By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Why has the DC Comic brand struggled in movies?

They seem more timid to embrace the fun of super heroes. I love Batman and he is awesome as The Dark Knight, but Flash or Green Lantern don't fit that tone. Marvel knows the sweet spot to hit that average non super hero fan can be entertained, which is why we somehow live in a world where Ant-Man and Rocket Raccoon got biog screen debuts before Wonder Woman.

I think Batman v Superman could be a turning point though.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
because their characters arent really interesting. there, i said it.

U wot m8

Robert Downey Jr...

He's Iron Man..

Can't say that about Ben Affleck, Cristian Bale, Micheal Keaton, Brandon Routh, Henry Cavill, Heath Ledger, Jared Leto... Now if it was a shared universe with a Christopher Reeves Superman DC would have been in a much better shape..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

bananaking21 said:

If you didn't, I would've.

If DCs cinematic films had the care and passion of their animated films, we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

Around the Network

God characters. DC has a lot of them, Marvel doesn't. DC biggest are god characters, Marvel's aren't.

This is why Suicide Squad looks like it might be a hit, beaten down criminals no more powerful than just a skilled version of you or me.

Hmm, pie.

V-r0cK said:
bananaking21 said:

If you didn't, I would've.

It would seem that way if you don't take the time to find out who the characters are and what their motivations are.

d21lewis said:
If DCs cinematic films had the care and passion of their animated films, we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

Haha, no truer words. Don't suppose you know if the animated films are writen by actual comic book writers do you? It helps I find.

Hmm, pie.

d21lewis said:

As The Fury told you, DC Animated films are awesome. I strongly recommend watching The Flashpoint Paradox, Justice League Doom and Justice League War if you haven't already.

There's also The dark Knight Returns, but I don't know if that's done by DC A.Films.

Wright said:
d21lewis said:

As The Fury told you, DC Animated films are awesome. I strongly recommend watching The Flashpoint Paradox, Justice League Doom and Justice League War if you haven't already.

There's also The dark Knight Returns, but I don't know if that's done by DC A.Films.

Oh, I'm speaking from experience!  I bought them all, ever since Death of Superman and every a few before that like Batman Beyond: Return of Joker.

Flashpoint and Red Hood are my favs.