By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragon Quest XI Announced for PS4/3DS (2016) NX (Tentative)

"3DS version will have 2D sprite battles + random battles when playing with the D-Pad and 3D battles when playing with the circle-pad."

Really? That's a very cool feature! :)

Around the Network
Aerys said:
As i thought, no NX version in dev, its just a possibility based on how NX will well

Good thing for PS4, it will be a huge exclusive système seller before any other version comes

The NX version was confirmed at the event though, SE simply backtracked because the NX didn't even get announced officially.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

DerNebel said:

That is complete bullshit. That's like saying the Division looked like it'd be ready within 10 months of its first demo because that looked very refined, it is easy to create a vertical slice demo that looks good and ready, maybe the 3DS team did that for their demo and the PS4 team didn't. Also you base it all on the fact that there weren't any NPCs and that they didn't go into battle, maybe they just haven't put the NPCs in there because in their development plan this will come at a later point, not like there's any complicated AI behaviour involved with DQ NPCs, most of them just stand around and wait for you to talk to them anyway, so maybe they want to put them in later.

You're trying to interpret way too much into 2 4-5 minute offscreen demos.

Not BS as the same thing happened to Zelda, it was shown in a similar manner then guess what it's been delayed into the following years, you really think a game due in 10 months wouldn't have a demo that looks more further along then shown? I'm calling it how I see it from what's shown, 3DS version had battles, world map, NPCs etc... Console version in the meant time just had the main character walking around in one empty area and another area with enemies which he refused to fight for what ever reason DQXI looked like they were only beginning early stages and if you try to put that down to resources you're spewing horse shit right there as they're meant to release the same time.

If they are further along and they just threw together a very lite demo then fair play to them but what was shown looked like early stages and that's how it is.

Wyrdness said:
DerNebel said:

That is complete bullshit. That's like saying the Division looked like it'd be ready within 10 months of its first demo because that looked very refined, it is easy to create a vertical slice demo that looks good and ready, maybe the 3DS team did that for their demo and the PS4 team didn't. Also you base it all on the fact that there weren't any NPCs and that they didn't go into battle, maybe they just haven't put the NPCs in there because in their development plan this will come at a later point, not like there's any complicated AI behaviour involved with DQ NPCs, most of them just stand around and wait for you to talk to them anyway, so maybe they want to put them in later.

You're trying to interpret way too much into 2 4-5 minute offscreen demos.

Not BS as the same thing happened to Zelda, it was shown in a similar manner then guess what it's been delayed into the following years, you really think a game due in 10 months wouldn't have a demo that looks more further along then shown? I'm calling it how I see it from what's shown, 3DS version had battles, world map, NPCs etc... DQXI looked like they were only beginning early stages and if you try to put that down to resources you're spewing horse shit right there as they're meant to release the same time, I still don't get why he would avoid battles.

If they are further along and they just threw together a very lite demo then fair play to them but what was shown looked like early stages and that's how it is.

Again the game is not due in 10 months, stop making up lies. And again you're taking these demos way too much as proof of the point you want to make instead of simply listening to what the devs said, like I said there've been tons of demos that looked amazing years away from launch, it means absolutely nothing. All the DQXI PS4 demo showed me is that the team didn't bother preparing anything big for the reveal, cause believe me, if they wanted to they could have had NPCs, battles and cutscenes in that demo cause companies create these fake demos all time.

To judge the degree of completion of a game from a stage demo is entirely naive for that reason.

Skullwaker said:
DerNebel said:
A late release hurt the PS3 version a lot, also I heard that all the marketing budget was spend on the DS version, those things considered I'd say it selling over a third of the DS version in Japan is actually very much acceptable.

Still DQXI will sell more on 3DS in Japan but more on PS4 in the west (if both release in the west)

Oh, I agree with everything you wrote.

I was just saying he probably shouldn't be comparing the two considering he wants it to be a big "exclusive" system seller. There's really never been a situation like the DQXI PS4/3DS release, so it's hard to judge exactly how well each version will do. However, it's no doubt that the very existence of a 3DS version signifcantly hurt the PS4 version's chances of being an enormous system mover along the lines of FFXV.

Dragon Quest does have the benefit of being much bigger in Japan than Final Fantasy. Besides, the PS3 didn't even get a mainline DQ game, so it is a bonus over the PS3 I actually am not sure that FF XV will outsell DQXI PS4 in Japan.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:

Again the game is not due in 10 months, stop making up lies. And again you're taking these demos way too much as proof of the point you want to make instead of simply listening to what the devs said, like I said there've been tons of demos that looked amazing years away from launch, it means absolutely nothing. All the DQXI PS4 demo showed me is that the team didn't bother preparing anything big for the reveal, cause believe me, if they wanted to they could have had NPCs, battles and cutscenes in that demo cause companies create these fake demos all time.

To judge the degree of completion of a game from a stage demo is entirely naive for that reason.

The game is aiming for the anniversary from their own accord which is  around May and even if we use the year 2016 as a whole window what was shown looks questionable to make the schedule. Yes I am going to go by the demo because that's what was shown and I'm going to call how it's shown, an amazing demo would at least be more convincing in the game making 2016 even if it does get delayed.

AZWification said:
Aerys said:
As i thought, no NX version in dev, its just a possibility based on how NX will well

Good thing for PS4, it will be a huge exclusive système seller before any other version comes

The NX version was confirmed at the event though, SE simply backtracked because the NX didn't even get announced officially.

Excepted that it wasn't. It was mentioned as a footnote at the very end. They would like to bring it to the NX, but that is not the definition of confirmed.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Teeqoz said:
Dragon Quest does have the benefit of being much bigger in Japan than Final Fantasy. Besides, the PS3 didn't even get a mainline DQ game, so it is a bonus over the PS3 I actually am not sure that FF XV will outsell DQXI PS4 in Japan.

Dragon Quest is bigger, but again, it's not exclusive to the PS4. Yes, FFXV is on XBO but that means nothing in Japan. For DQXI to also be on the 3DS seriously handicaps the PS4 version.

I believe that FFXV will sell more than DQXI PS4 simply because it's the only place people want to play it (in Japan).

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Skullwaker said:
Teeqoz said:

Dragon Quest is bigger, but again, it's not exclusive to the PS4. Yes, FFXV is on XBO but that means nothing in Japan. For DQXI to also be on the 3DS seriously handicaps the PS4 version.

I believe that FFXV will sell more than DQXI PS4 simply because it's the only place people want to play it (in Japan).

It does but I see a lot of double dipping happening with DQXI the versions seem different enough for a lot of hardcore fans to pick up both versions, if I had to guess.

DerNebel said:
It does but I see a lot of double dipping happening with DQXI the versions seem different enough for a lot of hardcore fans to pick up both versions, if I had to guess.

Yeah, I see that happening too.

Hell, I'll probably do it lol.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread