By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - So it looks like Pixels is beyond terrible.

Augen said:

Opposite for me. The fight in Episode 3 felt overly choreographed, giving a sense of watching a ballet rather than a fight. It also suffered from being bloated in addition to no emotional investment because I never bought Annakin and Obi-Wan as friends.

Compared to Luke's two fights with Vader that have great narrative drive with the fight teaching you about the characters and feel genuine. Luke laying into Vader and cutting his arm off is far more visceral than flipping and spinning around around stuff that premeated the prequels.  The low point being seeing the great philosopher and master Yoda degraded to jumping around completely missing the point of the whole character.

Battles are meant to drive stories and characters, devoid of emotion and context they feel sterile and bore me.  To me the prequel battles feel like intended for 6 year olds while the old ones feel mature and nuanced in their construction and execution.  I'll never forget Vader toying with Luke with the lighting and mood and then hammering him with the revelation that changed the whole series.  That makes Empire not just a great Star Wars film, but an honest great work in film making.  

What exactly is your point?. Due to his small stature that was the best way he had to fight his enemies during the prequels (Dooku and Palpatine). It was a fighting style of his own and a great showing of his caliber as an elder jedi master. I have to disagree with you, it wasn't degrading in any way shape or form. Having a flexible fighting style doesn't take anything from his character as a wise, intelligent master.

On topic: Adam Sandler is literally movie poison just like Eddie Murphy. When will people learn this?.

Around the Network

And yet the U.S. moviegoers will eat it up.

I guess that some people really dislike Adam Sandler. I like the majority of his comedies.

Did anyone expect a good movie from current Sandler?

Why hate systems that bring you great games?

PSN: Aceburg0413

XBOX Live: Sheep of Doom13

Nintendo:  SheepofDoom13

3DS FC:  3222 - 5562 - 9867

im so sad that Adam Sandler became this "joke"... i really like his old movies i had a lot of fun as a kid watching all of them.

Around the Network

An Adam Sandler movie about video games. How can that possibly ever be good. Frankly I'm surprised 19% of reviewers on rotten tomatoes gave it a positive score. Perhaps low expectations allowed some critics to enjoy the movie more than it deserves. If I can watch it without paying for it and I am looking for a reason not to do something more important I should be doing then I might see it.

Is Tron the best movie about a video game ever? Actually no, I think Wreckit Ralph probably is now.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Skullwaker said:
RavenXtra said:
It stars Adam Sandler.. that was enough to tip me off. :|

I'm in the same boat as you.

Same here.  Any movie starring Adam Sandler is garbage.

LOL my brother is one of the SAS in this movie. I already rag him for being in an Adam Sandler movie, now I can rag him for the reviews LOL

#1 Amb-ass-ador

I enjoyed most of the low scoring Adam Sandler movies so I'm still gonna check this out

Augen said:

Sandler suffers from same weakness many SNL alums do, his gimick wear off and gets old.  He had a few amusing films in the 90s, but then was tired of it.  His more dramatic attempts showed promise, but too easy to make money cranking out junk with friends and product placement.  Snadler knows how the industry works and how to make millions, but he doesn't know how to make good movies.

There is no reason that he can't adapt or go back to his roots. Some of his classics are pretty good imo. Not only that some of his comedy skits and songs are funny as hell.

I don't think anyone will be able to not at least chuckle at this! LMAO!!!! I'm going to keep posting this on this thread until I see some lulz. Yeah, Adam Sandler can be funny as fuck if he wants to be.