By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Dad lets daughter die, rather than be touched by 'strange' rescuer

mornelithe said:
contestgamer said:

That someone is his daughter, so it really shouldn't be anyone elses business, including the law, since it is his family's business. That familly is implicitly compliant with his culturally infoluenced behaviors based on their choice to associate with him.

Sorry, the one person whose opinion matters is HERS, and he took that from her.  As I said, you can cover for cave man mentalities, but I will not.

Again, regarding cave man mentalities please review your own thinking;

No, cave man mentality is actually what you're displaying - which is that anything that doesn't fit with your mental construct of right and wrong is by definition is wrong. The alternative is to not impose your constructs on to this family and let them make decisions for themselves, so long as they're not making decisions with the goal of imposing that culture on you.

Around the Network
contestgamer said:
mornelithe said:

Sorry, the one person whose opinion matters is HERS, and he took that from her.  As I said, you can cover for cave man mentalities, but I will not.

Again, regarding cave man mentalities please review your own thinking;

No, cave man mentality is actually what you're displaying - which is that anything that doesn't fit with your mental construct of right and wrong is by definition is wrong. The alternative is to not impose your constructs on to this family and let them make decisions for themselves, so long as they're not making decisions with the goal of imposing that culture on you.

Society choose right and wrong, and this is quite clearly wrong (seeing as how he was arrested).  Nice try though, regurgitating nothing, making no point, and basically showing everyone how little you know about...everything.

Ka-pi96 said:
contestgamer said:
Ka-pi96 said:

In some cultures they eat other people, so I guess we shouldn't outlaw that either right?

Oh and I think intentionally preventing people from saving someones life is already illegal, so it wouldn't even be outlawing anything since it's already outlawed...

That someone is his daughter, so it really shouldn't be anyone elses business, including the law, since it is his family's business. That familly is implicitly compliant with his culturally infoluenced behaviors based on their choice to associate with him.

I think the daughter, who at 20 is an adult and entitled to her own decisions, should take priority over whatever he thinks and considering she was screaming for help it's safe to assume she didn't agree with what her father was doing...

OK, you swayed me, I think you're probably right.

contestgamer said:
Dadrik said:

This. We should be okay with a father letting his daughter die, without even trying to rescue her himself, just because that's his culture ?

We should place culture above human lives ? Eff this.

It's his daughter, so it's not a case of him imposing his cultural beliefs on outsiders - his daughter, wife etc would be implicitly supporting his right to make these decisions by associating with him.

Yeah, I'm sure his daughter was thinking "Oh what a man of honor my father is, I completely support his decision" while her lungs were fillung up with water. Spoilers: it feels atrocious, trust me.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

Fuck that guy. I would of went after her anyways.

Around the Network

He let her die when she could have been saved. Sounds more like a murder to me.

sad story, the notion that female sexuality is some great gift that needs to be cherished and protected is understandable given how it is necessary for our survival but as this story shows it can be quite detrimental to both sexes in many situations

all of the outrage over lost life gets me though

we could hear on the news drone strikes are planned to target isis leaders, an action that will result in hundreds of innocent civilian deaths and there's not a peep, but word the loss of innocent human life a little differently and you get the outrage

It's such a terrible thought to think that we live in a world where people will let each other die for the most stubborn of reasons. I mean, who would let their own daughter without even realizing that beforehand?! May the daughter rest in peace, and may the dad just burn for all I care.

Charge the father with murder.

So - the obvious solution to this bullshit (besides, you know, not being a dickhead that puts his antiquated values over his daughters life) would be to have female life guards posted at all times along with the male ones. Problem is, the guy would probably have viewed them as dishonored themselves, for showing too much skin, showing their hair, doing a mans job or whatever bullshit.