By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony says it’s ‘very likely’ more remasters are coming

Pavolink said:
And I'm here bitching about all the Zelda remasters/remakes Nintendo did this gen, yet people seems happy about this practice. I guess I'm a weirdo.

It's kinda different, having great games like N64 Zelda era on the 3DS is just amazing, i actually forgot how much i liked Zelda before i started playing the remakes on the 3DS. Very few people still own their n64 or don't even have a TV that can play them, so it's handy.

TLOUR is a whole different story, it's great for people who played on their 360 and never bought a PS3.

Around the Network
Protendo said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Just to let you know...Sony is courting back a lot of gamers who had Playstations the generation previously before. 

Keep telling yourself that. I have seen quite a few X360 loyalists convert.

In order to convert you have to lack loyalty, genius. The main people who jumped ship from the PS2 to the Xbox 360 were third party early adopters and a lot of these same disloyal gamers jumped ship again. The market didnt expand with the xbox 360, but rather with the Wii. Outside of that it was fairly stable numbers between the PS3 and 360. 150 million plus gamers dont just dwindle to 85 plus out of thin air. The market didn't shrink from the PS2 to PS3 era, but rather expanded. This means the numbers were sustained ontop of Nintendo increasing the size of the market. This gen the market will shrink. 

binary solo said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Protendo said:

This is the result of Sony successfully courting the competitors audience. What's been there done that to us is now new to many. What they are doing is completely logical, especially when they use porting studios to do the work.

The more Sony is able to court other audiences from previous generations, the bigger the "remastered" audience becomes.

Just to let you know...Sony is courting back a lot of gamers who had Playstations the generation previously before. The same ones who have no loyalty. They just go with whichever had the multiplats and is trendier. Remember its almost like Sony's marketshare from the previous gen was split 50/50 between them and Microsoft once Microsoft went for their marketshare by courting third parties a year early. Sony had sold over 150 PS3's. Microsoft's numbers from the previous gen were astronomical compared to what they were used to. They literally share between them around the numbers of what the PS2 sold which is slightly over what the PS2 ultimately sold.

PS2+Xbox = PS3+360, or as close to it as makes no difference. Basically there was zero growth in the PS/Xbox market in the 7th gen, just a shuffling of the cards. It's looking likely that we'll get a similar thing this gen, though I'm picking a decline in the PS/Xbox market, partly because MS won't stick out this generation as long as they did the previous generation.

While people might point out that a large amount of PS2 sales came after the 7th gen started, the PS2 was only active in the market for about the same length of time as PS360, and PS360 had much more time in the market without any nexgen competition. I think this gen PS4bone might aggregate to 150 million, but I don't think it will do better than that, with PS4 being roughly 100 million of that total. So I think it will be the smallest PS/Xbox generation.

Sony is going to most likely make it to the sales mark of the PS1. Any generation where Sony starts off well they generally tend to dominate. If anyone is going to outdo last gen its Sony. Microsoft doesn't have the mindshare and a foothold in the world that Sony has just by uttering their name. 100 million consoles sold in a generation is where Sony began at the end of their first gen, so to will it be a rebuilding process to future dominance. 

Pavolink said:
And I'm here bitching about all the Zelda remasters/remakes Nintendo did this gen, yet people seems happy about this practice. I guess I'm a weirdo.

I told you that long time ago. :)

Also, Zelda WW HD is remaster of game from two gens ago, N64 remakes are games from 3 gens ago, so it pretty hard to find those console and games today and played them.

Gimme ps1 era title remade for the ps4 soony

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Around the Network
TheGoldenBoy said:
I'm perfectly fine with this as long as they're fairly priced. The GOW 3 remaster was definitely overpriced.

How is it overpriced? You get an upgraded version of a game for $40 which was originally $60.

Now Journey, that's certainly overpriced, with what is a staight port still costing the same as it originally did.

DrakeBros said:
TheGoldenBoy said:
I'm perfectly fine with this as long as they're fairly priced. The GOW 3 remaster was definitely overpriced.

How is it overpriced? You get an upgraded version of a game for $40 which was originally $60.

Now Journey, that's certainly overpriced, with what is a staight port still costing the same as it originally did.

Journey on PS4 is free for owners of the PS3 version.

Conina said:
DrakeBros said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

Journey on PS4 is free for owners of the PS3 version.

Ok didn't know that. That's something then.

DrakeBros said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

Well like Conina said Journey is cross-buy so if you had it on PS3, it's free for PS4 owners.

As for GOW 3 being overpriced, you can buy the PS3 version for less than $20.  Also, it is overpriced when compared to the other great remasters that have released or are going to (i.e. Master Chief Collection, Rare Replay & Nathan Drake Collection).

DrakeBros said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

Previous God of War remasters were 2 games for $40. Most PS2 to PS3 remasters had either 2 or 3 games for $40.

Uncharted collection is 3 games for $60. MCC was 5 games for $60 (assuming you received ODST free).

So GoW III Remaster for $40... that's fucking lame. If it was GoW III and Ascension, nobody would complain. That would be a good deal for $40.

I was disappointed Gears Ultimate was a single game for $40 bucks. But then we found out its practically a remake AND includes all the previous games via BC. Now that's how its done.

We're accustomed to 1st party remasters being fan service. GoW III Remaster is the epitome of a cash grab and maybe desperation from Sony to get something on the market quickly.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)