By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Experience 2015 is coming to San Francisco December 5th and 6th

JustBeingReal said:
DerNebel said:

Awww yeah, we are already starting with the unrealistic expectations aren't we? :P

What's so unrealistic about any of those things?

Announcements of 4 new AAA first party exclusives, 1 AA, reintroduction of 2 games that have been gone for ages and nobody asked to come back, March announcement for Horizon, Uncharted 4 being pushed forward to February and TLG coming in May.

The whole post really.

One or two things you said could be happening, like GoW4 being announced but the whole thing put together is just highly unrealistic.

Around the Network
JustBeingReal said:
DerNebel said:

Awww yeah, we are already starting with the unrealistic expectations aren't we? :P

Too many new big announcements, Horizon is 100% late 2016 if not delayed until Q1/Q2 2017. Game didn't go into full development until Shadow Fall was finished and it's Guerrilla's biggest project by a longshot. Basically you're expecting a developer who's been doing nothing but making FPS games since 2004 to develop an RPG in 2,5 years.

Woo, all 3 2016 Vita releases will finally be unveiled!

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

DerNebel said:
JustBeingReal said:
DerNebel said:

Announcements of 4 new AAA first party exclusives, 1 AA, reintroduction of 2 games that have been gone for ages and nobody asked to come back, March announcement for Horizon, Uncharted 4 being pushed forward to February and TLG coming in May.

The whole post really.

One or two things you said could be happening, like GoW4 being announced but the whole thing put together is just highly unrealistic.

Where did I say all of the 1st party exclusives could happen in a single conference? I didn't, I was make a list of options that Sony could pick from, out of their potential library of games they could pick from.

Actually The Getaway and 8 Days are still requested, Sony just went quiet about them, TLG, FF7:R and Shenme are arguments for things being gone for ages, yet they're still happening.

Horizon's been in development for ages, longer than Bloodborne, with a bigger studio and Guerrilla's last 2 games were both announced only 9 months before they released, Horizon's had full, real time PS4 gameplay that's already running better than Bloodborne was behind closed doors at E3.

Uncharted 4 was initially intended to release in the Fall of this year, it's running like a releasable state game already, by Jan it'll probably be ready to ship.

TLG has been in development for over 3 years already, it's also running better than Bloodborne was behind closed doors.

Sony putting those games in a release window in the 1st half of 2016 makes sense, because they have pretty a free reign (save for a few 3rd party games) in that part of the year.

Unles you have some counter points really you're not supporting your point of view, just making blanket statements with no basis for them.

JustBeingReal said:

Where did I say all of the 1st party exclusives could happen in a single conference? I didn't, I was make a list of options that Sony could pick from, out of their potential library of games they could pick from.

Actually The Getaway and 8 Days are still requested, Sony just went quiet about them, TLG, FF7:R and Shenme are arguments for things being gone for ages, yet they're still happening.

Horizon's been in development for ages, longer than Bloodborne, with a bigger studio and Guerrilla's last 2 games were both announced only 9 months before they released, Horizon's had full, real time PS4 gameplay that's already running better than Bloodborne was behind closed doors at E3.

Uncharted 4 was initially intended to release in the Fall of this year, it's running like a releasable state game already, by Jan it'll probably be ready to ship.

TLG has been in development for over 3 years already, it's also running better than Bloodborne was behind closed doors.

Sony putting those games in a release window in the 1st half of 2016 makes sense, because they have pretty a free reign (save for a few 3rd party games) in that part of the year.

Unles you have some counter points really you're not supporting your point of view, just making blanket statements with no basis for them.

We also know there are at least 3 unrevealed/announced AAA titles, that are currently in a playable state.  Per Shuhei Yoshida's interview w/ GameOverGreggy at E3.  Quantic Dream, Sucker Punch and SSM, additionally, from the same interview, we know the Gravity Rush dev's next game is also in a playable state.

Around the Network
poklane said:
JustBeingReal said:
DerNebel said:

Too many new big announcements, Horizon is 100% late 2016 if not delayed until Q1/Q2 2017. Game didn't go into full development until Shadow Fall was finished and it's Guerrilla's biggest project by a longshot. Basically you're expecting a developer who's been doing nothing but making FPS games since 2004 to develop an RPG in 2,5 years.

Where did I say everything I stated were options were all going to happen at PSX?

Horizon makes sense as a March release, Guerrilla's last 2 games both came out only 9 months after they were announced, just like Bloodborne (another new IP), Horizon's already running better at E3 this year than Bloodborne was last E3, in behind closed doors gameplay.

Guerrilla have been working on Horizon since Killzone 3 shipped (2011), by Feb (shipping date) that would be about 5 years, it'll be 29 months with a team of over 200 people working on it.

Guerrilla aren't just an FPS team, they have staff from CD Projekt Red, the main narrative writer from Fallout New Vegas, Shadow of Mordor and End War working on that game, basically since Shadow Fall Shipped.

Key systems would have been developed by the prototyping team over 2 & a half years before the big team joined. The fact the game is already playable should tell you it's not that far from release. Guerrilla are amongst the most productive studios out there, there's literally nothing to support the point of view that this could be a Fall 2016 title, actually legit leakers that leaked correct details about the game prior to E3 stated that the original intention was for Horizon to be a Fall 2015 game, obviously things change.

Guerrilla waited to announce the game until it was close to a releasable state, the fact it's already running so well and that they showed gameplay like that, their history.

The fact this is already running better than Bloodborne was says a lot too.

I think we'll see Gran Turismo 7 revealed at PSX. I'm not expecting any big announcements at Paris Games Week.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

JustBeingReal said:
DerNebel said:

The whole post really.

1. You are not seriously trying to put the Getaway and Eight Days into the same category in terms of still being requested as TLG, FF7:R and Shenmue 3 were, right? That doesn't even begin to make any kind of sense. Both The Getaway and Eight Days were announced in 2005 and have since their disappearance become entirely irrelevant, the amount of people that still actually care about these games is miniscule at best. At best parts of these projects have been revamped and put into London Studios Heist Morpheus games.

2. Guerrilla Games is still avoiding to even straight up say that the game will make a 2016 release (they prefer using "we're aiming at 2016") and here you are putting it at march with no indication whatsoever, Amazon is putting it at Dec 31st (often an indicator for the release quarter) and the game isn't even up for digital pre order on the PS store. The game only went into full development after Shadow Fall released and Guerrilla has never made an RPG. Also it's a freaking demo that at this point only the devs are playing, those can always be tweaked to look good. The time between announcement and release of past Guerrilla games is also completely irrelevant, those things change constantly.

3. Uncharted 4: Again, it's a freaking demo that only the devs are playing, they showed one of those at last years PSX and it looked like it ran like a releasable game at that point as well. You can take absolutely nothing about the release date away from those.

4. TLG:...Again, demo, seriously it seems I'm just repeating myself here, but it's the same situation.

5. Since you love to use Bloodborne as an example let me tell you what the situation with Bloodborne was at the same point last year: The game was already playable for the public and the release window for early 2015 had already been confirmed, non of that has been the case for Horizon or TLG. Also From Software knows how to make these games as they are pretty much entirely focused on them at this point.

And last but not least, I checked this because I wasn't sure about it but you were the guy that prior to E3 was absolutely certain that GoW4 was going to be announced at the event and that it would release march 2016 and that turned out to be completely off the mark too(something people warned you about as well), so maybe you should take that lesson and not just dismiss it when people are telling you that you're setting yourself up for disappointment again.

well I broke down and bought the 2 day pass, especially since it's only $60 since it's still early, will be $75 later, I'm passing on the capcom cup though I'm not a fan of fighting games so that would mostly be a waste for me.

Wonktonodi said:
well I broke down and bought the 2 day pass, especially since it's only $60 since it's still early, will be $75 later, I'm passing on the capcom cup though I'm not a fan of fighting games so that would mostly be a waste for me.

Do something so that you stand out on video and we can recognize you, like a Chicken Hat

or something

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1