By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2015: Denver Broncos win Super Bowl 50

Who will win Super Bowl 50?

Patriots 116 25.00%

Seahawks 41 8.84%

Colts 7 1.51%

Packers 42 9.05%

Broncos 85 18.32%

Ravens 8 1.72%

Cowboys 18 3.88%

Panthers 56 12.07%

Other 74 15.95%

Scoreboard 17 3.66%

Total:464

- #1 #2 #3 #4
AFC East Patriots Bills Miami Jets
AFC North Ravens Bengals Steelers Browns
AFC South Colts Texans Jaguars Titans
AFC West Broncos Chiefs Chargers Raiders
NFC East Eagles Cowboys Giants Redskins
NFC North Packers Lions Bears Vikings
NFC South Saints Panthers Falcons Buccaneers
NFC West Seahawks Cardinals Rams  49ers
#1 Draft Pick Redskins - - -
AFC Playoffs #1-4 Broncos Colts Patriots Ravens
AFC Playoffs #5-6 Chiefs Bengals - -
NFC Playoffs #1-4 Seahawks Eagles Packers Saints
NFC Playoffs #5-6 Cowboys Cardinals - -
AFC Divisional Broncos Colts Patriots Ravens
NFC Divisional Seahawks Eagles Packers Cowboys
AFC Championship Patriots Ravens - -
NFC Championship Seahawks  Packers - -
Super Bowl Teams Seahawks Ravens - -
Super Bowl Winner Seahawks - - -

This has to be better than my preseason predictions from last year.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

- #1 #2 #3 #4
AFC East Miami Pats Bills Jets
AFC North Steelers Ravens Bengals Browns
AFC South Colts Texans Titans Jaguars
AFC West Chiefs Chargers Broncos Raiders
NFC East Cowboys Giants Eagels Redskins
NFC North Packers Vikings Bears Lions
NFC South Falcons Saints Patnters Bucs
NFC West Cardinals Seahawks Rams 49ers
#1 Draft Pick Jets - - -
AFC Playoffs #1-4 Colts Chiefs Steelers Miami
AFC Playoffs #5-6 Pats Texans - -
NFC Playoffs #1-4 Packers Cardinals Cowboys Falcons
NFC Playoffs #5-6 Seahawks Giants - -
AFC Divisional Colts Chiefs Steelers Pats
NFC Divisional Packers Cardinals Cowbyos Seahawks
AFC Championship Colts Steelers - -
NFC Championship Cowboys Packers - -
Super Bowl Teams Cowboys Steelers - -
Super Bowl Winner Cowboys - - -

this is my cowboys, fanboy upset prediction.
don't take it tooooo serious

gergroy said:

Ok, I guess I will do the bracket again, but I am out as far as the league.  Also, how does the number 1 draft pick work?  

- #1 #2 #3 #4
AFC East Jets Dolphins Patriots Bills

The...uh...Jets?

Welp, best of luck there, I guess.

Anyway we're close enough to the season for me to throw my utterly legit picks out there.

- #1 #2 #3 #4
AFC East Patriots Bills Dolphins Jets
AFC North Ravens Steelers Bengals Browns
AFC South Colts Texans Titans Jaguars
AFC West Broncos Chargers Chiefs Raiders
NFC East Cowboys Giants Eagles Redskins
NFC North Packers Vikings Lions Bears
NFC South Saints Panthers Falcons Bucs
NFC West Seahawks Cardinals Rams 49ers
#1 Draft Pick Jets - - -
AFC Playoffs #1-4 Colts Patriots Ravens Broncos
AFC Playoffs #5-6 Steelers Bills - -
NFC Playoffs #1-4 Packers Seahawks Cowboys Saints
NFC Playoffs #5-6 Cardinals Giants - -
AFC Divisional Colts  Patriots  Ravens  Steelers 
NFC Divisional  Packers Seahawks  Saints   Giants
AFC Championship Colts Patriots - -
NFC Championship Packers Seahawks - -
Super Bowl Teams Packers Patriots - -
Super Bowl Winner Packers -

MTZehvor said:

The...uh...Jets?

Welp, best of luck there, I guess.

Anyway we're close enough to the season for me to throw my utterly legit picks out there.

Lol, yeah I know, it is pretty awful.  However, the Jets and the Dolphins had a pretty spectacular free agency period and the patriots had a pretty terrible one (not to mention they will be minus Brady for four games).  So I had a really hard time with that division in particular...

in the end I went with the jets because I think their new head coach is going to have a huge impact and if there is a defense that will be better than my Seahawks, it will be the jets.  

RolStoppable said:
gergroy said:

Lol, yeah I know, it is pretty awful.  However, the Jets and the Dolphins had a pretty spectacular free agency period and the patriots had a pretty terrible one (not to mention they will be minus Brady for four games).  So I had a really hard time with that division in particular...

in the end I went with the jets because I think their new head coach is going to have a huge impact and if there is a defense that will be better than my Seahawks, it will be the jets.  

Do the Jets have a good QB now? Otherwise they are pretty much in the same boat as the Bills who also have a good defense, but an unproductive offense. Defense alone doesn't win division titles. It's hard to take the Dolphins seriously because for every step forward they have also taken one backwards; inconsistent for years, always end up around 8-8.

The Patriots' first four games are against the Steelers, Bills, Jaguars and Cowboys. If they go 2-2 over that stretch, Brady can still get the team to 14 wins for the season. And didn't the Patriots go 11-5 in a season when Brady was out due to an injury? I wouldn't get my hopes up that a Belicheck team implodes because one or the other player isn't available for a few games.

Nobody likes the Jets, except Kevin James. And King of Queens was a really awful sitcom. Shame on you, gergroy.

Geno has had some good reports this offseason, but even if he doesn't work out, they have Fitzpatrick who is at least serviceable....  Patriots also lost two of their biggest secondary pieces and didn't try to replace them at all... They lost a lot of players, it isn't just Brady being gone for four games that I think the Patriots will be down this year...

like I said, that division is tough as I see pretty much every team being equal this year unlike last year.  I can literally see a scenario where every team can come out on top or every team can finish at the bottom.  It will be a very rough division this year...

Around the Network

Vikings offense sure has improved. Steelers D? Not so much

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

I'll be back in :)

Arkaign Predicts
#1 #2 #3 #4
AFC East NE BUF MIA NYJ
AFC North BAL PIT CIN CLE
AFC South IND JAC HOU TEN
AFC West SD DEN KC OAK
NFC East DAL NYG PHI WAS
NFC North GB MIN DET CHI
NFC South ATL CAR NO TB
NFC West ARI SEA STL SF
#1 Draft Pick WAS - - -
AFC Playoffs #1-4 IND BAL NE SD
AFC Playoffs #5-6 PIT DEN - -
NFC Playoffs #1-4 GB DAL ARI ATL
NFC Playoffs #5-6 NYG SEA - -
AFC Divisional IND BAL NE PIT
NFC Divisional DAL GB SEA NYG
AFC Championship IND NE - -
NFC Championship DAL SEA - -
Super Bowl Teams IND DAL - -
Super Bowl Winner DAL - - -

Dallas special :) Honestly I have no idea. I know some teams that will suck, but the schedule, the suspensions, the rookies, the complete shakeup of so many teams, it's a mystery. Good luck to your favorite team!

RolStoppable said:
gergroy said:

Geno has had some good reports this offseason, but even if he doesn't work out, they have Fitzpatrick who is at least serviceable....  Patriots also lost two of their biggest secondary pieces and didn't try to replace them at all... They lost a lot of players, it isn't just Brady being gone for four games that I think the Patriots will be down this year...

like I said, that division is tough as I see pretty much every team being equal this year unlike last year.  I can literally see a scenario where every team can come out on top or every team can finish at the bottom.  It will be a very rough division this year...

Ah yes, Fitzpatrick. He has led many teams into the playoffs, right? Besides, at this point in time there are fewer NFL teams that he didn't play for than those who he played for.

The impressive thing about the Patriots is that they have repeatedly found ways to win games against the odds. They have the best coach in the league. That's just the way it is. They are going to beat the rest of the AFC East through experience.

Very possible, but if they don't and the jets pull off a miracle then I will get more points anybody else.  I'm sure there is some personal resentment that is probably factoring into my choices for that division as well...

RolStoppable said:
Arkaign said:
AFC Playoffs #1-4 IND BAL NE SD
AFC Playoffs #5-6 DEN PIT - -
NFC Playoffs #1-4 GB DAL ARI ATL
NFC Playoffs #5-6 NYG SEA - -
AFC Divisional IND BAL NE PIT
NFC Divisional DAL GB SEA NYG
AFC Championship IND NE - -
NFC Championship DAL SEA - -
Super Bowl Teams IND DAL - -
Super Bowl Winner DAL - - -

The #3 seed plays against the #6 seed, you idiot. New England and Pittsburgh cannot both advance beyond the wild-card round.

The order of the NFC teams in the Divisional Playoffs is odd, but at least the outcome of the matchups is legit, so no real issue here.

Ah ok, flip my 5-6 then :) I'll edit my thing. That's what I get for being in a hurry.