By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBOX Europe boss - "We have a killer game for every region in Europe"

MS and Nintendo have something in common - They do not change.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
KiigelHeart said:
DerNebel said:

FPS' are mostly big on PC, Halo isn't exactly a household name so to speak and when it comes to racing there's also a lot of stuff more popular than Forza.

I've played alot of every Gears of War title on 360 and if my memory serves me right, there was a significant number of German people playing it online. Any excitement for Gears UT on xbox one over there these days?

Yeah that must have been a coincidence, Gears 1 & 2 are banned in Germany, Gears Ultimate as well.

Wow either it was Gears 3 then or I'm full of ****. So no UE players from Germany, that sucks. Really have to wonder why ban it, makes no sense..

UK is Xbox land so Will sell well in UK but ps4 is beasting in UK too. Rest of Europe is PlayStation.

Nogamez said:
UK is Xbox land so Will sell well in UK but ps4 is beasting in UK too. Rest of Europe is PlayStation.

Except X1 is more expensive in the UK, maybe MS has given up.

Nogamez said:

PS4 outselling XB1 in UK almost every month since launch

Around the Network
KiigelHeart said:
DerNebel said:

Yeah that must have been a coincidence, Gears 1 & 2 are banned in Germany, Gears Ultimate as well.

Wow either it was Gears 3 then or I'm full of ****. So no UE players from Germany, that sucks. Really have to wonder why ban it, makes no sense..

Well you can still get it, after all the console is region free, so there will be some players from Germany. And it was banned because of the violence, but honestly that whole censorship thing here in Germany seems completely arbritrary and based on how well you sell the whole thing to the USK anyway. I mean is Gears 3 less violent than the other 2? I don't think so but that got an uncut and uncensored release. TLOUs gory singleplayer was fine for Germany, but the gore in the multiplayer had to censored. The Order 1886 released in uncensored form but Dying Light and Dead Rising 3 got banned.

Overall Sony seem to be pretty good at getting most of their games come to Germany without censorship.

For a second there I thought they'd be making a specific AAA game for each Europe region, to suit their taste. But no, they're just claiming that they'll win over with what they have already shown.

It wouldn't have mattered much, anyway, because Spain would be stuck with a football game. So meh anyway.

He should have been in the presidential debate last night. All those words and yet he really said nothing. He's a good PR person if you're susceptible to PR speak.

I am so happy to get stereotyped by Microsoft based on my geographic location.
I guess I need to start playing more social games then, I don't want to let my region down.

Awaiting for MS reasearch on how Catholics prefer Gears of War, while Eastern Orthodox are all in for Crackdown 3 cloud destruction. And I think that Quantum Break is more of a Protestant thing, after all it's made in Sweden. Therefore also more popular among blonde population.

If my memory serves right, European taste aren't that different from the America market especially UK, just add football and racing games to the equation, at least for console gaming.  By the way, I don't see much that will really help him gain some serious marketshare aside from UK.  Halo isn't that popular in Europe, fifa is more popular on playstation even with marketing deal and there are more popular racing franchise than forza.