By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Dad lets daughter die, rather than be touched by 'strange' rescuer

Burek said:

She was 20 and on vacation with her parents. She had no life anyway.

User moderated for this post -RavenXtra

Why was a joke moderated and then lead to a ban?

Around the Network
StarOcean said:
mornelithe said:

Makes perfect sense, really.  I mean, a hundred+ years ago it was perfectly fine to marry children and own slaves, now...oh wait.  Sorry, if anything, history has proven bad ideas get left to the history books.  And thankfully, religion is being pulled kicking and screaming into the future.  Sure, it takes time (Vatican apology to Galileo), but it does eventually happen.  Your study of history, isn't as solid as you seem to think.

It's really not as simple as that. All it takes is a war to go the other way to completely overhaul a mindset. And this isn't even just about morales either. This goes for beauty and so on. Homosexuality has come in and out of acceptance in many cultures, for example, and will more than likely fall in and out of favor for as long as humans have the urge to have sex. Of course I'm only here to play devil's advocate because these discussions are more entertaining than some other topics people have an... inkling towards XD

Yeah, up until the point where you cow out of a conversation you're taking a beating in, and play the weak 'devils advocate' card.  Which signals an end to the discussion, because I can waste my time clipping my toenails and still get more out of it.  What an absurd thing to do.

Ka-pi96 said:
DolPhanTendo said:

Why was a joke moderated and then lead to a ban?

It says so in the ban note. Basically people dying isn't really a good thing to be making jokes about.

I'm not arguing the ban, simply the bolded part, hopefully that's ok?  My take on that is, if people can't be serious about something, the only alternative is humor to something that's so completely unconscionable.  It's one of humors main purposes.

Hard to see how some people can go as far as letting someone die just for their beliefs. Such a shame

“The father was a tall and strong man. He told them that he prefers his daughter being dead than being touched by a strange man.”

How hard could it be for a "tall and strong man" to at least try to save his daughter himself if he didn't want her to be touched by a "strange man".

Around the Network
ChristianTheAtheist said:

“The father was a tall and strong man. He told them that he prefers his daughter being dead than being touched by a strange man.”

How hard could it be for a "tall and strong man" to at least try to save his daughter himself if he didn't want her to be touched by a "strange man".

Good point, sounds like pre-meditated murder, when viewed through that lens.

I vehemently disagree with that man's sense of "honor", but I won't subscribe to a "he wanted her to die" theory without further evidence, I think he simply couldn't swim (and hindered the people who were able and willing to help her .. so fucked up *sigh*)

According to my wife who knows a little bit about their religion is that by letting her drowned without being dishonored, she will be able to go to heaven.

Oh gosh, I hope he's sent to Jail for doing that. Why would such a conservative man even go to Dubai for a holiday? Saudi or Iran would have been a better destination for him.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Maybe he didn't know how to swim himself?

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1