReal said:

The obvious games to unveil could be Gran Turismo & God of War for PS4, along with Sony Bend's new IP and whatever Sucker Punch have been working on since Infamous Second Son shipped back in Feb 2014.

I firmly believe there has to be a new Sly Cooper game in development, as a tie in to the movie, so that could be announced at PSX too and footage could be shown.

The Getaway and Eight Days were never officially canceled, they were put on hold, which could easily mean they were moved over to PS4 around the same time that The Last Guardian was, so 2012. With TLG, Shenmue & FF7:R being alive and kicking it does seem very much like unless these games get officially canceled they're pretty likely still a thing.

A Q2 2016 (I think it'll be March) release date for Horizon: Zero Dawn seems highly likely, given Guerrilla's last 2 games both released only 9 months after they were announced and Bloodborne was a new IP, yet that also only took that long to release.

I think Uncharted 4 will be brought fordward to release in Feb, with new footage of the story and Multiplayer stuff too.

I think TLG will also get new footage and will potentially come out in May (purely an educated guess, based on Sony not having anything slated for then and the game already running really well on PS4 at E3).

I think PSX could be the best conference of the year and Sony will be coming with some very huge hitters.

Awww yeah, we are already starting with the unrealistic expectations aren't we? :P

What's so unrealistic about any of those things?

DrakeBros said:
I think God Of War IV and Morpheus will be the big things to show at PSX.

would be a great place to showcase it.  everyone says you have to actualy play the thing to "get it" and that it doesn't show well.   well, this is a conference just a few months before release that has thousands of actual gamers in attendance.  sounds like a fantastic venue to feature PM and get actual potential customers a chance to try it out.  if the thing is any good it should create a lot of social media buzz.

I'm considering going. Not sure if its worth it.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Three conferences for a company that has already fired all of its shots. Perhaps they can talk about Powers season 2?