By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragon Quest XI Announced for PS4/3DS (2016) NX (Tentative)

ethomaz said:

tbone51 said:

"I'm sad they didn't dropped 3DS." ←←← This

Why are you sad lol?

Because I don't like old consoles getting games that holds back the development of the new ones.

I get there are two teams working in two different version of the game but I see they need to talk each other and maybe something is dropped because they couldn't make happen on old hardware.

So I prefer a PS4/NX version than a PS4/NX/3DS.

That is my point.

I love Destiny for example but the PS360 really affected the next-gen version... it is sad.

Have you played Ni No Kuni? Did you think the PS3 version was held back by the NDS version?

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
tbone51 said:

Serious Post? Are people really not seeing the difference of the 2 version? And HH makes obviously more sense for making money for SE if itwere to be exclusive on a single platform.....

I think it's more of a personal opinion thing, I am personally also unable to understand why anyone would ever pick a handheld version of a game over a home console/PC version, but that's just me.

Im not arguing that, i get it too. I rather have it way better looking and on the big screen (ex SSB), but in this case the games are different. It seems like some people arent noticing this at all. Its more of some understanding it as a Downport... :-/

ethomaz said:

tbone51 said:

Why are you sad lol?

Because I don't like old consoles getting games that holds back the development of the new ones.

I get there are two teams working in two different version of the game but I see they need to talk each other and maybe something is dropped because they couldn't make happen on old hardware.

That is my point.

I love Destiny for example but the PS360 really affected the next-gen version... it is sad.

But they have developed both games separate from each other from the ground up. They are two different games with separate development. The PS4 won't get affected by the 3DS version other than sales.

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

tbone51 said:
DerNebel said:

I think it's more of a personal opinion thing, I am personally also unable to understand why anyone would ever pick a handheld version of a game over a home console/PC version, but that's just me.

Im not arguing that, i get it too. I rather have it way better looking and on the big screen (ex SSB), but in this case the games are different. It seems like some people arent noticing this at all. Its more of some understanding it as a Downport... :-/

Oh they are definitely different, but if I understand it correctly they are still telling the same basic story, so instead of playing both I'd prefer just playin the PS4 version.

ethomaz said:

tbone51 said:

Why are you sad lol?

That is my point.

I really doubt 3ds version is holding anything back on the PS4 version, going by the few video footage we seen, but i guess i can kinda see your point. That said it would have been dumb to ignore the 3DS fanbase in terms of sales and with the way the games are presented each, it seems like instead of many saying which version will be better, its more of i have to get both versions because it is different gameplay/mech/etc

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
tbone51 said:
DerNebel said:

Oh they are definitely different, but if I understand it correctly they are still telling the same basic story, so instead of playing both I'd prefer just playin the PS4 version.

It is exactly that, that said instead of playing the game again, now you can play it in a totally different way :0

Besides though PS4 version looks really good (damn this game and KH3 are visually beautiful imo), the 3DS version has that old school vibe to it and its doing things wit a very cool presentation :)

tbone51 said:
DerNebel said:

It is exactly that, that said instead of playing the game again, now you can play it in a totally different way :0

Besides though PS4 version looks really good (damn this game and KH3 are visually beautiful imo), the 3DS version has that old school vibe to it and its doing things wit a very cool presentation :)

Yeah they've definitely figured out a cool way to take advantage of the 3DS's features there.

The NX version is 'under consideration' for now, but chances are it will get a release on it. Might not mean a simultaneous release with the PS4 though. Wonder if the NX will be more powerful than the PS4... I somehow doubt it.

I see the 3DS version more like a 30 anniversary celebration/homage to the DQ franchise by having that old school art style. While I see the PS4 as the next gen DQ game (like DQ VIII on the PS2), they revolutionized the DQ series. Both games have their place in the DQ family and neither is trying to take each others place and purpose.

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

ethomaz said:

tbone51 said:

Why are you sad lol?

That is my point.

Just stop.

There are 2 different versions of the game, Destiny is the same game being tailored for all console. Totally diffrent. 3DS version will not impact console versions....except in sales.

I am pleasantly surprised about a handheld. Very contradictory to their previous statements though.