By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Project Cars for Wii U Officially Cancelled

ethomaz said:

You can cancel something is backed by users? Is it not illegal?

If I'm a WiiU owner and give my money to the project?

forget about this example. at least they did make something lol.

there are total projects on kickstarter where people got scammed and they lost their money. Kickstarter didn't do shit about it except put a little disclaimer on their page about be careful or some crap lol.

They already working on Project Cars 2.

Hopefully they can release a twin pack on NX assuming it is a home console and powerful enough to run it/ 

Around the Network
bunchanumbers said:
I won't be touching it when it launches for NX. I wanted this for Wii U, not years later on a different system. They can go to hell for all that I care now. I won't be buying Project Cars 2 either.

look it is a shitty situation and I am not happy but I rather the game worked well than be released broken at 20fps.

No one should be surprised by this. The Wii u shares closed levels of power to the 360/PS3, so when they cancelled those versions, the writing was on the wall that the Wii u version would also be cancelled. They had it running on the Wii u 2 years ago. Is it any surprise that they added a lot more over the course of 2 years to the point that the Wii u can't handle the game? And those of you annoyed by the kickstarted backing, 360/PS3 owners were first, but they didn't have this huge of an outrage.

Ok i guess. I wasn't going to get it anyways.

not a suprise if get the game it would have been xone not wiiu

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
bunchanumbers said:
I won't be touching it when it launches for NX. I wanted this for Wii U, not years later on a different system. They can go to hell for all that I care now. I won't be buying Project Cars 2 either.

look it is a shitty situation and I am not happy but I rather the game worked well than be released broken at 20fps.

This

Damn that's crazy. I'm not shocked, but I was hoping that it would come for the fans. The NX won't make the mistake of falling behind on hardware so that games can't come to the system.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Cobretti2 said:
bunchanumbers said:

You do realise that they could just scale back in appropriate places, right? Halve the number of polygons in each model, use a simpler friction model, etc. If they had it running well on the Wii U two years ago (as they claimed, over and over again, back then), then they could simply cut back on the extra details that were added after that.

It's not like racing games are only possible if you have sufficient power (in other words, this isn't like Dead Rising: Chop Til You Drop, where the Wii couldn't handle the kinds of numbers of zombies on screen without sacrificing far too much in terms of behaviour). They had three options - release a broken mess, don't release anything... or make some sensible cutbacks in order to ensure that the game runs well and is fun.

And heck, they could have finished off the Wii U version early, released it in early 2014, then released XBO/PS4 versions (which weren't even part of the original crowdfunding campaign) a year later as "definitive" versions, with people double-dipping on them. People were plenty excited for Project CARS U back when it was first shown, and were more than happy with the graphics as they looked at the time.

Ah ok. Hopefully they don't announce an NX version that will likely flop.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

traveler72 said:
ninjapirate42 said:
It's a shame but if it was dropped for 360 and PS3 I'm not surprised.
But it did look very good from the early videos that I had watched, would have most likely picked this one up.

What does ps360 cancellation has to do with Wii U? the wii u is much more powerfull than those.

I know it's more powerful, but I know a lot of times once someone cancels a title for 360/PS3 the Wii U is always next in line.