By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBOX Europe boss - "We have a killer game for every region in Europe"

How is it humanly possible for someone to translate this into arrogance?

Yes they have a good lineup for everyone and I'm sure Xbox one will sell more units but regaining marketshare... that's reaching it. Here in Finland for example, consoles are generally referred as Playstation.

Around the Network

He don't get many friends by using the word "soccer" in Europe.

Don't copy random editorials.

drdante said:
DerNebel said:
Oh, geez Microsoft

Well you're European. Is that true what he said about EU preferences in gaming?

I can't talk about all European markets, but yeah we Germans are definitely big on football and strategy games, racing and FPS as well I'd say.

But we're also very big on PlayStation where most of the Fifa fanbase already is and the extra stuff that Xbox is offering for Fifa isn't going to make people change platforms. As for strategy games, I don't know what MS claims to have on that front this year, but strategy games are synonymous with PC gaming and especially in a market like Germany where PC gaming is as strong as it is, you won't find (many) people buying consoles to play strategy games, most people would probably laugh in your face at that suggestion.

FPS' are mostly big on PC, Halo isn't exactly a household name so to speak and when it comes to racing there's also a lot of stuff more popular than Forza.

Italy is about "social games"? Ok for football (and not "soccer". At least he could use the right word if he wants to sell in here), but what the heck are these social games?

Oh, and btw.. I just checked the Amazon best sellers in Italy.

FIFA PS4 #4.
FIFA X360 #9
FIFA PS3 #13
FIFA XB1 #40

In Germany PES PS4 is #3 and FIFA PS4 is #4. Yeah, good luck with that.

PS: Oh I see it only now. FIFA PS4 Deluxe edition is #2..

He added: “I have a genre triple-A killer title for every market in Europe. Northern Europe tends to be shooter and racing territories, in mid-Europe you tend to have fans of football and strategy games, and if you go to the South it is all about social games and soccer. If you look at what we are offering with FIFA, if you look at our first-party shooters and racing games, plus our strategy titles, we have it covered.”

So I guess that means they are going with the classic xbox "dudebro" strategy. I'm pretty sure that hasn't worked as of yet. Well, I guess it doesn't hurt to try.

Around the Network
pbroy said:
You had me at BC and DVR!!! 💘 💓 😍

You're American, your opinion doesn't count in this thread. :p

DerNebel said:

FPS' are mostly big on PC, Halo isn't exactly a household name so to speak and when it comes to racing there's also a lot of stuff more popular than Forza.

I've played alot of every Gears of War title on 360 and if my memory serves me right, there was a significant number of German people playing it online. Any excitement for Gears UT on xbox one over there these days?

Michelasso said:
pbroy said:
You had me at BC and DVR!!! 💘 💓 😍

You're American, your opinion doesn't count in this thread. :p

💔

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
KiigelHeart said:
DerNebel said:

I've played alot of every Gears of War title on 360 and if my memory serves me right, there was a significant number of German people playing it online. Any excitement for Gears UT on xbox one over there these days?

Yeah that must have been a coincidence, Gears 1 & 2 are banned in Germany, Gears Ultimate as well.

DerNebel said:

Oh, geez Microsoft seriously just stop, nobody outside of the UK wants your console in Europe and your usual stuff plus timed Tomb Raider is not going to change that.

This!