By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2015: Denver Broncos win Super Bowl 50

Who will win Super Bowl 50?

Patriots 116 25.00%

Seahawks 41 8.84%

Colts 7 1.51%

Packers 42 9.05%

Broncos 85 18.32%

Ravens 8 1.72%

Cowboys 18 3.88%

Panthers 56 12.07%

Other 74 15.95%

Scoreboard 17 3.66%

Total:464
gergroy said:
oldschoolfool said:
dallas cowboys going to the superbowl,that's my only prediction. lol

I don't see the Cowboys doing nearly as well this year.  Huge amount of their success last year came from their running game... And they didn't bother replacing said running game when it left in free agency...

We will have to wait and see. As a longtime Dallas watcher, I saw Demarco's previous seasons, and it wasn't nearly as great as last year. The thing is, he had a ton of yards before contact as the continual drafting of 1st rounder Pro Bowler / All Pro offensive linemen got up to speed. The line is even better this year with the depth increasing (Collins, and a Doug Free with bone spurs fixed that he had been playing through).

Demarco had okay vision, wasn't terribly fast, and had moderate power. I liked to call him baby beast mode, because he really played like a lightweight version of Marshawn Lynch. The best thing I liked about him was the no-give-up, if there was nothing, he would just crash straight ahead and try to get an extra yard or two. It didn't always work, but he made people at least work for it compared to RBs that will instead try to cut again way too late and just get mopped up or lose a yard or two. He was also a good guy as a person, never any drama, always hard working, and a respected locker room presence. In the end though, his FA value was WAY WAY WAY too high. One healthy season behind a monstrous O line doesn't mean he's in the Lynch/Peterson category or anywhere close. I dare anyone to go find a run of his and say 'wow, what an incredible athlete, look at that move!'. It just didn't happen. Holes opened, and he gamely charged right in with everything he had. I dare say that Marshawn or Adrian would have definitely busted 2000+ out of last years holes and runs.

Anyway, long story short, unless Randle turns into a fumble machine, he's no worse than Demarco, and in fact is considerably faster. I see this like the NE way of RB'ing : by committee. I also will say that Murray should be an upgrade for Philly even if they overpaid massively. Chip's idea of a go-fast offense works best with a runner that charges on first hole with a 1-cut style. Similarly, Randle could actually be an upgrade for Dallas if he can blow into the secondary quickly with the often huge holes that open up with Frederick, Martin, Smith, etc working over people. This usually increases in the 2nd half as D lines usually get worn down.

As for Dallas's chances this year. I see them doing about the same as last year due to an awesome schedule that puts us against many of the best, and a lot of divisional games early on, which are never easy. If they get to midseason 6-2 or 5-3, they are in great shape. But that first half is a mother. The backside of the season lightens up a ton by comparison. The defense is substantially improved at all levels. As with Philly, injuries and depth will play a key role. Dallas can survive a couple of losses here and there, and there are some difference makers on defense that weren't around last year : Sean Lee, Greg Hardy, and Randy Gregory. The great Charles Haley has been tutoring Gregory, and he's been able to work past Tyron from time to time with technique and speed. Add in Byron Jones, and the advancement in experience with some of the younger guys and I think the defense is substantially better than last year (once we get to week 5 of course due to dual suspensions, but even before that they are definitely no worse than last year's group).

I could go on about the other NFC East teams in some detail, but I think the division will be closely fought this year. I see NYG rising, Philly struggling a bit to settle all the changes in place but still being dangerous, and Washington still struggling some. I think 11-5 takes the division, and a high chance the NFC East also sends a wildcard team in.

Around the Network
- #1 #2 #3 #4
AFC East  Patriots Dolphins  Bills  Jets 
AFC North  Ravens Bengals  Steelers  Browns 
AFC South Colts  Texans  Jaguars  Titans 
AFC West Broncos  Chiefs Chargers Raiders 
NFC East  Cowboys Eagles  Giants  Redskins 
NFC North  Packers Vikings  Lions  Bears 
NFC South  Falcons Panthers  Saints  Buccaneers 
NFC West  Seahawks Cardinals  Rams  49ers 
#1 Draft Pick  49ers - - -
AFC Playoffs #1-4  Colts Patriots  Broncos  Ravens
AFC Playoffs #5-6  Bengals Texans  - -
NFC Playoffs #1-4  Packers Seahawks  Falcons  Cowboys 
NFC Playoffs #5-6  Eagles Cardinals  - -
AFC Divisional  Colts Patriots  Broncos  Bengals
NFC Divisional  Packers Seahawks  Cowboys Cardinals
AFC Championship Colts  Patriots  - -
NFC Championship  Packers Seahawks  - -
Super Bowl Teams  Packers Patriots  - -
Super Bowl Winner  Packers - - -

I was going to do this later, but I was bored and thought I'd probably forget to do it. Just let me know of any mistakes I might have made (other than my choices obviously).

- #1 #2 #3 #4
AFC East Patriots Dolphins Bills Jets
AFC North Steelers Ravens Bengals Browns
AFC South Colts Texans Titans Jaguars
AFC West Broncos Chiefs Chargers Raiders
NFC East Cowboys Giants Eagles Redskins
NFC North Packers Lions Vikings Bears
NFC South Falcons Saints Panthers Buccaneers
NFC West Seahawks Cardinals 49ers Rams
#1 Draft Pick Browns - - -
AFC Playoffs #1-4 Steelers Colts Broncos Patriots
AFC Playoffs #5-6 Ravens Dolphins - -
NFC Playoffs #1-4 Cowboys Packers Seahawks Falcons
NFC Playoffs #5-6 Giants Saints - -
AFC Divisional Steelers Colts Broncos Ravens
NFC Divisional Cowboys Packers Seahawks Falcons
AFC Championship Steelers Colts - -
NFC Championship Cowboys Packers - -
Super Bowl Teams Cowboys Colts - -
Super Bowl Winner Cowboys - - -

Edited. 

NobleTeam360 said:

- #1 #2 #3 #4
AFC East Patriots Dolphins Bills Jets
AFC North Steelers Ravens Bengals Browns
AFC South Colts Texans Titans Jaguars
AFC West Broncos Chiefs Chargers Raiders
NFC East Cowboys Giants Eagles Redskins
NFC North Packers Lions Vikings Bears
NFC South Falcons Saints Panthers Buccaneers
NFC West Seahawks Cardinals 49ers Rams
AFC Playoffs #1-4 Steelers Colts Broncos Patriots
AFC Playoffs #5-6 Ravens Dolphins - -
NFC Playoffs #1-4 Cowboys Packers Seahawks Falcons
NFC Playoffs #5-6 Giants Saints - -
AFC Divisional Steelers Colts Broncos Dolphins
NFC Divisional Cowboys Packers Seahawks Falcons
AFC Championship Colts Broncos - -
NFC Championship Cowboys Packers - -
Super Bowl Teams Cowboys Colts - -
Super Bowl Winner Cowboys - - -

If there are any errors let me know!

You picked the Cowboys to win.

Couple visible errors. Your AFC Divisional Round is an impossibility given the seeding in your playoff picks. The 3 seed (Broncos) would be playing the 6 seed (Dolphins) in the first round. Can't have them both moving on.

Secondly, your AFC Championship is problematic too. If Denver, as the 3 seed, moves on from the Wild Card, they'd play at the 2 seed (Colts) in the Divisional. Your AFC Championship can't include both teams.

Other than that, looks all right.

gergroy said:
dongo8 said:

-                                           #1    #2    #3     #4
AFC East                             NE   BUF MIA   NYJ
AFC North                          BAL PIT   CIN    CLE
AFC South                          IND HOU TEN   JAX
AFC West                           DEN SD    KC     OAK
NFC East                            DAL  PHI   NYG  WAS
NFC North                         GB    DET MIN   CHI
NFC South                         CAR  ATL  NO     TB
NFC West                          SEA   AZ   STL      SF
#1 Draft Pick                     OAK   -       -          -
AFC Playoffs #1-4             NE    IND DEN    BAL
AFC Playoffs #5-6             HOU SD     -          -
NFC Playoffs #1-4            GB     SEA DAL    CAR
NFC Playoffs #5-6            PHI    AZ      -         -
AFC Divisional                  NE     IND DEN    HOU
NFC Divisional                 GB     SEA DAL     PHI
AFC Championship         NE     IND    -          -
NFC Championship        GB      SEA    -          -
Super Bowl Teams         NE      GB      -          -
Super Bowl Winner       NE        -        -          -

Why didn't you just quote or copy and paste the bracket everybody has been using... Seems like it would have been less work...

Copy pasted it into an excel spreadsheet on my phone, some of the html features on the site do not work, so I figured that was the best way to do it at the time. Completed the brackets in excel, and then copy pasted back into my reply, and fixed the spacing, wasn't all that difficult : )

NNID: Dongo8                              XBL Gamertag: Dongos Revenge

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
MTZehvor said:

You picked the Cowboys to win.

Couple visible errors. Your AFC Divisional Round is an impossibility given the seeding in your playoff picks. The 3 seed (Broncos) would be playing the 6 seed (Dolphins) in the first round. Can't have them both moving on.

Secondly, your AFC Championship is problematic too. If Denver, as the 3 seed, moves on from the Wild Card, they'd play at the 2 seed (Colts) in the Divisional. Your AFC Championship can't include both teams.

Other than that, looks all right.

If you are doing my job, have the decency to call people idiots. It's good form.

Oops, sorry.

Stephen Harper's an idiot.

Geno Smith had his jaw broken this morning by a LB LOL.

Apparently they fought, Smith's jaw was broke, the team cut the LB. They are claiming it was a "sucker punch".

Such a classic LOLJets story.

RolStoppable said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
Geno Smith had his jaw broken this morning by a LB LOL.

Apparently they fought, Smith's jaw was broke, the team cut the LB. They are claiming it was a "sucker punch".

Such a classic LOLJets story.

The Jets will be fine. I was told that Fitzpatrick is serviceable.

Well... Poop...

gergroy said:

Ok, I guess I will do the bracket again, but I am out as far as the league.  Also, how does the number 1 draft pick work?  

- #1 #2 #3 #4
AFC East Dolphins Patriots Jets Bills
AFC North Ravens Steelers Bengals Browns
AFC South Colts Titans Texans Jaguars
AFC West Chargers Broncos Chiefs Raiders
NFC East Eagles Giants Cowboys Redskins
NFC North Packers Vikings Lions Bears
NFC South Falcons Panthers Saints Bucs
NFC West Seahawks Cardinals Rams 49ers
AFC Playoffs #1-4 Ravens Colts Chargers Dolphins
AFC Playoffs #5-6 Steelers Broncos - -
NFC Playoffs #1-4 Seahawks Packers Eagles Falcons
NFC Playoffs #5-6 Cardinals Vikings - -
AFC Divisional Ravens Colts Chargers Steelers
NFC Divisional Seahawks Packers Eagles Cardinals
AFC Championship Ravens Colts - -
NFC Championship Seahawks Packers - -
Super Bowl Teams Seahawks Colts - -
Super Bowl Winner Seahawks - - -

Edited

RolStoppable said:
gergroy said:

Well... Poop...

Don't tell me that you honestly believed that Geno Smith would be a big factor in the Jets winning the AFC East.

Not really... But shuffling quarterbacks due to injury could be a big deal... The position is too shaky as it is on that team... It needed stability...