By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mighty No. 9 delayed to Q1 2016

Landguy said:

This might be the best comment yet!

Lmao, I'm dead. It's not about facts but passion and real emotion.

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198

Around the Network
potato_hamster said:
You guys are hilarious. Everyone complaining and complaining and complaining about delays, as if it doesn't happen with pretty much every single game that isn't an annual release at least once before they even announce a date. These guys didn't have that option. They needed an ETA for the kickstarter. But, most of you will then turn around and look at a game that clearly could have used more polish and then say things like "why do they keep publishing unfinished games?"

It's because of people just like you! Because of how pissed off people like you get when developers push a release date back. Would you rather an unfinished game on time or a finished game that's delayed? Many games face this very choice.

This.

I do find the double standards here hiilarious. If a major publisher was backing this game, a delay or two or three would be fine. When YOU back a game and even if it's just a tiny fraction of the game's budget, then a release date has to be set in stone. It can't be changed. And keepin mind that you guys aren't even expecting to get money out of this. You're expecting an actual game whereas publishers expect an actual return on their investment. Then that's the other thing. Unfinished games are unacceptable but so are delayed games? And before anyone justifies their arguments by saying that "this is just a 2-D platformer, it shouldn't take that long", keep in mind that more than 20 years ago, Shigeru Miyamoto and Yuji Naka took forever to get their 2-D platformers out because they felt the need to deliver the best game you could.

So if you're someone who's backing a game expecting to get exactly what you want and when you want it without any unexpected changes or compromises, then maybe crowdfunding isn't for you.

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

When the fuck are we getting our rewards for backing this?!

Maybe they ddn't want to release the game when Megaman Legacy Collection releases in august. If released in August; that game would compete with Megaman LC.

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Mystro-Sama said:

Damn, I forgot about that one. Why is he trying to do so much?

Have you heard the saying... "Don't put all your eggs in one basket"? If you are only working in 1 project at the time and it flops, is game over, you will be broken. Is true that he is not growing in a smart way, but the principle applies here. He should be working on 2 games at the same time, something smaller supported by kickstarter (like Mighty No 9) and something bigger supported by a publisher like Re-core, when 1 of those products hit the market then you try to get support for a similar one and so on...

Around the Network

Don't work on 3 games at the same time...

They can take their time, I'm not very hyped for it (although I do want to play something mega man-ish... ZX it is!).

I ain't backing anything any time soon though, I honestly feel it would be wasted money.

flagstaad said:
Mystro-Sama said:

Damn, I forgot about that one. Why is he trying to do so much?

Have you heard the saying... "Don't put all your eggs in one basket"? If you are only working in 1 project at the time and it flops, is game over, you will be broken. Is true that he is not growing in a smart way, but the principle applies here. He should be working on 2 games at the same time, something smaller supported by kickstarter (like Mighty No 9) and something bigger supported by a publisher like Re-core, when 1 of those products hit the market then you try to get support for a similar one and so on...

I get what you're saying but I assume it must be quite challenging working on 2 projects at the same time let alone 3. And at the same time hes using crowdfunding to fund 2 of those projects. People will obviously lose patience if he doesn't show results. I've seen many pissed off Mighty no.9 backers at the delay.

For fuck's sake... I just want to play that game already!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---