By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - June 2015 NPD Thread! PS4, WiiU, XBO, 3DS up

jlmurph2 said:
xl-klaudkil said:

Hahahaha there talking like sales dont matter to them anymore all of a sudden XD.

And there's posts like these that show the arrogance and ignorance of some in this community. I find it hilarious they threw it right back in your face with the 297k.

People definetly forget how low and unrealistic their X1 predictions were, X1 surpasses expectations :)

Proud to be a Californian.

Around the Network

I just looked through the NeoGaf thread, and most seem to be quouteing a 370k figour for the PS4 sales.
(not the 365k figour in this thread).

Also:

"..the PlayStation 4 has maintained a good lead over the Xbox One and that has grown this year. There is now 770,000 more PlayStation 4's in the hands of consumers.." -ZhugeEX

more: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=172151464&postcount=1302

Still pretty damn good numbers, higher than I thought either would be.
Will be intresting to see if Xbox closes that gap come christmas.

darkenergy said:
jlmurph2 said:

And there's posts like these that show the arrogance and ignorance of some in this community. I find it hilarious they threw it right back in your face with the 297k.

People definetly forget how low and unrealistic their X1 predictions were, X1 surpasses expectations :)

It's easy to call out other peoples predictions when you didn't make one yourself. ;)

darkenergy said:
jlmurph2 said:

And then the inevitable "Idk why everyone's so surprised.." etc. 

DerNebel said:

"It's hard to be objective anymore, but I felt like MS still had a much better showing than Sony. Speaking strictly to their games lineup, I felt like Sony wasted so much time showing boring, uncut gameplay--I'm looking at you The Last Guardian and No Man's Sky. Hell, Horizon or whatever it's called seems like a really cool concept, but I would've liked to see more of it as a complete game instead of the uncut gameplay.

Now I've got nothing against uncut gameplay, but I don't think it belongs at these conferences unless it's a high profile game that's going to blow away the crowd (for example, Uncharted 4, Gears 4, and Halo 5)."

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/3dk4yj/this_e3_both_xbox_and_halo_received_more/ct62ztt

The lengths some people go through to shit on press conferences from the companies they don't like is just astounding some times.

Heh... Heh. Heheh.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
darkenergy said:

It's easy to call out other peoples predictions when you didn't make one yourself. ;)

Maybe people should be more realistic and not make bullshit numbers then.

Proud to be a Californian.

Roronaa_chan said:
DerNebel said:

"It's hard to be objective anymore, but I felt like MS still had a much better showing than Sony. Speaking strictly to their games lineup, I felt like Sony wasted so much time showing boring, uncut gameplay--I'm looking at you The Last Guardian and No Man's Sky. Hell, Horizon or whatever it's called seems like a really cool concept, but I would've liked to see more of it as a complete game instead of the uncut gameplay.

Now I've got nothing against uncut gameplay, but I don't think it belongs at these conferences unless it's a high profile game that's going to blow away the crowd (for example, Uncharted 4, Gears 4, and Halo 5)."

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/3dk4yj/this_e3_both_xbox_and_halo_received_more/ct62ztt

The lengths some people go through to shit on press conferences from the companies they don't like is just astounding some times.

Heh... Heh. Heheh.

Hey don't you know: People do not want to see real gameplay at conferences, they either want to see CG trailers or gameplay trailers with tons of jump cuts.

Unless it's amazing demos like the one for Gears 4, people were clearly blown away by that compared to say Horizon...

Jesus, I can't believe how dumb that comment is.

darkenergy said:
DerNebel said:

Maybe people should be more realistic and not make bullshit numbers then.

Again that's easy to say when you didn't make a prediction.

I for example could also go ahead and call all the Metacritic predictions in your sig unrealistic, but I'm not gonna do that because I haven't put myself out there to make predictions for those games (aside from Halo 5 I think).

To come out after the results are here and say that all predictions were unrealistic and bullshit is taking the real easy route.

Guys, what's the official NPD gap between the PS4 and the Xbox One?

tiffac said:
Guys, what's the official NPD gap between the PS4 and the Xbox One?

Supposedly over 770k.