By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US August monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

Teeqoz said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

600k in october !?

Not a Chance... Halo 3 effect was for 3 weeks, and after a huge August, Halo 5 is The last week of October, assuming we are SUPER OCTIMIST and we habe XBO at 200 - 250 k in The Halo week, how much can sell in The hothers weeks? Even 500k... Too Much. 400k is my prediction.

BTW, it's optimist, and since you're using it as an adjective, it's optimistic.

Usually my english is bad, but This time The reason for This crappy comment is that i currently write with my Phone and not with my PC. :D

Around the Network

We're going to have to keep an eye on the Halo preorder bundle. It could throw this month out just like the Batman bundle did for the PS4 in March.

The PS5 Exists. 

Halo bundle will be big, but no way is Sony getting outsold in the U.S. like last holiday. I don't think MS can do that fire sale again. They have profits for the game division they need to worry about. Sony WILL announce a price cut at PGW. Combine that with Destiny, COD, and SW bundles Sony is looking to be competitive in November and December.

Formerly ilovegirls69  :(

GribbleGrunger said:

We're going to have to keep an eye on the Halo preorder bundle. It could throw this month out just like the Batman bundle did for the PS4 in March.

In terms of NPD predictions? Nah, no one is going to be fool enough to claim a Xb one win for August NPD if the Halo 5 bundle is the top hardware for the month and there is daylight between the top PS4 sku and the next Xb one sku.

I don't see PS4 winning October without a price cut, and even with a prie cut it would be tricky unless it was a $100 price cut, which won't happen. I don;t think Sony cares that much about the USA in relation to the global PS4 situation to base pricing decisions on just that market. Sony has probably settled and comfortable with a fairly even market share in the USA with Xb one, so no need for reactive price movements, things will even out over time and price cuts can be determined almost entirely by internal factors.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

People are really getting a little to excited about Halo. Better let off the gas a bit, because I think many are coming into October a little to fast and way over shooting.

We still have TGS and PGW coming before we can get a good indication on the holiday. Sony has a major PS4 firmware update baking to combat X10 on XBO. PlayStation Vue will be expanding to many new markets in the US, along with a major marketing push this holiday. PS4 Bundles for Disney Infinity 3.0, Assasins Creed, Call of Duty, Battlefront, and Hitman, are all still up in the air. This is just a few things that will have major effect on the holiday.

Also, I would not limit XBO to Halo alone. The W10 update is going to be a big deal. Windows Universal Apps are going to bring smartphone like depth to the consoles, and that can and should be a major game changer, not only for consoles, but home computing in general.

Both companies are looking to have a great holiday in front of them. The battle for the USA is going to be very fun.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

tag

WTF?
Wii U is at numbers 62 and numbers 67 in The hourly 0_O ( with The same SKUs )
Is This a bug?

I thin SE are now realising what a terrible mistake they made with ROTT:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B013HMN66M/viglink20241-20/

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
I thin SE are now realising what a terrible mistake they made with ROTT:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B013HMN66M/viglink20241-20/

Interesting that it is just the regular edition. I was hoping the default game on PS4 would be the complete edition with the inevitable DLC that will be on X1 in 2016.

celador said:

Interesting that it is just the regular edition. I was hoping the default game on PS4 would be the complete edition with the inevitable DLC that will be on X1 in 2016.

Only a fool would order it this early. If SE really think they're giong to be able to launch a year later without any enhancements or free DLC and sell well on the PS4, they're in for a rude awakening. The worse move they have ever made.

The PS5 Exists.