By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - June 2015 NPD Thread! PS4, WiiU, XBO, 3DS up

DerNebel said:

Not really on topic but there was a thread on r/xboxone on that tweet, most people realize that E3 awards are kind of pointless but someone had to make this comment:

"It's hard to be objective anymore, but I felt like MS still had a much better showing than Sony. Speaking strictly to their games lineup, I felt like Sony wasted so much time showing boring, uncut gameplay--I'm looking at you The Last Guardian and No Man's Sky. Hell, Horizon or whatever it's called seems like a really cool concept, but I would've liked to see more of it as a complete game instead of the uncut gameplay.

Now I've got nothing against uncut gameplay, but I don't think it belongs at these conferences unless it's a high profile game that's going to blow away the crowd (for example, Uncharted 4, Gears 4, and Halo 5)."

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/3dk4yj/this_e3_both_xbox_and_halo_received_more/ct62ztt

The lengths some people go through to shit on press conferences from the companies they don't like is just astounding some times.

That's awesome.  Finally, someone has the nerve to call out these companies for showing off game-play at gaming presentations.

It's an abomination that needs to stop.

Around the Network

PS4 beasting!!!
Like always on VGChartz Wii U is overtracked and PS4 is undertracked...

JRPGfan said:
tiffac said:
Guys, what's the official NPD gap between the PS4 and the Xbox One?

Supposedly over 770k.

Thanks, that shouldn't be a problem for the X1 to erase this Holiday season, especially with their line up.

I'm confident this year will be my turn to win the bet with my friends. (knock on wood)

tiffac said:

Thanks, that shouldn't be a problem for the X1 to erase this Holiday season, especially with their line up.

I'm confident this year will be my turn to win the bet with my friends. (knock on wood)

It is not that easy to erase this gap even in holidays.

And to be fair the gap will be over 1 million before holidays like last year.

tiffac said:
JRPGfan said:
tiffac said:
Guys, what's the official NPD gap between the PS4 and the Xbox One?

Supposedly over 770k.

Last holidays the Xbox One, went from like 950k behinde to only 300-350k ish by the end of it.

Xbox One will need a better holidays this year (compaired to the ps4) than last, for that to be true.

It depends on if the PS4 gets a price cut or not, and how big it is.

Its not that easy to outsell the PS4 by millions in 2-3 months or so out of the year, even when you have Halo 5.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

tiffac said:

It is not that easy to erase this gap even in holidays.

And to be fair the gap will be over 1 million before holidays like last year.

You're not helping with my confidence man D:

JRPGfan said:
tiffac said:

Last holidays the Xbox One, went from like 950k behinde to only 300-350k ish by the end of it.

Xbox One will need a better holidays this year (compaired to the ps4) than last, for that to be true.

Its not that easy to outsell the PS4 by millions in 2-3 months or so out of the year, even when you have Halo 5.

Also Sony really didnt do any deals of note for most of the time (they did in december)... so I think this year they will be more prepared to.

I would say though, who cares if MS do close the gap or go infront, they are only doing it by dropping the price to rediculously low levels and giving tons of stuff with it. It's a hollow victory, last gen sony was down about 12m+ in the USA, people are going to get excited if MS is ahead by a hundred thousand... it's still a disaster. But I think Sony will do slightly better deals this year than last, so I expect Ms to close the gap, but the gap to still be there.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

JRPGfan said:

The end of 2014 GAP in US was ~500k (up from 186k in 2013).

Right now the GAP is 770k.

It will goes up for sure until September... you can expect September alone adding 150k or more to the gap... my estimates is a GAP over 1 million after September NPD.

October will be the next Xbone close GAP month... it is not a big month in sales so I expect it to close ~150k due Halo (I'm expeting Xbone @ 450k / PS4 @ 300k).

November the biggest seller shift side (CoD Bundle) while I expect Xbone to win it won't be like last year with 400k+ difference... maybe a 200k only this year.

Same for December a win for Xbone but less than last year... 100k.

Final prediction GAP: ~600k

I expect it to have a GAP a bit over what they had last year...

DerNebel said:
darkenergy said:

Maybe people should be more realistic and not make bullshit numbers then.

Again that's easy to say when you didn't make a prediction.

I for example could also go ahead and call all the Metacritic predictions in your sig unrealistic, but I'm not gonna do that because I haven't put myself out there to make predictions for those games (aside from Halo 5 I think).

To come out after the results are here and say that all predictions were unrealistic and bullshit is taking the real easy route.

Again if they didn't lower their predictions and be realistic there wont be any callouts, I seen people call out others predictions even though they never made a prediction themselves hell there were even users who rarely comment call people out.

I really hope you actually click the link to my predictions because my Ori prediction was one point away from being spot on so calling my predictions(Ori included which came one point close to my prediction) unrealistic isnt really a great idea. Being a few points off isn't really something worth calling out for.

Proud to be a Californian.

darkenergy said:
DerNebel said:

Again that's easy to say when you didn't make a prediction.

I for example could also go ahead and call all the Metacritic predictions in your sig unrealistic, but I'm not gonna do that because I haven't put myself out there to make predictions for those games (aside from Halo 5 I think).

To come out after the results are here and say that all predictions were unrealistic and bullshit is taking the real easy route.

Again if they didn't lower their predictions and be realistic there wont be any callouts, I seen people call out others predictions even though they never made a prediction themselves hell there were even users who rarely comment call people out.

I really hope you actually click the link to my predictions because my Ori prediction was one point away from being spot on so calling my predictions(Ori included which came one point close to my prediction) unrealistic isnt really a great idea. Being a few points off isn't really something worth calling out for.

I'm not going through the whole thread to call out everyone seperately, you were the last one I saw doing this but you can consider this as something aimed at everyone that now AFTER the results are out feels in the position to call people out for their predictions when they themselves didn't predict anything. You can act all smug and say that you would have made a better prediction, but fact is you didn't so you don't get to call people out after the results are out, the situation would be different if you started calling out before the results were known (which makes me realize that I could in fact call out your meta predictions but whatever) but if as soon as we know the result you act as if you'd have done better then you should really just stop.

Make a prediction next month and if you're right you can call out people all you want.

And you really shouldn't get too full of yourself for getting the Ori score correct, doesn't mean you couldn't be completely off the mark with another game, has happened before plenty enough.