By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragon Quest XI Announced for PS4/3DS (2016) NX (Tentative)

Dang SE always seems to know how to do things with their Enix titles. This was the most clever decision. Get huge sales with 3ds and Ps4 versions for people that buy both. And the games seem to take advantage of both systems greatly. 3DS has the dual screen dynamic, and some pretty nice (VIII level) visuals. And PS4 has awesome visuals and a sprawling beautiful world. I don't expect these games to release in the U.S until 2017 though, so I will get the 3DS and possibly NX versions.

Around the Network

Although I'm treating the NX bit as only a maybe right now due to Famitsu's report that it's only under consideration, and potential mistranslations or misinterpretations from the original event could have easily muddled the information, I do find the rest pretty interesting. The PS4 version is going to blow the 3DS version out of the water, guaranteed (although 3DS sales will kill PS4 sales in Japan), and I can safely say that with lengthy DQ localization times, we're highly unlikely to see the 3DS version in the west.

I'm sad they didn't dropped 3DS.

PS4 and NX could put the game at new and better levels.

Waking up to see this made my morning. I kinda hope it's an NX launch title to help boost the hardware.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

Very daring putting it out on the NX. If it is a launch title it may get some steam but if Nintendo ditch the Wii U before 2017 in favor of the NX I can see devout Nintendo fans jumping ship to other brands.

Around the Network

I enjoy people who don't understand that the PS4 and 3DS versions are being developed as different projects. They will share the same story, but will otherwise be fairly different in how its presented (both graphically and with various gameplay elements) due to vast hardware differences. Neither is a port of the other, and based on what they showed of the PS4 version, it has not suffered from development time being put into the 3DS version.

I was wrong about S-E, it's great to see they're supporting all consoles that deserve it, even NX!

ethomaz said:
I'm sad they didn't dropped 3DS.

PS4 and NX could put the game at new and better levels.

I don't see the PS4 version hindered to be honest.

is very different from

3ds because of japan, ps4 because of rest of the world, nx because of maybe... makes sence overall.

Handheld versions seem odd - why would anyone pick that over the PS4 version?