By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most impressive open world in a game you've played

I want to know what game has the most impressive (huge, beautiful) open world in your opinion.

By the way, you can only choose a game based on your experience. For example, if you think GTA V has the best open world ever, but you haven't played yet, you can't choose it.

As for me, I'm going with Just Cause 2. Not only it has beautiful landscapes, but it has one of the largest maps I've ever saw in a game, with tons of cities, villages, forests, deserts and islands with lots of things to do.

I would say Skyrim too, but I don't know... Compared to Just Cause 2, it looks like Skyrim has a world that feels more empty.

Around the Network

The Witcher 3 for me.Not only it has a big world, it is beautifully crafted.But what it sold fort me was the side-quests, that truly breath life into the world, made it believable, made it look like it could be a world truly habitable by people.
Xenoblade Chronicles X is probably going to beat it, but since i didnt play it yet, cant say for certain

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

GTA V cause I liked the story and its online is pretty awesome

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Xenoblade Chronicles

Assassin's Creed Black Flag: I loved the Caribe landscapes and being able to sail, plunder and all pirate related things.

I know... my English sucks.

Around the Network

I'm pretty sure its going to be No Man's Sky when it comes out.

red dead redemption

My Retail Games Collection (January 2015)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ99pL3WR2goZTseFboiz8g

Skyrim for me. I remember leaving the camp where the game started and heading off to the north to explore and it took my breath away. It was stunning, the world felt absolutely massive and I was hooked on exploring every nook and cranny of it. Mountainous and subarctic environments are among my favourites.

Xenoblade for me. Not only is the gameplay extremely enjoyable, but it also has a great story and cast of characters

Xenoblade Chronicles for me. The idea of the world is as ridiculous and at the same time as wonderful as you can imagine. The game knows how to provide a great sense of scale.

Playing: F1 2016 (PC), Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (PS4)
Watching: Hajime no Ippo, Attack on Titan (4th time)
Upcoming purchases in October:
-TBD