By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you consider gaming a part of you?

I fear people will think less of me for saying I like videogames so I rather not mention it and go straight into my Furries thing.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

Yes, I have mentioned while introducing me. No one has never made jokes or anything, in fact it's also some to talk about.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I'd be in denial if I said no. Video games had accompanied me so much throughout my life.
I just don't like how other people phrase/give an image of it though. :/

In a formal meeting especially with clients, no. People tend to judge you on this.

Meeting new friends and they ask about it, I'll tell them I play video games. And if they start nerdgasming on me, I'll do the same.

“Ore no... Kachi da!”

Some kids (mainly younger coworkers) try to shame me for liking Nintendo. I just tell them I've been playing video games before they were even born. If that doesn't work then I tell them to fuck off.

Around the Network

Of course. I love gaming, I love the fact that I can forget about my life for a bit and take an "interactive approach" to a fantasy world. I love being told awesome fantasy stories with well developed characters, I love watching cut-scenes, I love listening to the soundtracks. Some games I've played... They're so rich in artistry, others just showcase the incredible amounts of effort and polish that the developers put into it.

I'm not ashamed to say that I play videogames, I've never been judged for it either. And what's my career? Instrumental music, because I want to be a VIDEOGAME MUSIC COMPOSER. That's what I want to do, that's what I like... I guess it is pretty much part of my life.

AbbathTheGrim said:
I fear people will think less of me for saying I like videogames so I rather not mention it and go straight into my Furries thing.

You like furries? Pfff. You're terrible.

Wright said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

You like furries? Pfff. You're terrible.

I am trying to make a lengthy reply against you but my hands are way too busy with your avatar and won't cooperate.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

spemanig said:

I don't "wish it were true." It is true. I've never had a problem getting girls, and I've never been shy about my love of handhelds. Of course it doesn't "add to your appeal." Why would it? That would be like saying an ipad or a book "adds to your appeal." It's a literal non-factor. In "the real world," strangers don't care. I've met plenty of people who's first impression of me involved me playing a handheld. No one's first impression of me was "less cool" because I dress well, am in good shape, and make a good impression.

If someone thinks they're "losing appeal" because they're playing a 3DS in public, I guarantee you they never had any appeal to begin with.

Cool that you've never had a problem getting girls but that's not the case for a large portion of men out there who have to deal with a negative stigma surrounding games ...

Your right about having more than one factor when it comes to appeal but that doesn't make my point any less valid of games lowering your public appeal ...

AlfredoTurkey said:

No, and I've been doing this before 99% of the users here were born lol. Gaming is just a past time. It's a hobby. Yes, I do it all the time and yes, I'm very passionate about it. But it's still just a hobby for me.

I feel there is a contradiction here. If gaming is something you're VERY PASSIONATE about than maybe its more than just a hobby to you.

I wouldn't introduce myself as a gamer because it has the stigma of a nerdy, childish thing. However, anybody in my life knows gaming is a big fucking deal to me. I have logs tracking the games I own, the game I've completed, etc. I'm currently rushing through some games because I want to get them out of the way for upcoming holiday releases.

I absolutely consider gaming part of me, its more than just something I do to pass time. Its easy for me to say gaming is part of me because I am also passionate about it and its something I will probably never stop doing in my life. Just because its part of you doesn't mean its all you're about.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)