By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragon Quest XI Announced for PS4/3DS (2016) NX (Tentative)

Anfebious said:

I never said it was going to be exclusive, I said it was coming. And I was right, but too bad it wasn't the latter. I would have enjoyed the meltdowns. But I guess it's good knowing that people will have to live with the 3DS version overshadowing the PS4 one, I can live with that.

Also I'm here to laugh at everyone who said I was wrong:

can i join ? even though i didn't participate lol , some still trying to hide thier defensive tone at earlier before announcement by acting like thier happy , but the truth is not lol , see at the 1st page replies then

you and me : laugh ! good for tonight read gonna revisit few forum and board to see the reaction before and after

Around the Network
teigaga said:
The fact that Dragon Quest X is confirmed for NX but Dragon Quest XI is in "consideration" seems interesting to me. My mind immediately assumes that they're not quite sure yet how well they can get the PS4 game to run on NX, supporting the idea that whatever it is, its not as strong as the PS4. Wild speculation of course, they could also be waiting to see whether Epic announce built in UE4 support for NX too.

The version is probably already in development tbh they probably just want to see what other features it'll have.

The Anfebious haters must eat crow.

Actually it's not confirmed for the NX.Square only says they are considering it,which means nothing at this point.
“Additionally, we are also considering launching on Nintendo’s in development NX platform,” Square Enix said in a press release."
http://gematsu.com/2015/07/dragon-quest-xi-announced-ps4-3ds

teigaga said:

The fact that Dragon Quest X is confirmed for NX but Dragon Quest XI is in "consideration" seems interesting to me. My mind immediately assumes that they're not quite sure yet how well they can get the PS4 game to run on NX, supporting the idea that whatever it is, its not as strong as the PS4. Wild speculation of course, they could also be waiting to see whether Epic announce built in UE4 support for NX too.

Edit: Actually Gametsu are now saying its confirmed for NX. Never mind.

source: http://gematsu.com/2015/07/dragon-quest-xi-announced-ps4-3ds

No,it doesn't say it's confirmed now.Just Square talking as usual like before the WiiU launched.

Around the Network
Abun said:
teigaga said:

No,it doesn't say it's confirmed now.Just Square talking as usual like before the WiiU launched.

there is no way square enix would spouting something so random at biggest japanese game franchise conference , but some users still trying so hard to downplayed NX version announcement 

it was obvious square enix saying like that because nintendo itself not yet fully revealed what kind of console is NX

Hopefully it's going to be as good as DQVIII, the last DQ game I've ever played! I never had much interest in IX and X.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Abun said:
teigaga said:

Well thats strange, when I looked at the link it had"and NX" in the title. I guess that was before the update...

now if i think about it i dont like that there is a 3DS version, it will hold the graphics back on the ps4 and NX. I hope SE is cancelling it

That's cool, I always wanted something like that for Zelda games.