By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most impressive open world in a game you've played

Xenoblade Chronicles

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

Yeah, I forgot about Xenoblade Chronicles at the first post.

Xenoblade Chronicles for everything. Aesthetically it is beautiful, the story is brilliant, the characters are loveable. However, I think Skyrim's actual map is better.

Overall, Xenoblade Chronicles.

It will probably change to Xenoblade Chronicles X or No Man's Sky whenever I get those.

No Man's Sky is actually open universe so ;)

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Dragon Quest VIII. How they managed to fit this huge gameworld (for the time) into the 32MB of RAM of the PS2 is beyond me

Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning. Its a really hidden gem with a good combat system beautiful world and rich lore.

Around the Network

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind on PC. The first time I played the game I fell in love with it's world (the diffirent terrains, the overgrown forests, the coasts, wild life, the lore etc.). It was the most beautiful and heterogeneous world I had ever seen in a video game and to be honest; it still is.

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Far Cry 3 - best one most likely. Very dense and lots of fun things to do.

Just Cause 2 is exactly the opposite. Big world with nothing fun to do.

Wind Waker.

Red Dead Redemption for me easily.

When you play this scene for the first time, it's just brilliant -SPOILERS- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXXU0UnTR2g

GTA San Andreas, GTA V, Red Dead Redemption, Bloodborne and Witcher 3