By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US August monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

GribbleGrunger said:
endy.G said:

in that case the list is even more ridiculous

Look, I just happen to think the PS4 will win August. You decided to emphasise your point by pretending the PS4 has nothing for this month. I simply provided a list to show it DOES have games for this month and believe the momentum from last month and the titles this month will edge it for the PS4. If I'm wrong I'm wrong but I'm not going to pretend the XB1 doesn't have a chance because I decide to pretend it has 'nothing'. Can't you differentiate between heated debate and unecessary argument?

i never said the ps4 does not have games
they just don't have anything that could push and impact hardware sales compared to the xbox one

that's why i only mentioned rare replay and gears and not all other xbox one games that will be released in august. they just won't matter in that context

tl;dr
ps4 has! games, but still nothing for the month of august that could drive hardware sales and have an significant impact

Around the Network
endy.G said:
GribbleGrunger said:
endy.G said:

in that case the list is even more ridiculous

Look, I just happen to think the PS4 will win August. You decided to emphasise your point by pretending the PS4 has nothing for this month. I simply provided a list to show it DOES have games for this month and believe the momentum from last month and the titles this month will edge it for the PS4. If I'm wrong I'm wrong but I'm not going to pretend the XB1 doesn't have a chance because I decide to pretend it has 'nothing'. Can't you differentiate between heated debate and unecessary argument?

they just don't have anything that could push and impact hardware sales compared to the xbox one

that's why i only mentioned rare replay and gears and not all other xbox one games that will be released in august. they just won't matter in that context

tl;dr
ps4 has! games, but still nothing for the month of august that could drive hardware sales and have an significant impact

That would have been fine had you then not listed Rare Replay and Gears of War collection then... two games that are not likely to push significant hardware. Madden is more likely to push more hardware than those two. Until Dawn is new IP... totally uncertain how well it will do as a game (I think it will do Heavy Rain type numbers, little less) but can you see how you are being a little unfair in your assumptions by saying PS4 has nothing, when it does at least have a new game...lol.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

endy.G said:

tl;dr

But the Batman Bundle is still selling better than any other bundle. It's all well and good thinking in terms of one or two games creating a spike but you can't ignore the console that is currently selling more on Amazon. If the PS4 is leading for most of the month and loses to a couple of small spikes for a week or so then it's difficult to call in my opinion. It comes down to this for me: Will it be the console with a couple of spikes or will it be the console with steady sales throughout the month? I believe it will be the console with steady sales throughout the month.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
endy.G said:
Ps4 will win July NPD
Xb1 will win August NPD
Ps4 will win September NPD
XB1 will win October NPD

can't tell November and December winner without knowing the Bundles and pricepoints

Why will the XB1 win August?

Ps4 will win July NPD
Ps4 will win August NPD
No idea who will win October NPD

PS4 will win July by a normal margin.

PS4 will win August by a smaller margin.

PS4 will win September by a huge margin.

XBO will win October by a huge margin.

We will see the rest.

endy.G said:

xb1:
rare replay +  gears of war ultimate edition as exclusive games
gears of war and madden 16 bundle

ps4:
nothing, but a possible negative impact due to some people preoder and wait for the 399 limeted destiny bundle

Neither of those are console pushers. Hell Gears ultimate bundle is currently #2,633 and standalone at #168 and it's 3 weeks out. 

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Why will the XB1 win August?

Ps4 will win July NPD
Ps4 will win August NPD
No idea who will win October NPD

We will see the rest.

PS4 will win July by a smaller margin than June
Xb1 will win August by a small margin
Ps4 will win September by a normal margin
Xb1 will win October by a decent margin

endy.G said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

We will see the rest.

PS4 will win July by a smaller margin than June
Xb1 will win August by a small margin
Ps4 will win September by a normal margin
Xb1 will win October by a decent margin

I doubt PS4 will win by a "normal" margin, i believe will be much higer than June and even than March. Last year PS4 - XBO gap was over 250k, i think we will see probabily >150k gap this time.

XBO over 250k, PS4 over 400k.

And for October, PS4 will have a decent dropped, more than 250k but less than 300k, and XBO a nice jump... i believe One will be over 400k in October.

The 360 has sold 528k with Halo 3 in September 2007, so, i think is not crazy 400k for XBO with Halo 5.

Ryng_Tolu said:
Aura7541 said:

Looks like Sony's marketing rights to Black Ops 3 are working. The PS4 version is ahead in the hourlies.

And VGC has the XBO version above the PS4 version by a huge margin. Seem legit... NO.

I'd be more inclined to believe the VGC pre-order positions (not the numbers per se) than the Amazon rankings, when it comes to software. I don;t think Amazon has a very good track record with Software when comparted to NPD. Indeed Amazon hasn't had a very good track record with hardware aside from PS4 vs Xb one. And Wii U of course, but Wii U is so far behind that even if Amazon was highly inaccurate on hardware it would probably still show Wii U running behind PS4bone.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

The Order is pretty high

Looking forward to following the 1TB Halo 5 Limited Edition console. $499 seems steep compared to what they have been offering though.