By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragon Quest XI Announced for PS4/3DS (2016) NX (Tentative)

OH YEAH!

The 3DS versions looks super cool! Love that 16 bit style on the 2nd screen, I´m so glad for being able to play this game next year ^^

Also very glad to see the support for NX, another reason to buy the console :)

Around the Network

Xxain said:

Just stop.

There are 2 different versions of the game, Destiny is the same game being tailored for all console. Totally diffrent. 3DS version will not impact console versions....except in sales.

I am pleasantly surprised about a handheld. Very contradictory to their previous statements though.

No. I won't stop.

And you didn't even read my comment.

Even two different versions can hold back each other in developement.

Drop 3DS now... it is getting bullshit already... at least it is not PS360Wii.

The NX version is fine in my view because it will have close/better specs than PS4... and makes sense because it is not launched it... a nice launch title if they can get ready for that... maybe even a enhancement port from PS4.

ethomaz said:

Xxain said:

Just stop.

There are 2 different versions of the game, Destiny is the same game being tailored for all console. Totally diffrent. 3DS version will not impact console versions....except in sales.

I am pleasantly surprised about a handheld. Very contradictory to their previous statements though.

No. I won't stop.

The NX version is fine in my view because it will have close/better specs than PS4... and makes sense because it is not launched it... a nice launch title if they can get ready for that.

Then please explain (thoroughly) how the 3DS version (that has a separate development) holds back the development of the PS4 version.

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

BraLoD said:
The OP answers already in defensive, he knows very well what he did here.

Can I ask what's wrong with that thread title?

The PS5 Exists. 

ethomaz said:

Xxain said:

Just stop.

No. I won't stop.

The NX version is fine in my view because it will have close/better specs than PS4... and makes sense because it is not launched it... a nice launch title if they can get ready for that... maybe even a enhancement port from PS4.

Ethomaz

- you recognize there a 2 different versions

- Then go on to claim that they can still effect each

- But use Destiny as the example, which is different. 

2 versions 2 teams? Explain 

Around the Network
Guitarguy said:
The NX version is 'under consideration' for now, but chances are it will get a release on it. Might not mean a simultaneous release with the PS4 though. Wonder if the NX will be more powerful than the PS4... I somehow doubt it.

It wouldn't make a very big difference even if the NX was more powerful. Tech hasn't gotten that much further in the past few years in terms of what you're capable of doing with a $400 computer. Even when the PS4 came out, people said it wasn't a very big leap from the PS3, and that was a pretty large amount of time in the tech world between the PS3 and the PS4. Nintendo would be better off aiming to be about on par with the PS4, as I can see the PS4 being a relevant piece of hardware until around 2018 or 2019 at the earliest. Tech just isn't improving fast enough anymore to offer big drastic differences in a short amount of time for the dollar amount that game systems try to sell for.

Stellar_Fungk said:

Then please explain (thoroughly) how the 3DS version (that has a separate development) holds back the development of the PS4 versions.

There is a lot of situtaions that can happen...

At design time (because from what I read only the graphic engine is different... everything else is the same) they want to create a feature but it won't be possible on 3DS... so they drop the feature.

Cross-gen developement is not good in any way.

If they wanted a 3DS game fine... do a entrie new game for 3DS... because when you already have the 3DS in the mind you will not expand your project to the capacibility of others plataforms no matter what you say you will be blinded.

But maybe the gamers are fine with that... I'm not.

sc94597 said:

I don't see the PS4 version hindered to be honest.

is very different from

Great visuals on both versions. Never played a Dragon Quest game, but looking at these two pieces of footage, it looks like a game I could play.

@ 3DS debate: It's pretty obvious why there's a 3DS version of this game. If anything, that version is the one that makes SE the money. No chance that version will get canned or wouldn't have happened in the first place. From a business point of view I'd sooner can the PS4/NX version instead if one needed to be cancelled or make something else there, instead of the other way around.

GribbleGrunger said:
BraLoD said:
The OP answers already in defensive, he knows very well what he did here.

Can I ask what's wrong with that thread title?

Considering that was back when the thread was made, I'm sure the title is a non-issue now.

ethomaz said:

Stellar_Fungk said:

Then please explain (thoroughly) how the 3DS version (that has a separate development) holds back the development of the PS4 versions.

There is a lot of situtaions that can happen...

At design time (because from what I read only the graphic engine is different... everything else is the same) they want to create a feature but it won't be possible on 3DS... so they drop the feature.

Cross-gen developement is not good in any way.

If they wanted a 3DS game fine... do a entrie new game for 3DS... because when you already have the 3DS in the mind you will not expand your project to the capacibility of others plataforms no matter what you say you will be blided.

Ethomaz still not correct. 2 different versions that will likely have their own unique. 3DS has already shown a exclusive feature! Dude, the point of 2 different versions is so have to dropping featuresdoesnt become an issue.