By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you consider gaming a part of you?

Well unfortunately gaming still has that sterotype as being something that socially awkward teenage boys do. Which they do! But plenty of other people do as well now.
Give it 20 years and that image will be gone as the generations change.

Around the Network
Slarvax said:

You're in some kind of meeting group. School, church, whatever... You have to introduce yourself with name, age, and something you do/like. Would you say you are a gamer or like to play video games? 

Yes I would, videogames have been a part of me since my childhood, it introduced me to my best friends, and still to this day is able to entertain me and bring my inner child every time, I cannot deny the impact that videogames have made into my life and continue to do so.

Also I'm pretty sure that I have said that in school, also that I'm an otaku

Wagram said:
They're all activities we're doing to pass the time before we die in my eyes.

That can be the motto of the industry.

spemanig said:

None of those men are dealing with a "negative stigma around games." They are dealing with a negative stigma around themselves. It has abosolutely 0% to do with video games or handhelds. Games don't lower your public appeal at all. Not one bit. If you lack appeal with games, you lack the same appeal without games. Games are nothing but a scapegoat for that stuff at this point.

It's like when people say "nice guys finish last." No, they don't. The guys who say that just happen to be undesirable. Being nice isn't suddenly going to change that. But no, it totally can't be because they're boring, unfunny, unconfident, un-put together, out of shape, etc. It's because they're "too nice" that they don't get the girls they want. Right.

@Bold Careful now when dealing with absolutes ... 

Games actually do lower your public appeal. Why else is the hobby mostly relegated to men and to the minority in the developed world who consume a significant amount of content ? 

BTW, nice guys do finish last ... 

fatslob-:O said:

BTW, nice guys do finish last ... 

And just like that, I'm proven correct. Nothing more to say.

Around the Network
spemanig said:

And just like that, I'm proven correct. Nothing more to say.

How so ? If anything I just refuted you ... 

It's the truth that nice guys finish last and the alpha males think so too ...

AbbathTheGrim said:

I am trying to make a lengthy reply against you but my hands are way too busy with your avatar and won't cooperate.

I can always send you the whole image. You know...for gaming reasons.