By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS Update coming July 31st

"Translation: On the morning of Friday, July 31st, we will be releasing an update for Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS. In addition to Tourney Mode (Wii U) and Replay Uploading, we will also distribute new premium DLC (Mii Fighter costumes, Stages)."

"In Tourney Mode, compete to win points over a set period of time. Players can create their own tourneys and adjust the rules as they like. We will also be holding tournaments for players to compete for the top spot. Tourney Mode will be available for free."

"New Costume - Smash Hoodie
A snazzy zip-up featuring the Smash logo. Also note the flame accent on the sleeve! Comes paired with cool gray pants. Available for all Mii Fighters on 7/31!"

"The two stages are throwbacks to the original Super Smash Bros., Peach's Castle 64 and Hyrule Castle 64. Both stages will be available for 250 yen each on one console, and 350 yen for Wii U/3DS together."

"New Costume (Swordfighter) - Chrom (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
A faithful recreation right down to the Brand of the Exalt on his arm. Unsheathe your Falchion and show Marth who the real Hero King is! Available 7/31."

"New Costume (Brawler) - King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country)
A vivid recreation, from the bulging eyeball to the glimmering crown. Put this on, and you'll feel like King of the Kremlings! Available 7/31."

"But that's not all! We will be distributing more Mii Fighter costumes in addition to the ones we have shown today. Check back here tomorrow for more info!"

This anouncement by the official Japanese Smash Bros. twiitter acount was translated by kamennootoko from Reddit.

[Source]

Around the Network

Looks like that's where the King K. Rool trademark went.

mysteryman said:

Thank God

Kind of annoyed that the King K Rool thing became a Mii costume but couldnt really see him being a fighter either.

Nice that the game is getting an update, but I couldnt care less about paid Mii costumes.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

I wonder if we will get any more characters before the end of the year.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Around the Network

Damn, I really thought King K. Rool was going to be the next character announced. I guess it's still possibly, just very unlikely.

I'm pretty glad King K Rool is a mii fighter costume. There were so many other characters I would prefer to be real characters in smash.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

ExplodingBlock said:
mysteryman said:

Thank God

You think you dodged the bullet? This KRool costume may be in smash to promote Retros next game. Bwahahahaha. :P

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Better late than never I know, but jeez it's almost been a year since tournament mode was announced so I have to wonder what took so long.

I always loved the Hyrule Cadtle stage...
But I would have rather they released the Saffron City stage than Peach's Castle...
Oh well...
I wonder if this update will include any unmentioned buffs/nerfs...

Have a nice day...