By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Just got a Wii U

Any suggestions on what I should get? Also friend codes

I regret making this my username, I made this name when I was 13 years old

Life could always get worse, you could be a mod for Neogaf

Around the Network

Take a look at this thread... Pretty much has all the good games listed.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=205909&page=1

I'd give you my NNID but I'm maxed out at 100 "friends"

Sick! The usuals: Mario Kart, Super Smash, 3D World. There are a lot of awesome games that other people will recommend, such as Windwaker HD, Tropical Freeze, Pikmin 3, Bayo 2, Splatoon, etc..

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

In a nutshell:

Mario Kart 8
Smash Bros
Mario 3D World
Wind Waker HD
Splatoon

There are many, many more, but those are the essentials.

bet: lost

You made a good decision!

The essentials: Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Splatoon
Excellent games: Bayonetta 2(+1), Pikmin 3, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Wind Waker HD, Super Mario 3D World
Great games: The Wonderful 101, ZombiU (gets trashed but I like it), Captain Toad
Good games: Hyrule Warriors, Kirby & The Rainbow Curse, New Super Mario Bros. U, Nintendo Land, Lego City Undercover
Games to look out for: Yoshi's Woolly World, Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Super Mario Maker, Genei Ibun Roku #FE, Star Fox Zero, and of course, Zelda U

My NNID is tylersbailey if you'd like to add me.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network

Lego City Undercover!

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Send me a friend request if you like (same name)

I recommend Club Sports, Mario U, Mariokart 8, Tekken Tag Tourney, Pikmin 3, Trine and ZombiU

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

Smash and Splatoon are absolute musts.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Skullwaker said:

The essentials: Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Splatoon, Bayonetta 2(+1), Pikmin 3, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Wind Waker HD, Super Mario 3D World, The Wonderful 101, Captain Toad

Great games: , ZombiU (gets trashed but I like it), Kirby & The Rainbow Curse, New Super Mario Bros. U, Lego City Undercover

Good games: Hyrule Warriors, , Nintendo Land.

Games to look out for: Yoshi's Woolly World, Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Super Mario Maker, Genei Ibun Roku #FE, Star Fox Zero, and of course, Zelda U

Dammit Skullwalker you beat me to it, I guess I can add some more:

Rayman Legends, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, the Scribblenauts games, digital games like Shantae, Shovel Knight, Pushmo World, ect.

Bolded: I fixed your list a little  :P

My NNID is: ARamdomGamer

zzyoshiman said:

Any suggestions on what I should get? Also friend codes

what game is bundled on your Wii U? and what genre do you like?

go for the big 3: Splatoon, Smash, and Mario Kart 8. It is really a must.

then you might want - NSMBU, Mario 3D World, Hyrule Warriors, Bayo 2.

upcoming games you might like - Xenoblade Chronicles X, SMT x Fire Emblem, Mario Maker.

There is a thread about the Wii U NNID, you check the main Nintendo thread, all of our IDs are mostly there. ;)