Which is gonna to sell more?

Wii 41 36.94%

PS4 and XB1 combined 70 63.06%

Total:111
Conina said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
Conina said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Historical, PS3 has sold for the firsts 6 month of 2008 more than double of the firsts 6 month of 2007...

... with the help of big price cuts in the second half of 2007 and the release of the highly acclaimed bestsellers GTA 4 (MetaScore 98) and MGS 4 (MetaScore 94).

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/7102/grand-theft-auto-iv/USA/

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/6970/metal-gear-solid-4-guns-of-the-patriots/USA/

And the PS4 got Batman with the massive bundle, Mortal Kombat, The Withcer, and BloodBorne+The Order.

Pricedrop in 2007? this is 2008.....

We are talking about the PS3 improvement in the first half year 2008 compared to PS3 in the first half year 2008, not compared to PS4!

And the pricecuts of second half 2007 were not temporary, the PS3 was much cheaper in in the first half year 2008 than in the first half of 2007.

My bad, i thought you was talking about why PS3 was selling better than the PS4. Anywhay, that's off tupic, we can discute in my or your profile if you want.

Around the Network

most of these wii sales were bought by casual gamers, there is really no point comparing

Ruler said:
most of these wii sales were bought by casual gamers, there is really no point comparing

No matter what was company market strategy, as long as they successful with their business then they are winner

NNID : ShenlongDK
PSN : DarkLong213
shenlong213 said:
Ruler said:

No matter what was company market strategy, as long as they successful with their business then they are winner

yeah but nintendo wasnt successfull with this strategy at the end

Ryng_Tolu said:

My bad, i thought you was talking about why PS3 was selling better than the PS4. Anywhay, that's off tupic, we can discute in my or your profile if you want.

Well, that "more than double of PS3-sales in the first half of 2008 compared to the first half of 2007" demands a bit of context IMHO.

And that context is the price cut and the different software situation of these two time frames. Early 2007 the PS3 was very expensive and was still suffering from software drought; one year later that software drought was blown away by the strong holiday 2007 titles (Modern Warfare, Rock Band, R&C: Tools of Destruction, The Orange Box, Uncharted, Unreal Tournament 3, Skate, DiRT, Guitar Hero 3, Assassin's Creed, Heavenly Sword,...) plus a strong first half 2008 (GTA 4, MGS 4, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, Burnout Paradise, Devil May Cry 4, GRID, SingStar, Condemned 2...)

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:
Teeqoz said:
Yadda yadda, we know the Wii was a beast in its first three years, but its problem was that it dropped like a rock after that, so any comparisons this early in on will give an edge to the Wii. However I think PS4+XBO will do more in nov+dec than the Wii did, and might be ahead for the year too.

The thread is about Second year VS second year, not lifetime, of course XB1+PS4 will sell more than 42 million.

That said, i agreed with Nov+Dec, for the year i believe One will sell 4.8 million and PS4 5 million, so, a total of around 9.8 million or so.

And remember, there is no way for believe that even PS4 or XBO can't dropped like a rock...

You better believe that no console will drop like a rock like the Wii did - not even the WiiU.

PS4+XBOne will definitely have a better holiday, while Wii will probably do better for pretty much the rest of the time. I feel the holiday sales will slightly put the PS4+XBOne above the Wii though.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

Sure, but what has the Wii done for me lately?

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Lawlight said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

The thread is about Second year VS second year, not lifetime, of course XB1+PS4 will sell more than 42 million.

That said, i agreed with Nov+Dec, for the year i believe One will sell 4.8 million and PS4 5 million, so, a total of around 9.8 million or so.

And remember, there is no way for believe that even PS4 or XBO can't dropped like a rock...

You better believe that no console will drop like a rock like the Wii did - not even the WiiU.

Never said i think will happen. Not at the Wii level...

Porcupine_I said:
Sure, but what has the Wii done for me lately?

It saved you money by not having new must-have titles since 2012, your wallet thanks the Wii.