By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you consider gaming a part of you?

You're in some kind of meeting group. School, church, whatever... You have to introduce yourself with name, age, and something you do/like. Would you say you are a gamer or like to play video games? I thought about this today, while going through it. I didn't introduce myself (wasn't necessary), but I'm pretty sure I would've avoided gaming as a hobbie/something I like. I feel more comfortable saying "I like tennis" or "I play guitar", but I wouldn't dare to say (publicly) that I adore games. And it's not like I'm ashamed of it; my family and friends know and understand how much I love games...

Why do you think this happens? Is gaming still not mainstream enough, or am I just coward? What would you do in the same scenario?

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network

No, and I've been doing this before 99% of the users here were born lol. Gaming is just a past time. It's a hobby. Yes, I do it all the time and yes, I'm very passionate about it. But it's still just a hobby for me.

I mean, I do consider it a part of me, but if I had to name one thing I like in a situation like that, it definitely wouldn't be gaming. It's a hobby

But to clarify, it just because I have other things I'm more passionate about, like music. I wouldn't be afraid to mention gaming if I could mention like three things. Music, fashion, gaming.

Never said gaming anytime I've done an introduction like that.

Gaming is CURRENTLY a part of me so what exactly is the shame in admitting my hobby ?

I see guys in public carrying handhelds (which is already deemed uncool as it is) so why can't we do the same to embrace it like they do ?

Just to today I found one of my peers talking to me about games ...

Around the Network

*Checks Body* Nope, don't see any games being part of me :P

But I do say that I like gaming when the topic comes up. Like I don't really introduce myself as like "Hi, I am Jizz and I love naughty video games" but eventually, I do say I love playing games. I found out it to be a conversation starter too so I don't really have any issues with me saying I love playing games

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

spemanig said:
I mean, I do consider it a part of me, but if I had to name one thing I like in a situation like that, it definitely wouldn't be gaming. It's a hobby.

We just agreed on something. 

End of days confirmed.

Yeah. I mean, there are other things to me than just gaming, but I do consider it a fairly big part of my life and I'm not embarrassed by it.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

It is a hobby of mine and I love it so much, but I would be able to live without it.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

fatslob-:O said:

I see guys in public carrying handhelds (which is already deemed uncool as it is) 

No, it's not. Nobody cares. The only time it will ever cross someone's mind as being "uncool" is when an uncool person is using one. No one is judging the device. They're judging the person. I play a big Pikachu 3DS all the time, and not once have I even slightly thought I lost someone's respect or coolness points for using it. And I'm a very popular guy outside of this site.

If Robert Downey Jr. played a Vita on a bus, no one would think "that cool guy is using that uncool device." They'd think "that cool guy is playing a video game."

Meanwhile, if a nerd with crooked glasses and a baggy "gaming through the ages" t-shirt was playing the Vita on the bus, the judgement wouldn't be so nice, and it wouldn't be directed at the handheld. And he wouldn't look "cooler" if he was taking Instagram photos ot texting either.

Though my best friend gets annoyed when I bring it to dinner, so I've slowed down a bit. But that's more because I pay less attention to him and he thinks it's rude.