By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 1.4m Xbox consoles shipped Q4

binary solo said:
So VGC is looking to have close to 1 million sell through for the quarter, possibly high 900Ks. Pretty good tracking compared to shipments I think.

Agreed. Good to see the site going well again. 

Around the Network

PS4 doomed confirmed.

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

Really great growth YOY for X1. Remember that the spring quarter is usually quite slow, yet X1 continues so grow. Hopefully MS will announce some solid numbers soon.

BMaker11 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Youre talking to a guy who once told me MS should have up to the second sales data WW for their products. So yeah.. of course some here believe if MS shows up at a businesses doorstep with 2,000 Xbox consoles, the business has to buy them all no matter how long it will take to sell them.

snip very long quote

Thanks! That was one of the threads the crap about logistics was spread in. And i brought it up because its completely relateable to the crap people are saying about logistics in this thread. If thats bannable or worth a warning then the mods can do their job, doesnt bother me, friend.

And Im not worried about looking silly, Im not trying to make it seem as if retailers are forced to buy and hoard loads of expensive product just because the manufacturer decides to "overstuff". Again, not how logistics work.

BMaker11 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Youre talking to a guy who once told me MS should have up to the second sales data WW for their products. So yeah.. of course some here believe if MS shows up at a businesses doorstep with 2,000 Xbox consoles, the business has to buy them all no matter how long it will take to sell them.

Oh, you just had to come in with that BS. Clearly you still haven't learned how to read. I've corrected you time and again on this, but you just can't let it go, in order to undermine my comments.

When MS, back in 2013, was saying the XBOnes were sold out at most major retailers, you could easily go to Walmart.com, Gamestop.com, Target.com, Amazon.com, etc. (or just go an availability site like nowinstock.net, for aggregated results) and see that XBOnes were clearly in stock at the time. So, no, they weren't sold out. If you're foolish enough to believe that that is me saying "they should have minute by minute updates on stock" then you're a worse spin doctor than Greenberg. If MS says "we're sold out" and the major retailers say "there's XBOnes available", that's not me saying MS should have up to the second sales data. That's me saying that they're making false statements, based on very publicly accessible information. Not to mention, there were several reports/articles of stockpiles of XBOnes available at many retailers across the US. And pages worth of posts on /r/XboxOne of people saying "XB1s are available here, here, and here". And, while anectdotal, several pics popping up on the internet of people showing stockpiles of XBOnes at their local stores, showing up daily. All of this being easily obtainable information, all the while MS saying "we're sold out"....and you turned that into "you think they should have minute to minute tracking" =/

Quit your BS. Because, technically, bringing up what people have said in the past into a current thread is grounds for a warning/ban. So not only could I report you for that, but you'd get a warning/ban based on your own lack of reading comprehension causing you to distort my post history. Now, you don't want that, do you?

edit: here's an example of one of my posts in that thread: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5868882. I referred to the anectdotal pictures of massive stockpiles people were posting, and also the fact that Amazon, in particular, had stock at the time of my posting. And how you could see the same thing at other sites if you go to zoolerts and wiilerts to see that XBOnes were readily available at the time. This is the kind of stuff that you said was me saying "they should have up to date tracking on every unit sold". See how silly you look?

So much rage over whether a toy was in stock almost 2 years ago hahahaha!  Let it go, man. Everything is going to be okay!

Around the Network

Good increase! Looking forward to seeing the Holiday numbers I think the XB1 will do CRAZY numbers in the US and have some pretty solid EU numbers as well.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

ShadowofYahrnam said:

So much rage over whether a toy was in stock almost 2 years ago hahahaha!  Let it go, man. Everything is going to be okay!

I think I have a right to be upset here. It's not a matter of "rage over a toy being in stock 2 years ago". The problem is that ever since that exchange (me showing that XBOnes were in stock at the time at most major retailers when MS claimed they were sold out), that guy has, on multiple occassions, tried to undermine comments I make by saying "this is the guy who said MS should have up to the minute tracking on every unit sold". It's why my first sentence was "oh, you just had to come in with that BS"...it's because he's done it before. I've never once said or even implied that MS should have that kind of tracking. I've corrected him several times about it. Yet, he continues to spread lies to, essentially, say "don't take him seriously".

I'm sure you'd be a little pissed, too, if time and again, someone tells a lie about you/misquotes you, and despite being corrected, still tells the lie over and over.

BMaker11 said:

ShadowofYahrnam said:

I think I have a right to be upset here. It's not a matter of "rage over a toy being in stock 2 years ago". The problem is that ever since that exchange (me showing that XBOnes were in stock at the time at most major retailers when MS claimed they were sold out), that guy has, on multiple occassions, tried to undermine comments I make by saying "this is the guy who said MS should have up to the minute tracking on every unit sold". It's why my first sentence was "oh, you just had to come in with that BS"...it's because he's done it before. I've never once said or even implied that MS should have that kind of tracking. I've corrected him several times about it. Yet, he continues to spread lies to, essentially, say "don't take him seriously".

I'm sure you'd be a little pissed, too, if time and again, someone tells a lie about you/misquotes you, and despite being corrected, still tells the lie over and over.

1. Please dont be so dramatic as if I have thrown this back at you repeatedly or something. I think this is the 2nd time I have referenced your posts during the launch times since the launch times. And always in reference to your wacky logistics thinking. Its not as if its off topic or attacking.

2. You did imply MS needs up to the second tracking data because if you look at the very thread you linked (it wasnt the only one btw), its the only thing that would make your idea work. So MS should have supplied people with the stores that had Xbones in stock because "they know where they shipped them". Nevermind delivery to said stores distribution center, nevermind sorting and loading for said store, nevermind delivery and unloading to said store, nevermind time required for product to be stocked at said store. Nevermind that each retailers stock checking system are flawed and constantly inaccurate.

So MS should know WM #2716 should have Xbones because they know they shipped that store 8 on Tuesday. Nevermind that it might have been the next Monday before they were unloaded at that store and available for sale (which MS would not know). Nevermind that it wouldnt be until that truck was scanned in that the product would be in the store inventory, and that the website wont update until midnight. MS should still know that store has some. So maybe Monday night an associate stocks them to the shelf. Maybe they last until midnight and are included when the website updates. If even one is left when it updates and its sold 5 minutes latee, for an entire day the website will show in stock. Yet MS should still be in position to track all of this, because they know that hey, we shipped em some units!

Of course, there could be a line when those Xbones are brought out amd they could have been sold in 10 minutes. But MS should still post online that the store has them, because they know they shipped them.

It implies that MS must either have a way to track sales lightning fast or they just send everyone on a blind goose chase with old shipping info. Whichever of those two you prefer, either one represents a terribly flawed understanding of how logistics works, which was the moral of my story anyway. That whoever i quoted asking you about logistics should understand that you know very little about it, which youve proven again in this thread.

Nothing personal, just saying. And thats all Ill say about that. 

Its not really empressive numbers, look at sony this weeks vgchartz numbers all playstation systems sold combined 300k in this week alone.

LudicrousSpeed said:

-snip-

You've done this at least 3-5 times before. I wouldn't have got into a tizzy about it, otherwise, if you only said it one other time.

And if you go to Walmart.com and it says "item in stock", then go to Gamestop, Best Buy, Amazon, etc, all saying the same thing; that has nothing to do with knowing how many units are available at any one specific retailer. It just means that that chain has the item in stock. That's all I ever said. But you turned that into "you said they should have minute to minute tracking". You clearly believe that this is what I said, even though they're obviously two different things, and that's why you're going on a tangent about logistics. You were wrong.

And that's all I'll say about it.