By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 2016-Japan:Final Fantasy 15 & Dragon Quest 11,PS4 sales will explode!?

Final Fantasy 15 or Dragon Quest 11 for PS4?

I play both : ) < 3 98 60.12%

Final Fantasy 15 of course ! 30 18.40%

Dragon Quest 11 ! 12 7.36%

see results 23 14.11%

Total:163
vivster said:
Gonna be interesting to see how dead the home consoles really are.

you know the install base between 3DS and PS4.  We would know see if Japanese gamers preference between these two then you'll know. 

Around the Network

take off project morpheus from the OP and I agree. PS4 sales will go boom boom in 2016

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

I wouldn't be surprised if 2016 is the peak year for ps4 in japan, yes.. and  maybe there's more big stuff to be announced

PwerlvlAmy said:
take off project morpheus from the OP and I agree. PS4 sales will go boom boom in 2016

According to a prediction by our very own Sony dev the PS4 will sell the majority of its lifetime numbers in Japan after Morpheus is out, now one could interpret that as most big hitters just releasing after Morpheus or Morpheus getting strong japanese support and possibly being a real game changer over there (she predicted 13m PS4s lifetime or so I believe), so maybe Morpheus shouldn't be discounted.

DerNebel said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

According to a prediction by our very own Sony dev the PS4 will sell the majority of its lifetime numbers in Japan after Morpheus is out, now one could interpret that as most big hitters just releasing after Morpheus or Morpheus getting strong japanese support and possibly being a real game changer over there (she predicted 13m PS4s lifetime or so I believe), so maybe Morpheus shouldn't be discounted.

Yeah I cant see it being a real game changer at this point in time being its just  VR device. But I'm open to being wrong at the end of the day. But for now, I just don't see it 

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

If these games don't revive the console market, nothing will.

Well we've seen more of KH3 than DQ11. So why wouldn't that come out first? I bet FF15 will be the only one out in 2016 and the others will 2017.

They are certainly trying to get Japan sorted out with a console though.

The PS4 should actually be able to push some very nice numbers in Japan lifetime. Though I doubt it, there might be a tiny tiny chance that it'll end up above the PS3, which would be great.

twintail said:
endy.G said:
why would they explode, if DX will be also on the 3ds and nx?

if nx will be the rumored cheap home console, i see it selling the most on 3ds, second nx and only third ps4
sure it will boost the ps4 sales to some degree, but nothing "explode" like

Maybe because PS4 has a ton of games the 3DS is obviously not getting, and likewise the NX wont get. The TC is not only talking about DQ, he is talking about DQ is relation to tons of other PS4 software. 

NX can be whatever kind of priced console it wants to be, but I think you are straight out wrong if you somehow think that DQ11 is going to sell better on the NX over the PS4. 

The 3DS is getting Dragon Quest VIII (it will have new content), Dragon Quest XI, Yo-kai Watch 3, Monster Hunter X, Monster Hunter Stories, Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer and most likely a mainline Pokémon game for 2016 (Pokémon Z?)... Good luck beating that in Japan...

Summer Lessons on PM will take Japan by storm.