By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US August monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

Ryng_Tolu said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Why will the XB1 win August?

Ps4 will win July NPD
Ps4 will win August NPD
Ps4 will win September NPD
No idea who will win October NPD

PS4 will win July by a normal margin.

PS4 will win August by a smaller margin.

PS4 will win September by a huge margin.

XBO will win October by a huge margin.

We will see the rest.

PS4 will win July by a smaller margin than June
Xb1 will win August by a small margin
Ps4 will win September by a normal margin
Xb1 will win October by a decent margin

Around the Network
endy.G said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

PS4 will win July by a normal margin.

PS4 will win August by a smaller margin.

PS4 will win September by a huge margin.

XBO will win October by a huge margin.

We will see the rest.

PS4 will win July by a smaller margin than June
Xb1 will win August by a small margin
Ps4 will win September by a normal margin
Xb1 will win October by a decent margin

I doubt PS4 will win by a "normal" margin, i believe will be much higer than June and even than March. Last year PS4 - XBO gap was over 250k, i think we will see probabily >150k gap this time.

XBO over 250k, PS4 over 400k.

And for October, PS4 will have a decent dropped, more than 250k but less than 300k, and XBO a nice jump... i believe One will be over 400k in October.

The 360 has sold 528k with Halo 3 in September 2007, so, i think is not crazy 400k for XBO with Halo 5.

Ryng_Tolu said:
Aura7541 said:

Looks like Sony's marketing rights to Black Ops 3 are working. The PS4 version is ahead in the hourlies.

And VGC has the XBO version above the PS4 version by a huge margin. Seem legit... NO.

I'd be more inclined to believe the VGC pre-order positions (not the numbers per se) than the Amazon rankings, when it comes to software. I don;t think Amazon has a very good track record with Software when comparted to NPD. Indeed Amazon hasn't had a very good track record with hardware aside from PS4 vs Xb one. And Wii U of course, but Wii U is so far behind that even if Amazon was highly inaccurate on hardware it would probably still show Wii U running behind PS4bone.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Looking forward to following the 1TB Halo 5 Limited Edition console. $499 seems steep compared to what they have been offering though.

Here we go with July prediction.

[PS4] 195,000 ( -47% )
[XB1] 165,000 ( -44% )

Many people think that August is the same or even worse than July, but i don't know, for example last year PS4 was up from August even if in July got TLOU remastered bundle and August was the pre month of the White PS4...

Let's say even this time PS4 will be up. Considering how is doing currently, seem that PS4 will got even August.
Above 200k for PS4, hard to guess XBO...

Around the Network

1st August monthly updated a few mins ago.

#11 Batman PS4
#15 X1 MCC 500GB
#16 Destiny PS4
#51 3DS
#65 X1 1TB MCC
#69 WiU
#93 PS4 Standalone

Post Gamescon hourlies

07.) PS4: BAK
21.) PS4: Destiny
22.) XBO: HMCC
48.) PS4: Std
70.) 3DS: XL
74.) XBO: HMCC 1TB
77.) Wii-U: Delux Mario
87.) XBO: Std

Sony must be sweating right now.

WoodenPints said:

1st August monthly updated a few mins ago.

#11 Batman PS4
#15 X1 MCC 500GB
#16 Destiny PS4
#51 3DS
#65 X1 1TB MCC
#69 WiU
#93 PS4 Standalone

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Protendo said:
Post Gamescon hourlies

07.) PS4: BAK
21.) PS4: Destiny
22.) XBO: HMCC
48.) PS4: Std
70.) 3DS: XL
74.) XBO: HMCC 1TB
77.) Wii-U: Delux Mario
87.) XBO: Std

Sony must be sweating right now.

Time to hit the panic button for Sony. With only 3 skus in the top 50 they must be starting to get very worried.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Halo bundle at #2. It is going to be huge.

SOny should cut the price next month, or prepare to get soundly beaten in the holidays.