By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - So it looks like Pixels is beyond terrible.

Meh... The movie had potential!

Around the Network

Adam Sandler is in a bad film? Who would of thought that?

Adam Sandler in a bad movie? Who'd have seen that one coming.
Thing is with Sandler tho, if you see one of his movies it can be great, like if you just watched something like Happy Gilmore and never seen another Sandler film it would be one of the best things ever, but the issue is he has 1 character, he doesn't do a role he just plays Adam Sandler in another situation, even when he was playing his own twin sister it was just Sandler now has a wig that was all.
Wish I had stopped after my original sitings of him, Wedding Singer and Happy Gilmore, fond memories of those because they were my first, but I'm sure that's the same for everyone with Sandler.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I think it's a shame that Pixels was such a terrible movie. That movie had been getting hype for about a year. I remember going to a Digiplex with my girlfriend last October and we got a big Popcorn bucket that was good for a year and it had that movie advertised on the side.

I think maybe if Adam Sandler had not been involved, the movie might have had a chance at being a creative, clever kids movie. I think his movies are getting so terrible to the point where in the near future, a movie will end up losing money just because he's in it.

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

Saw it last night and it is not terrible. I enjoyed it. Id say a 7.5/10

PSN & XBOX GT : cutzman25

Around the Network
Spike0503 said:
Augen said: The low point being seeing the great philosopher and master Yoda degraded to jumping around completely missing the point of the whole character.

What exactly is your point?. Due to his small stature that was the best way he had to fight his enemies during the prequels (Dooku and Palpatine). It was a fighting style of his own and a great showing of his caliber as an elder jedi master. I have to disagree with you, it wasn't degrading in any way shape or form. Having a flexible fighting style doesn't take anything from his character as a wise, intelligent master.

Part of it was how I saw Yoda in Empire and Jedi. We never saw him use a light sabre and wasn't really the point of Luke's training either. He spoke about a state of mind and clearing thoughts and emotions.  His power was how he saw the universe on a high plane than others.  His demonstration was to lift an X-Wing out of  a swamp with his mind. Despite being small and centuries old he did something that left Luke humbled.

To me Yoda is not a warrior in that sense, he is a teacher that is above "crude matter".  In real life he would be akin to the Dalai Lama, parting wisdom and teachings to make pupils better beings as much as better warriors.

The best way for Yoda to fight would be his mastery of the force.  Physically he is not imposing and could not over power anyone and in his advanced years he could not out maneuver anyone.  So, why is Yoda so highly respected?  It shows what is valued by Jedi is not ultimately power, but rather wisdom and understanding.  

If I were to construct a Yoda scene in the prequels I'd have a monster of an opponent, big and ferocious filled with rage spinning his/her light sabre at this pitiful little creature. Only to see all that pride stripped away as this master attempts to talk and then failing that, with a shake of his weary head waves his hand smashing the opponent into the wall or ground.  That would be powerful imagery that demonstrates Yoda and fits in line with the world and character. Don't even need a battle honestly. Could have Yoda convert troubled Sith from the dark side showing his patience and understanding and how tragic it is to him lose wayward Jedi.  

My point is the prequels missed what Yoda was and see only value in fighting with a light sabre.  A battle between the Emperor and Yoda should have shown how far they were above their knights.  The Emperor using matter as an attack with lightning or other elements and Yoda deflecting and moving objects.  Be some great dialogue about the nature of beings and the force with the Emperor trying to cloud Yoda's mind and Yoda showing he is above such tricks.  The Emperor even chides Luke in Jedi with his "Jedi weapon" and yet there he is in the senate spinning and all with his own.  The winner such a contest is simply the stronger one, the better fighter, and I find that to make Yoda less than what he was in the old films.

i bet the movie is very decent, these reviewers are just biased and clickbait

I don't know what people expect from Adam Sandler......
http://d3biamo577v4eu.cloudfront.net/static/images/icons/splat-16.png) no-repeat transparent;">  6% Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2
  • Producer
$70.8M 2015
http://d3biamo577v4eu.cloudfront.net/static/images/icons/splat-16.png) no-repeat transparent;">  11% The Cobbler
  • Max Simkin
http://d3biamo577v4eu.cloudfront.net/static/images/icons/splat-16.png) no-repeat transparent;">  19% Pixels
  • Screenwriter
  • Producer
  • Sam Brenner
  I Am Chris Farley
  • Actor
 14% Blended
  • Producer
  • Jim
$46.3M 2014
 31% Men, Women & Children
  • Don Truby
 86% Top Five
  • Himself
 7% Grown Ups 2
  • Producer
  • Lenny Feder
  • Screenwriter
$133.7M 2013
 20% That's My Boy
  • Producer
  • Donny
$36.9M 2012
  Sesame Street: Singing with the Stars
  • Actor
 38% Here Comes the Boom
  • Executive Producer
$45.3M 2012
 44% Hotel Transylvania
  • Dracula
$148.3M 2012
 19% Just Go with It
  • Producer
  • Danny
  • Screenwriter
$103.0M 2011
 3% Jack and Jill
  • Jack Sadelstein/Jill Sadelstein
  • Screenwriter
  • Producer
$74.2M 2011
 0% Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star
  • Screenwriter
  • Producer
$2.3M 2011
 14% Zookeeper
  • Donald the Monkey
  • Producer
$80.4M 2011
 10% Grown Ups
  • Screenwriter
  • Lenny Feder
  • Producer
$162.0M 2010
  The Shortcut
  • Executive Producer
 33% Paul Blart: Mall Cop
  • Producer
$146.3M 2009
 68% Funny People
  • George Simmons
$51.8M 2009
 38% You Don't Mess With the Zohan
  • Zohan
  • Producer
  • Screenwriter
$100.0M 2008
 25% Bedtime Stories
  • Producer
  • Skeeter
$110.0M 2008
 2% Strange Wilderness
  • Executive Producer
$6.5M 2008
 42% The House Bunny
  • Producer
$48.2M 2008
 64% Reign Over Me
  • Charlie Fineman
$19.7M 2007
 14% I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry
  • Producer
  • Chuck Levine
$119.7M 2007
  Saturday Night Live - The Best Of
  • Actor
  Good Cook, Likes Music
  • Actor
 32% Click
  • Michael Newman
  • Producer
$137.3M 2006
 31% The Longest Yard
  • Paul `Wrecking' Crewe
$158.0M 2005
 9% Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo
  • Producer
$22.3M 2005
  Late Night With Conan O'Brien - 10th Anniversary Special
  • Actor
 53% Spanglish
  • John Clasky
$42.0M 2004
 44% 50 First Dates
  • Henry Roth
  • Producer
$120.8M 2004
  Couch
  • Actor
 43% Anger Management
  • Dave Buznik
$133.8M 2003
 57% Pauly Shore Is Dead
  • Actor
 23% Dickie Roberts: Former Child Star
  • Producer
$22.7M 2003
 67% Stupidity
  • Actor
 79% Punch-Drunk Love
  • Barry Egan
$17.8M 2002
 12% Adam Sandler's Eight Crazy Nights
  • Davey/Whitey/Eleanore/Deer
  • Producer
  • Screenwriter
$23.3M 2002
 21% The Hot Chick
  • Bongo Player
$34.9M 2002
 22% Mr. Deeds
  • Longfellow Deeds
$126.2M 2002
 30% The Animal
  • Townie
$54.4M 2001
 22% Little Nicky
  • Nicky
  • Screenwriter
$38.5M 2000
  Saturday Night Live - Game Show Parodies
  • Actor
 40% Big Daddy
  • Screenwriter
  • Sonny Koufax
  Saturday Night Live: The Best of Adam Sandler
  • Actor
 23% Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo
  • Actor
 35% The Waterboy
  • Screenwriter
  • Bobby Boucher
 17% Dirty Work
  • Satan (uncredited)
 67% The Wedding Singer
  • Robbie Hart
  Saturday Night Live - Bad Boys of SNL
  • Actor
 60% Happy Gilmore
  • Screenwriter
  • Happy Gilmore
 8% Bulletproof
  • Archie Moses
 46% Billy Madison
  • Screenwriter
  • Billy Madison
 7% Mixed Nuts
  • Louie
  Going Overboard
  • Schecky Moskowitz
  Saturday Night Live - Best of 1993
  • Actor
 21% Airheads
  • Pip
 33% Coneheads
  • Carmine
 37% Shakes the Clown
  • Dink

TV

Adding Adam Sandler to your movie isn't helping either.

Chris Hu said:
DélioPT said:
I still want to see it.
If it's funny, who cares!

Well even Jeremy Jahns who isn't nearly as harsh on it says it fails as a comedy because it really isn't funny. 

I'm going take a chance on it.

People said The Island was a bad movie but i really enjoyed it. That and a Vandamme movie that was bad but i still enjoyed watching. :D