By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda release date pinned as "TBD" instead of 2016

When will it launch?

1st Half 2016 15 9.55%

2nd Half 2016 96 61.15%

2017 and beyond 24 15.29%

NEVER 22 14.01%

Total:157

Holiday 2016 Wii U only

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:

The problem with Nintendo fans is damn if you do and damn if you don't.

No Nintendo fan wants Nintendo to go 3rd party yet releasing Zelda on Wii U may just accomplish that if NX doesn't take of in sales.

They can't grasp the concept that a better launch for NX means a better future for Nintendo.

Wii U already has enough games to justify your purchase. Releasing a zelda game on a dead system is kind of pointless as it won't achieve anything for Nintendo.

Nintendo committed to support the Wii U like all their other consoles, which had their own Zelda exclusive. If they didn't want to release a Zelda exclusive (no Hyrule Warriors doesn't count) on the Wii U they should never have supported it. Not having a Metroid or Pokken or an Animal Crossing is excusable, but not a Zelda.

If Nintendo wants a Zelda near launch they can port Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword which could really use HD. Nintendo needs a good product more than a big game on launch. If their next console is DOA, no game will save it.

Someone is going to be mad if Zelda U doesn't come out next year!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Cobretti2 said:
gogo-mastermime said:

calling wii u a dead system, saying it would be right to not release zelda on it... so many crazy things on your post.

I stated a fact. It is a commercial failure for Nintendo. I am talking from a Company point of view not the few core Nintendo fans who bought it. NIntendo needs to  at least 5x its console sales to be more viable for the shareholders and to give it any chance of getting 3rd party support or riskmore droughts next gen. 

From a company point of view releasing Zelda as an exclusive launch game on their next home console is a smart move, as it will be a system seller. If they release it n Wii U than their next console won't sell as it has nothing that people NEED a new system for.

How the f... do you know that.. :)

First.. Zelda is not the perfect launch game "from a Company (nintendo) point of view".. games like Wiisport is.. (some fun.. never seen before)

But thats was not my point.. My point is this.. Do you think next Nintendo home konsol will be just a WiiU with better graphic.. or a "normal" konsol like Ps4..?

Offcourse not.. It will have a new "gimmick"..  Mayby some kind of VR.. Projektor.. brainwaves or whatever.. we don't know yet.. but it will for sure have some.. and you should know that (just to mention the last 4 consoles from Nintendo.. DS=touch Wii=motion 3DS=glasses free 3D WiiU=second screen)

So we have to see WHAT.. it is we have to buy a new Nintendo console for.. and i bet 100% it not a crossgen zelda game (only if it's in VR.. :)

Onntopic: I do think we will see zelda U on other platforms (handheld or home) but WiiU version will come atleast one year before..