By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda release date pinned as "TBD" instead of 2016

When will it launch?

1st Half 2016 15 9.55%

2nd Half 2016 96 61.15%

2017 and beyond 24 15.29%

NEVER 22 14.01%

Total:157
Magnus said:
The only Nintendo console without an exclusive Zelda release so far is the Virtual Boy. If Nintendo didn't want to commit to releasing an exclusive Zelda on the Wii U they should have dumped it like the Virtual Boy and give a refund to everyone who bought it, which was the best option financially. If they wanted to satisfy Wii U owners, they should release Zelda U exclusively and not remaster it until the NX successor comes out.
But it seems they will crap on Wii U owners instead.

That is the worst option financailly,  if you are going to spend millions or even billions on R&D for a console, you should try to make as much money as possible for it. If they refunded it, they would have made insane losses. Also the Virtual Boy failed to sell 1 million while the WIi U sold 10 Million so far. Its not a great success but it is NOT a failure, or at least not a large enough one that they need to refund it. Yes the Wii U's lifetime was cut short, but I think it has still gotten some  amazing games, and it still has at least one year to go.

Around the Network

Holiday 2016

"When will it launch?"

The day Nintendos NX launches, they will launch 2 versions of the game,
one for the NX console, and one for the Wii U.

This means 2nd half of 2016.

It's not a Wii U game anymore guys, give it up.

It's not because its possible it will come out in 2017 and beyond, its because its not 100% confirmed its not coming in 2015. I'm 99.99% sure it won't come this year, and I'm sure they are too, but just in case.

bet: lost

Around the Network

It'll be cancelled lel

It would be kind of pointless to put this game on the Wii U. It needs to be their NX gen system seller. What would releasing it on the Wii U accomplish? It would only give hardcore Nintendo fans a reason to delay upgrading, which is the last thing Nintendo wants.

I'll say again what I said before the Wii U was released: they have to come out strong if they want to win any mind-share away from the flood of games that release on Playstation and Xbox systems. They have to launch a Pearl Harbor and attack with all they have, even if it means a drought in their second year. Securing consumer confidence right away is vital.

Current Wii U owners, please understand.

If Zelda Wii U really is canned then NX better have the following within the first two years for their longtime Nintendo fans:

1. Metroid Prime
2. 3D Mario (not isometric 3D World)
3. An amazing Mario Kart 9 or 8 remaster
4. An amazing Smash Bro remaster
5. Splatoon 2 without the staggered dlc option for friend matches or private lobbies

If not, these fans will lose faith in Nintendo home consoles and will simply never buy their console within its first two years or jump ship.

Thank goodness Xenoblade X is still here.

Lol, some people seriously believe a mainline Zelda game will be cancelled ? Even after we saw the games two times ?

It will be out in 2016.

Zelda has only ever been TBA in an official context since its delay.

Where has Nintendo ever printed it as 2016?