By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mighty No. 9 delayed to Q1 2016

potato_hamster said:
You guys are hilarious. Everyone complaining and complaining and complaining about delays, as if it doesn't happen with pretty much every single game that isn't an annual release at least once before they even announce a date. These guys didn't have that option. They needed an ETA for the kickstarter. But, most of you will then turn around and look at a game that clearly could have used more polish and then say things like "why do they keep publishing unfinished games?"

It's because of people just like you! Because of how pissed off people like you get when developers push a release date back. Would you rather an unfinished game on time or a finished game that's delayed? Many games face this very choice.

sorry but a platformer in the vain of Mega Man doesn't really need an online mode. they could simply release it in the Fall like they stated (in fact that was already mega delayed!) and then later release patches to help the online mode

it would be one thing if the majority of the 'fans' of this sort of game cared about online but they clearly don't

Around the Network

Not exactly confident that that feature is worth delaying the game for. >_>

Mystro-Sama said:
So why the fuck did he start another project then? Kickstarter really needs to be monitored.

Have you ever heard of something called the "Mythical Man Month"? Essentially it's a concept that shows that throwing more people on a project, especailly late in its development actually delays the project further. Applied here, it means that the team he has working on this other game could not make Mighty No. 9 come out faster. Inafune's work is already done on Mighty No. 9 besides signing off on things, which leaves him and his other team with a whole bunch of spare time. What would you suggest they do?

mountaindewslave said:

sorry but a platformer in the vain of Mega Man doesn't really need an online mode. they could simply release it in the Fall like they stated (in fact that was already mega delayed!) and then later release patches to help the online mode

it would be one thing if the majority of the 'fans' of this sort of game cared about online but they clearly don't

While I do agree about a Mega Man game not needing an online mode, I strongly disagree with the other statement. No, please, if the game was designed to have an online component of some sort from the get-go (which is the case, if I am not mistaken), let's not push the "release the unfinished game now and add everything else on later patchs" thing. It's bad enough that The Phantom Pain, for example, is releasing without the online component, even though it has been mentioned a lot. Or like GTA V online mode, which took months to be implemented and was an unpolished mess at first.

No, if they want more time to release the complete game, let them have it.

this is such a BS. wasnt megaman 7 made in 3 months or so? get to work lazy fuckhead, and dont ask for more money

Warned - Leadified

Around the Network
potato_hamster said:
You guys are hilarious. Everyone complaining and complaining and complaining about delays, as if it doesn't happen with pretty much every single game that isn't an annual release at least once before they even announce a date. These guys didn't have that option. They needed an ETA for the kickstarter. But, most of you will then turn around and look at a game that clearly could have used more polish and then say things like "why do they keep publishing unfinished games?"

It's because of people just like you! Because of how pissed off people like you get when developers push a release date back. Would you rather an unfinished game on time or a finished game that's delayed? Many games face this very choice.

I obviously prefer a finished game, but it's unfair to criticise gamers because they are pissed off. Devs should stop assuming that their games will release in X date and wait until they are sure.

No huge problem for me, I prefer it to be delayed and add an extra coat of polish that just rush it to market, I am sure they could had release it just at the end of october or november, but then it is a small title and it cannot compete with big names like Assassin's Creed, Halo, Star Fox, and so on, so it makes more sense to move it to Q1 2016.

Volterra_90 said:
potato_hamster said:

I obviously prefer a finished game, but it's unfair to criticise gamers because they are pissed off. Devs should stop assuming that their games will release in X date and wait until they are sure.

They had to have an ETA for the kickstarter. Their hands were tied.

Mystro-Sama said:
So why the fuck did he start another project then? Kickstarter really needs to be monitored.

Inafune has had a lead director/producer role in multiple games at once for most of his career. During the SNES era he had two different MM franchises he was working with and theoretically during the 5th gen he could have been working on three. He himself hasn't put much work into games in years, his name is just attached to most of it. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Even if I might be repeating myself here: ReCore Spring 2016? Yeah, right...