By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony says it’s ‘very likely’ more remasters are coming

“We know that there are lots of PS4 owners that have either never played games before or used to have an Xbox or a Nintendo who have never had the chance to play something like the Uncharted trilogy,” he said. “But it has to be a great game if we’re going to go to the trouble of remastering. I can’t talk specifically, but I think that it’s very likely that there’ll be more.” The fact of the matter is that when you take into account the games that have already gotten a remaster, there aren’t a ton out there that would still warrant this treatment. Hopefully that means the process will slow down, not speed up.

Around the Network

People are going to bitch about it, but i dont see what is wrong with this remaster/remake movement.

Sony is still on top of the exclusive department in quantity and quality (fact), so its not like they are abandoning one thing for the other.

At the end of the day people will vote with their wallets, if the games keep selling well they will keep pushing them.

Having more options is not bad, buying these games is not mandatory.

More games? Those bastards.

remaster generation

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

PS3.5 Ultra HD, remasters are not bad as long as they don't delay their exclusives... oh wait!

Around the Network

I honestly would love to see a Tokyo Jungle Remaster happen, that game deserves more attention.

As long as there are a ton of new games getting released, I don't mind all the remasters.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Good more remasters that means this Generation will last longer than expected

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

I don't know if they are specifically talking about 1st party or 7th gen games in general.
We already know Quantic Dream games are coming, looking forward to those.
And I have nothing against them at all: on PS4 I already replayed Sleeping Dogs, Tomb Raider, GTA V, Borderlands 2, Metro, and had the first cracks at TLOU (sort of), Borderlands PreSequel and Journey.

Will certainly get Uncharted NDC, and would love to get a 7th gen Tomb Raider and Resident Evil collections (both not likely).

Game is a game, if you haven't played it it's great to have a chance to do so. I support all remasters.
(then of course there's Prototype, those people should just be ashamed of themselves)

Siren Trillogy and Demon Souls please