By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I want to be part of the master race.

Are you reading this?

no 31 40.79%

yes 26 34.21%

I don't understand the question 19 25.00%

Total:76

As few already mentioned, that GPU is too weak and MB is too pricey. Go with cheaper MB and CPU and try to get at least 970.

Around the Network

so you like the idea of a master race but want attention from everyone else.
Well good news... thats about the only characteristic required to be a part of the PC master race.

It's been said allready, get a cheaper CPU and more expensive GPU. Games like Fallout 4 don't require very strong CPU since there's not that many things to process. graphics settings though require good GPU. All games apart from some heavy strategy games don't even require much of an CPU these days especially console ports. CPU is the part that ages the slowest in a PC. GPU on the other hand is a part people switch the most when they want to use Ultra-settings + 60FPS, years after.

oh! and wait for DX12 capable GPUs to come out or get some of the upper end Nvidia cards since they have full support.

Here's about the support levels http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/207598-demystifying-directx-12-support-what-amd-intel-and-nvidia-do-and-dont-deliver you only get basic level support with AMD 1.0 GCN cards, 270X is GCN1.0.

and I agree with people here that you could use a cheaper mobo, there's usually one or two budget ones that give you some upper end tech for 60-80$. You might even find a deal on crossfire/SLI mobo for this price, if you want to get another GPU for more muscle in the future. Though remember to calculate the power usage so your PSU is enough.

I will gladly recommend Thermaltake V3 or V4 for a budget-case, I have one V3 and they are light-weight full-sized cases so you can easily move them around too if you ever get into the LAN scene and still want a full sized case, or you travel a lot and want to take PC with you.

chapset said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB SSC ACX 2.0 Video Card ($407.09 @ Newegg Canada)

Total: $1083.93 before taxes and shipping and windows

That card is way too much for my needs, I think the 960 you recommanded would be better for me

You say that now, but you can never have too much performance ;)

And if you are willing to build/buy a complete PC anyway for around $1000 anyway, saving 10% of the total costs by reducing the gaming performance by 40-50 % ain't the best choice IMHO.

Even if the games you want to play don't really need the additional GPU-performance, it isn't wasted... you can always crank up the visual quality. DSR (Nvidia) and VSR (AMD) downsampling is a much better way to get rid of jaggies and jittering in less demanding games (f.e. 6th + 7th gen multiplats rendered in 4K) than other anti-aliasing methods.

Perhaps you want to emulate some Shenmue 1 + 2 in 4K / 60 fps while waiting for part 3... I tried it today, looks nice:

Ninten78 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

270? Hmm, I would rather get the 960 instead

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127844&cm_re=960-_-14-127-844-_-Product

Even comes with a free copy of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

I will look at the rest after but yea, Canadian prices suck!!!! If you build the same pc with US prices, it is soo much cheaper which sucks for canadians T_T

I hate our dollar now,Canada USA Mexico unified currency,amero :P

Only if you're fine with having our presidents, and only our presidents on the money.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Around the Network

You can't just become an Aryan, silly /s

Looks good, but why not look for an 370X or a 380? That CPU is otherwise kind of overkill for your GPU.

I didn't read all replies but I would strongly advise going for a cheaper cpu, motherboard and case and choose a more powerful GPU like Geforce 960 or Radeon 380. Oh and a SSD is a must for Windows and programs.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

m0ney said:

I didn't read all replies but I would strongly advise going for a cheaper cpu, motherboard and case and choose a more powerful GPU like Geforce 960 or Radeon 380. Oh and a SSD is a must for Windows and programs.

Not really, an SSHD works just fine.

Do you plan on overclocking?

Do you plan on ever going dual gpu like SLI or Crossfire?