By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - It's the first time that there is no hype for Gamescom

I've been following gaming stuff and events for many a year and I know next to nothing about Gamescom.

Around the Network
Burek said:
No Sony, no interest.
Europe has already shown it has very little interest in XBox, and there is no real hype for their games anyway - a medley of games announced over a year ago mixed in with some FIFA Ultimate Team news.

Paris is the place to be this year!

Sony wrecked Gamescom... its that simple.

Just not the same without Sony having a conference, I should be hyped for the FF XV stuff but I'm not at the moment. Just hope that the Horizon talk at Gamescom includes some new footage as well.

MS alone really isn't enough to pull the crowds, I'll probably still catch the conference though, I just don't trust MS' ability to make a good gameplay demo for their show.

Was hyped to if MS dropped the EU Xbone price to level where i would buy it, but then the Tomb Raider-announcement happened

Europe, and especially Germany, don't really care about xbox too much. No one's covering gamescom in depth because of the lack of sony and ninty pressers.

Around the Network

You mean FFXVcom?

How could we not be hyped for FFXVcom?! It's going to rock!

But, as far as conferences go, both Paris Games Week and Tokyo Game Show are much more appealing to me.

And the D23 Expo events this year are going to be amazing.

There were several years with little hype, it's timeframe isn't the best, stuck between e3 and for the west and tgs for the east, plus it's in the European "beach month", gaming takes a break.
Regardless it's a good thing cause it's not going to be any good so less disappointment.

I'm hoping for Horizon and FFXV news. Hyped is just such a strong word, you know?

4 ≈ One

Gamescom doesn't have much hype, but it never has it. From the three main videogame events, it has always been the smallest one.

But the good thing of that is that it seems to allow both developers and the press to work more freely, with less presure and tension, so the stories take emerge from Gamescom are not like those from E3 and TGS, making it a different kind of event.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

We Xbox fans are hyped, but not many of us hang around on this forum for obvious reasons.

This user was banned for being an alt account - Miguel_Zorro