By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 1.4m Xbox consoles shipped Q4

WoodenPints said:
Nicklesbe said:

More than half shipped than sold in the same time frame. They sold around 480k while shipping 1.4m Considering ps4's increased sales at the time it's safe to say they likely returned 1-2/3rds of that 500k+ back 

Worldwide sales on VGChartz  April - June

Xbox 360 -145,277 

Xbox One - 896,560 

Total - 1,041,837

Looking like there slightly under tracked and more likely 1.1M.

The 360 sales in this site are hilarius. Lol.

It is selling some like barely more than half of the PS3, when is currently shipping more or maximum equal... Yeah, sure.

Around the Network
Nicklesbe said:
TFW some people don't realize that stores ship consoles back to MS, then MS ships em right back to inflate their shipped numbers.

Desperately hoping, are we? :)

Puppyroach said:
Nicklesbe said:
TFW some people don't realize that stores ship consoles back to MS, then MS ships em right back to inflate their shipped numbers.

Desperately hoping, are we? :)

Yeah its funny some of the crazies here are even going to the extreme of making stories up. Seriously stores are about profits and dont wish to waste time shipping commodities back n forth. If they cannot take anymore shipments they simply stop ordering unless of course there are new bundles incoming etc.

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

You can only keep saying that the numbers are shipped for so long, retailers don't have infinite shelf space.

And I'd really question the notion of MS reshipping a console sent back to them being counted as 2 consoles, surely that's fraud?

PS, PS2, Gameboy Advance, PS3, PSP, PS4, Xbox One

beeje13 said:
You can only keep saying that the numbers are shipped for so long, retailers don't have infinite shelf space.

And I'd really question the notion of MS reshipping a console sent back to them being counted as 2 consoles, surely that's fraud?

yes they can't and don't count consoles twice. That would amount to financial statement fraud and open them up to being prosecuted by the SEC for the violations as well as shareholder class action suits. basically the consequences for doing something like that are simply so far reaching that they would be insane to even consider it. Anyone that thinks that happens has some serious conspiracy theory tinfoil hat stuff going on.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
Angelv577 said:

So what is the reason? I guess sony did it because it was more convenient to hide the real sales because they were below expectations, now XB1 is in the same position to make comparison look less bad that they already are.

Yup, exactly this. Wasn't too hard to get that, was it?

I got that a long time ago, I was only making sure you were on the same page.

WoodenPints said:

Worldwide sales on VGChartz  April - June

Xbox 360 -145,277

Xbox One - 896,560

Total - 1,041,837

Looking like there slightly under tracked and more likely 1.1M.

Shipment <> sales (what VGC try report).

There is no comparison here because you can work with invenctory from last Q or even overship more to the next Q.