By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony says it’s ‘very likely’ more remasters are coming

Can't really blame them, they sell well so why not? A lot of people might bitch about it but as long as they keep selling Sony has no reason to stop making them.

Same goes for Microsoft/Nintendo, they remaster games because it's easy money and potentially introduces new fans to classic games they may not have played.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
Leadified said:
I honestly would love to see a Tokyo Jungle Remaster happen, that game deserves more attention.

One of my favorite DL games.

My brother and his fiancee played this game for dozens of hours.

zorg1000 said:
Can't really blame them, they sell well so why not? A lot of people might bitch about it but as long as they keep selling Sony has no reason to stop making them.

Same goes for Microsoft/Nintendo, they remaster games because it's easy money and potentially introduces new fans to classic games they may not have played.

This.

I don't see why anyone would consider remasters as a problem when they sell as well as they do. There's a demand for them, so why shouldn't they get made?

A lot of people want remasters of their favourite games. How many times has Twilight Princess or Paper Mario TTYD been brought up by Nintendo fans?
What about Halo and Gears? 

There is absolutely nothing bad with remasters. Especially in this age, where consoles have finally adopted an x86 architecture, which means the remastered games will be easily playable from this gen to the next through native backward compatibility, just like PC games. 

QUAKECore89 said:

Yeah, this thread.

RubberWhistleHistle said:
herzausstein said:

Would love to see a proper remake of Crash Bandicoot through the Wrath of Cortex, Spyro, Final Fantasy 1-IX (including Tactics), Legacy of Kain, Silent Hills, GodHand, Killer 7 (would look awesome on a ps4), Onimusha, Viewtiful Joe, Black (or do a reboot), Dark Cloud, and Metal Gear Solid.

you cant remaster those games. it has to be ps3 games because you can just port it on a ps4 disc and raise the resolution. these other games you mentioned would have to be reworked from the ground up. too much effort.

I'm pretty sure the only remasters that were just a resolution and frame rate bump were GOW III and Journey. TLOU:R also included texture and lighting changes as well as better AA and the DLC. The Nathan Drake Collection is getting similar upgrades and is even getting updated controls. aaaannnnddd...yeah, those are actually pretty much it for Sony remasters as far as I'm aware.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
DerNebel said:

We back at "Bloodborne and Souls games are niche" now?

I'm saying the vocal minority have hyped that game as something amazing. But to most us... its just another Darksouls. Its also pretty much the only thing people mention when boasting about PS4 exclusives of 2015. That tells me the other stuff ain't so great.

Even the mere mention that not all of us care about Bloodborne ruffles feathers like no other.

It's more the notion of acting as if a game only appealing to its fanbase is somehow unique to the Souls series that bugs people, or me at least.

To me and a lot of other people Halo is just another Halo, but I'm not going around acting as if the title somehow isn't important or doesn't have a significant fanbase and Bloodborne, again with Dark Souls 1 selling over 5 million copies, is just the same: an important game with a significant fanbase.

Aeolus451 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Quantity and reviews dont mean shit to me nor do they directly relect the games consumers want. PS4 exclusives arent selling particularly great in spite of user disparity.

The only observable fact is Sony's 1st party was bad this year. Even Sony fans admit it.

The only notable true exclusive PS4 had this year is Bloodborne but that doesent appeal to the masses. Thats primarily just something Darksouls fans have a red hot erection for.

There's a large variety of exclusives for gamers to choose from instead of a very small library. Sales tend to spread out more than in cases where there's little to play so everyone jumps on it when it's released.

For every 1 xbox one exclusive there's 2 ps4 exclusives to choose from. They have about the same tie ratio. 

The PS4 hardware is selling extremely well and because of that so is the software on there. 

PS4 has a wide number of exclusive and most have poor sales. The widely marketed PS4 exclusives are doing modest numbers as well because they underwhelmed.

You know what PS4 games are doing particularly well? The same ones on X1. :-p

PS4 has a much bigger userbase than X1, yet the exclusive software sales disparity isn't that big. That tells me Sony is doing something wrong.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Goodnightmoon said:

Watch the entire crow defending this money grab practice, (1)now suddlenly remakes are the best and not only an easy way to make money selling the same product with barely any effort put on it even (2)when your first party line up is underwhelming to say the least. (3)If this was happening on Xbo or WiiU instead of ps4, most of this people will be shitting about it, but when it happens on the mighty Ps4 then is awesome.

(4)Also is really good for the list wars, they can include those remasters against the others and say "it has morre and betterr games, metactritic says it" and bullshit like that, and yet they (5)don´t count that XBO and WiiU can play all the last gen games too, without paying again for them, but BC is bullshit, remasters however is wonderfull, and the doble moral, hilarious.

The lack of a feature has never been so profitable for a company.

(1) Who said it was the best? I personally don't care for 'em unless the games being reamastered are from beyond the previous gen. (2) It's better than the wii u's line up. Of course, that's just my preference in games and yours as well. (3) Last time I checked, all 3 make remasters. Also, the only times I see someone talking about which side has remakes or not having remakes and how awesome/bad it is are people like you.

(4) Actually, several users have broken down the lists so that anyone can understand it (and probably ignore it). The lists weren't fluffed up by remasters. The lists are even broken down by type of exclusives. (5) This ties into 4 because we're not using remasters to fluff up the numbers. The xbox one does not have full BC and it can't play even the majority of 360 games. Also, BC does not make an old game current gen because it's still the same old game. BC has nothing to do with thread.

Mr Puggsly said:
Aeolus451 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Quantity and reviews dont mean shit to me nor do they directly relect the games consumers want. PS4 exclusives arent selling particularly great in spite of user disparity.

The only observable fact is Sony's 1st party was bad this year. Even Sony fans admit it.

The only notable true exclusive PS4 had this year is Bloodborne but that doesent appeal to the masses. Thats primarily just something Darksouls fans have a red hot erection for.

There's a large variety of exclusives for gamers to choose from instead of a very small library. Sales tend to spread out more than in cases where there's little to play so everyone jumps on it when it's released.

For every 1 xbox one exclusive there's 2 ps4 exclusives to choose from. They have about the same tie ratio. 

The PS4 hardware is selling extremely well and because of that so is the software on there. 

PS4 has a wide number of exclusive and most have poor sales. The widely marketed PS4 exclusives are doing modest numbers as well because they underwhelmed.

You know what PS4 games are doing particularly well? The same ones on X1. :-p

PS4 has a much bigger userbase than X1, yet the exclusive software sales disparity isn't that big. That tells me Sony is doing something wrong.

Since you didn't get my post, please reread it. Otherwise, I'm not gonna bother with you. It's like trying to explain what color is to a person who's been blind their whole life.

Mass Effect or gtfo