By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 1.4m Xbox consoles shipped Q4

Mystro-Sama said:
Shipped means nothing to me.

And then, we use VGChartz numbers.

...The genius.

Around the Network
patronmacabre said:
I do really wish their results would be more informative, but I understand that they have to keep PR up. That said, it seems like we can never get solid numbers, because their results are always masked by at least two levels of vagueness.

In any case, let's try to dissect the numbers. I think 50,000 shipments of the Xbox 360 is a decent minimum, and 150,000 is a decent maximum, so... that gives us an Xbox One shipment between 1.25 million and 1.35 million.

If there was anyway we could get some solid sell-through numbers, then we could get a rough approximation of their sell-through rate. I will wait until we get the post-NPD adjustments, and then make a rough estimation based on that. I don't think it's a crazy assertion to say that the Xbox One's sell through rate is significantly lower than the PS4's, though.

...WHAT!?!?!??! 150k maximum!? O.o

I mean... do you know last year the 360 has most likely ship some like 500k or so?

endy.G said:
at least up YoY
next quarter will be the same with Halo and Gears Remaster

Also the new 1TB bundels will account for the first time and should raise profibility

Halo is coming by end October, the next quarter is July to September.

And i doubt will be up YOY honestly, last year XBO is coming in many new countries, and was a strong September in the US thanks Destiny.

I don't see One+360 break 2.4 million.

Ryng_Tolu said:

Estimated:

[XB1] 1,100,000
[360] 300,000

Lifetime, i believe the One should be at 14.1 million shipped, and the 360 at a bit less than 88 million...

so xb360 is still way ahead of the ps3?
ps3 is below 87,1 million. probably 86.5m

imho you undererstimate the xb1 sales. they should not be that low. neither schould be the xb360 so high

Ryng_Tolu said:
endy.G said:
at least up YoY
next quarter will be the same with Halo and Gears Remaster

Also the new 1TB bundels will account for the first time and should raise profibility

Halo is coming by end October, the next quarter is July to September.

And i doubt will be up YOY honestly, last year XBO is coming in many new countries, and was a strong September in the US thanks Destiny.

I don't see One+360 break 2.4 million.

lol wow. im stupid.
sure october is the fourth quater :D

last year q3 was tier 2 release
xb sales will be flat or maybe even down due to decleining xb360 sales...

endy.G said:

imho you undererstimate the xb1 sales. they should not be that low. neither schould be the xb360 so high

Honestly, i don't know how are the PS3 shipments, but if is at 86.5 million then yeah, 360 is most likely above it, but as i already said, idk.

lol wow. im stupid. 

Yup, but the 360 decline isn't so big as much think... The last official (or well, tecnically still a estimate) numbers was Jan NPD 2015, and the 360 sold 40k, compared to the under 49k of 2014, that's around 15% dropped if not less... I doubt the 360 is selling/ship only 15% less than last year, but is for show that the 360 isn't massive dropped like much people say... for a comparation, in Jan NPD the PS3 is dropped 55k to 35k, that's way worse % decrease...

Any way, for the XBO, i believe will be down a bit YOY in the next Quarter, and up YOY in the final Quarter of 2015 ( Oct to Dec )

^
|
|

Respost.

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:
endy.G said:

Honestly, i don't know how are the PS3 shipments, but if is at 86.5 million then yeah, 360 is most likely above it, but as i already said, idk.

lol wow. im stupid. 

Yup, but the 360 decline isn't so big as much think... The last official (or well, tecnically still a estimate) numbers was Jan NPD 2015, and the 360 sold 40k, compared to the under 49k of 2014, that's around 15% dropped if not less... I doubt the 360 is selling/ship only 15% less than last year, but is for show that the 360 isn't massive dropped like much people say... for a comparation, in Jan NPD the PS3 is dropped 55k to 35k, that's way worse % decrease...

Any way, for the XBO, i believe will be down a bit YOY in the next Quarter, and up YOY in the final Quarter of 2015 ( Oct to Dec )

ps3 sold in 80 million as of november 2nd 2013

http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/news/20131106.pdf

since october 1st 2013, sony shipped 7.1 million ps3 (missing april - june 2015 shipments - we get that data in 5 days)

http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/financial/fr/14q4_sonypre.pdf (page 25)

endy.G said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
endy.G said:

lol wow. im stupid. 

ps3 sold in 80 million as of november 2th 2013

http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/news/20131106.pdf

since october 1st 2013, sony shipped 7.1 million ps3 (missing april - june 2015 shipments - we get that data in 5 days)

http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/financial/fr/14q4_sonypre.pdf (page 25)

In that case, 360 > PS3 easy...

Pretty good for a TV box.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Angelv577 said:
walsufnir said:

You still didn't get it, perhaps I should make it even more clear. There is a reason Sony did it last gen and there is a reason MS does it this gen. The reason is the interesting part, not who did it first.

So what is the reason? I guess sony did it because it was more convenient to hide the real sales because they were below expectations, now XB1 is in the same position to make comparison look less bad that they already are.

Yup, exactly this. Wasn't too hard to get that, was it?

TFW some people don't realize that stores ship consoles back to MS, then MS ships em right back to inflate their shipped numbers.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)