By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragon Quest XI Announced for PS4/3DS (2016) NX (Tentative)

Lawlight said:
Handheld versions seem odd - why would anyone pick that over the PS4 version?

Because it's portable, that's a great feature! Also I don't have much time to home console gaming, so I can't complain about that 3DS version :D

Around the Network
Lawlight said:

Because the Japanese are in love with their mobile gaming and no home console from this generation has made a very big impact in Japan yet, but the PS4 is the most likely one to gain the best foothold which is likely why it was chosen to get the "omg" version of the game.

Volterra_90 said:
Lawlight said:

Because it's portable, that's a great feature! Also I don't have much time to home console gaming, so I can't complain about that 3DS version :D

I remember DQ8 being such a beautiful game - can't imagine playing that on a handheld.

LuckyTrouble said:
Lawlight said:

Because the Japanese are in love with their mobile gaming and no home console from this generation has made a very big impact in Japan yet, but the PS4 is the most likely one to gain the best foothold which is likely why it was chosen to get the "omg" version of the game.

Might as well make it for mobile phones then.

Not even on mobile?

BUT MOBILE IS THE FUTURE OF GAMING

Lawlight said:

The handheld game looks like typical Dragon Quest to me. With some nice features (2D/3D on different screens.) Dragon Quest in Japan is a game series that plays a lot with nostalgia. So I think the Japanese will be quite interested in this release. We also still haven't seen combat for the console version. It might be too modernized (real-time) for all we know. Still both games look great and any big DQ fan would probably get both versions.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
Volterra_90 said:

Might as well make it for mobile phones then.

Yeah, because smartphones are like 3ds or Vita...

Samus Aran said:
I was wrong about S-E, it's great to see they're supporting all consoles that deserve it, even NX!

Given that your whole point was userbase requires that DQXI be put on 3DS or WiiU over PS4 how could you possibly justify NX "deserving" this game over the WiiU?

My question is, did they just confirm that NX is coming next year? Or will it be a delayed release for the NX?

NNID: Dongo8                              XBL Gamertag: Dongos Revenge

covering all ground, I wonder how the NX version will do if it comes out at a later date than the PS4 & 3DS versions

Yes! Go 3DS! Go NX!

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile